Photo

What's your favorite aspect of questmaking?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite aspect of questmaking?

See title

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

My favourite part is actually overworld design. I love adding hidden goodies here and there, and I also love working with layers.

Dungeon design is somewhat tedious for me, mostly since I use the default Zelda NES style, which right off the bat doesn't give me a lot to do in terms of complex puzzle design. Also, I usually just make short and simple dungeons, since I'm lazy and don't know what to do with the tools given to me and most of my dungeons end up being screen after screen of block formations and water.

• Evan20000 likes this

#17 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

I chose other, as personally my favorite part of making a quest is the ideas phase of everything. I suppose that's game design in general, but I find that I'm so excited to think up new things and build new worlds and monsters. Just brainstorming to come up with a new enemy type that is unlike any other and can bring a unique challenge is so much fun for me. The issue usually ends up being that my ideas are far too large for me to execute without serious learning/experience first, but it is what it is. 

That isn't to say I don't like actually making the quest, that part is great fun too. Seeing the ideas actually come to fruition and work is very rewarding. But, I guess I just really love worldbuilding.

#18 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

I chose Bosses. In theory, dungeon should be something I'd like, but truth be told I am not good at dungeon design :( I have been getting better though, and it's become more enjoyable to do so. However, if I can ever be arsed to open up notepad++, bosses and items are both things I enjoy making.

#19 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

For me it's Dungeons, Mostly because I feel like with overworlds it's hard to find the right balance of clutter, open space, and keeping the world from feeling empty.  In dungeons I don't have this problem because they're generally smaller and have what seems to be more variation in what you can do with them vs. an overworld.

• Kivitoe likes this

#20 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

For me, creating a dungeon is where I shine. There are endless possibilities for gimmicks and is honestly one of my favorite aspects of Zelda Classic. After all of these years, you can still find plenty of uniquely designed dungeons. I'm so excited to see what everybody thinks of my dungeons when my quest is finally completed. Trust me, they are creative, especially the ones from LV 4 and onward. 

When playing, I love a good boss battle. While I'm not able to script ghost enemies, with clever usage of the editor, you can still make some pretty interesting boss battles from zquest alone. 

Edited by Yloh, 03 December 2016 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users