Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Also, Halt doesn't work on leeches.

They are secretly masters of time.

• ShadowTiger and Aevin like this

#62 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

There were tons of bugs in the past where if a leech grabbed you and then you halted it, weird shit happened.

Is that also why they cancel out projectiles when they're hit? It makes it difficult to use spells like Flamethrower around them.

• Aevin likes this

#63 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Can't you just stop their movement functions and cause them to fall off you if they latch onto you? 

#64 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Is that also why they cancel out projectiles when they're hit? It makes it difficult to use spells like Flamethrower around them.

That's actually an unrelated, but equally aggravating (for Aevin at least) issue. I, too, feel the pain of them greedily eating Metal Blades left and right. :(

Can't you just stop their movement functions and cause them to fall off you if they latch onto you?

This is close to how they originally worked. It was still pretty buggy, so not likely.

EDIT: In other news, I'm bored and am starting Playthrough #11.
  • Deedee likes this

#65 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Those leeches are the bane of my existence. The issue is that they have multiple states that can't update if they're halted, and sorting it out is a huge pain that hasn't gone well for me in the past. Also, their collision is off and I fake it by having them take damage and destroy weapons. I thought I'd fixed it with everything that's not supposed to be destroyed, but I guess I overlooked it. Basically they're enemies that operate so differently from how ZC wants to handle enemies that they're always giving me trouble. The weapons-eating thing ought to be an easy enough fix. Thanks for letting me know.

#66 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

With regards to the colored plot blocks - couldn't you just put them in the boss room itself, like off in the corners? I didn't figure out what they were until the last area.

Alternately, you could add them to the inventory screen.

Also, the game has way too many colors and I gave up trying to track things through them.

But yeah, super impressive despite the flaws. :)

#67 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

I just submitted a substantial update which introduces a few new features and a bunch of bug fixes!

This update will break previous saves, so make sure to finish any playthrough you've started before upgrading to this file to avoid losing your progress.

I added an easier mode in addition to Normal and Difficult. If you're looking for a more easygoing paythrough, or just want to quickly run through to see some different characters' stories, Relaxed mode is for you! Some enemies are replaced with weaker versions, level 2 enemies no longer appear, and boss HP and damage have been reduced.

Three new secret playable characters have been added! Everyone in Yuurei is now playable. For those keeping track ...

Spoiler

The reward system at the end of the game has been reworked to prevent you from learning information irrelevant to your character and to try to minimize repeats. Certain conditions lead to the 3 new characters being unlocked/revealed.

The flamethrower spell has improved significantly, no longer requiring you to remain stationary to use it. The range on the wind blade spell has also been increased.

The issues with the sand croc and leech enemies should mostly be worked out. Leeches no longer destroy weapons, and sand crocs no longer snap to grid, making them feel a lot more fair to dodge.

I won't trouble you with all the details, but there's a ton of other little improvements here and there. I'd recommend giving this file a shot if you're thinking about another run!

• Evan20000 and Deedee like this

#68 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:40 AM

...Wait, there were

Spoiler
Characters before? I only found
Spoiler

Anyways, this seems to fix quite a few problems I had, so I'll have to give this a try. The moving flamethrower sounds awesome!

#69 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Character Spoilers

• Evan20000 and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#70 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

The new characters are pretty hype!

Spoiler

• Aevin likes this

#71 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Still haven't found the

Spoiler

Is there a place I should start looking?

#72 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

I'm really okay with no one figuring this out legitimately for awhile yet (maybe until the release of a future quest ...), so I don't really wanna spell it out. But as one last hint ... One of them is hiding somewhere with another Yuurei character. ;)

Really it's hardly worth all the secrecy, though, so don't expect too much. If anyone does figure it out, please keep it private.

#73 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

unknown.png

um

• Avaro likes this

#74 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

Keep being magical ZC.

I'm curious, how exactly did that happen? I've seen similar issues, but usually only when the walk through walls cheat and water combos don't get along.

#75 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

I was trying to get out of the water and i ended up embedded in the land instead.

Spoiler

There's a third run down.

Edited by Plutia, 17 December 2016 - 12:12 PM.

• Aevin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users