Forbidden Ascent Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Yeah I gave up on that boss after constantly failing at the second phase, the underwater one. I feel like you could at least have healed the player after every phase. I'm also not quite sure how chaos mode works and how much it matters.

#32 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

I'm also not quite sure how chaos mode works and how much it matters.

If Chaos Mode is turned off, all his attacks are seeded by your file name. That is to say, you'll always proceed through the phases in the same order, and he'll always use his attacks in the exact same order. That way, you can memorize his attack order and know exactly what he's going to do next and how to dodge it. With Chaos Mode turned on, he uses ZC's RNG rather than the seeded RNG, so his attack order and phase order are truly random.
  • Avaro likes this

#33 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Yeah I gave up on that boss after constantly failing at the second phase, the underwater one. I feel like you could at least have healed the player after every phase. I'm also not quite sure how chaos mode works and how much it matters.

Perhaps it isn't to your taste, but not healing between phases is kind of the entire point here. It's intended to be a multi-phase endurance fight. It's also meant to be the biggest challenge in the entire game, so that explains the high difficulty. Learning his specific attack pattern can really give you an edge, so I'd say whether or not Chaos Mode is on makes a huge difference.

• Avaro and Demonlink like this

#34 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

Spoiler

• Russ and Aevin like this

#35 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Congrats!
  • Avaro and Demonlink like this

#36 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

I have a question about lucas's sword combos, just how many are there? ive got through the entire quest and the only combos i could find/use was the basic and aerial and i'm just curious if there is more than than two?

#37 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

By "aerial," do you mean his somersault attack? There's the ground attack, the somersault (with a level 2 sword, as I recall). There's also a rapier, which lets him do more dash-oriented strikes. He can slide along the ground while striking enemies, or jump into the air and attack to slash at a diagonal downwards. He can also use the rapier to do a jumping slash away from the wall when climbing, though it's tricky to do and not very practical. Moosh or Russ can chime in if I'm forgetting something.

#38 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Like Aevin said, using the rapier off a wall will fash upwards off it. Using the Explorer's Sword while on a wall doing a spin attack while jump. The starting sword and Explorer's Sword can also downstab, though Downward Dagger is basically better at doing that (or at the very least more fun). Other than that, Aevin hit the main ones.

#39 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Thanks! Now i can actually fight the final boss in chaos mode! (I am not looking forward to this)

#40 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

This may not be the best time to ask but what is the point of the room with a chain hook on a pedestal in the ice caves above the thwomp?

#41 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

A certain person broke out of bounds in the original version of the game by using the downward dagger to bounce off the thwomp and into empty map space there. That room was added in the update as an inside joke in that member's honor. It serves no gameplay purpose; it's just a little tribute.

#42 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:06 AM

I'm stuck in the "death trap" I can't get out using the hookshot jump.

#43 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 June 2021 - 04:17 PM

Nevermind I got out.

#44 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:51 AM

I found two z files in a FA folder after unzip. What should I do to them?

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 12 August 2022 - 06:51 AM.

#45 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 August 2022 - 10:57 AM

You don't need to do anything with them. Those are the script files for the quest, distributed with it in case anyone wants to look at how the code works or make changes.

• DarkFlameSheep likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users