Warping by Script

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Suppose at the end of an FFC script I want Link to warp to a particular Warp spot (WarpA, WarpB, WarpC, WarpD) on a different DMap.  I'd like it to be an instawarp with wavy lines.

Is there a super-fast-and-easy way to do this that I am missing?  If there is, would someone please enlighten me?

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Suppose at the end of an FFC script I want Link to warp to a particular Warp spot (WarpA, WarpB, WarpC, WarpD) on a different DMap.  I'd like it to be an instawarp with wavy lines.

Is there a super-fast-and-easy way to do this that I am missing?  If there is, would someone please enlighten me?

There are several different ways to warp Link with an ffc.

One is to change the ffc's data to an Autowarp A-D combo. These automatically warp you using whatever is set to the sidewarp of the corresponding letter. (Or random, if you choose.)

The second is to use the Link->Warp or Link->Pitwarp function. Link->Warp functions likes the stairs combo, but as far as I know; can only send you to Warp Destination A. Link->Pitwarp is like a Direct Warp combo, you end up on the same spot you were originally standing. The arguments to these are as follows.

/**
	* Warps link to the given screen in the given DMap, just like if he'd
	* triggered an 'Insta-Warp'-type warp.
	*/
	void Warp(int DMap, int screen);

/**
	* This is identical to Warp, but Link's X and Y positions are preserved
	* when he enters the destination screen, rather than being set to the
	* Warp Return square.
	*/
	void PitWarp(int DMap, int screen);

You can also turn ffc's into other types of warp combos, although they will not warp you unless you touch them.

Edited by ywkls, 24 February 2017 - 07:28 PM.

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users