42 replies to this topic

#16 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

Actually, my error was I had this line after the WaitDraw();

if(IsSideview()) SFFC_SideviewShenanigans(linkxpos, linkypos);

Another error I see is that it can interfere with some ladder scripts as well. Also, If the FFC is moving, you have to follow it and it can't drag you like I imagine it's supposed to do. (WHY U SO F***** UP SIDEVIEW GRAVITY!?) 

#17 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Could you give me some details on the ladder script so I can make them compatible.

#18 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Ladder Script

Although I don't remember who wrote it :P

Edited by Demonlink, 08 January 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#19 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

Beta version 3 is out, let me know if the ladders and platforms work now.

Be sure to configure the rocs feather D0 argument or it won't function on sideview platforms.

Edited by Mero, 09 January 2015 - 04:45 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#20 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

this version works way better in sideview. still a bit buggy but at least its actually working for me.

in regular gravity Link is just walking over ignoring the solid ffcs.  just compiled your script as is.  and placed the ffcs on the screen the same way i did for sideview.

#21 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Fixed

• Demonlink likes this

#22 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

Please make sure that these solid FFCs wont push you through a wall, if it's set to move around and bounce off changers.

#23 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Just tested the new version and it fixes the Ladder issue and runs better. :) However, a few issues found. Link can jump super high while using Roc's Feather on the FFC on sideview gravity, and it doesn't drag Link yet (which I think is supposed to do). It either pushes him back or you still need to follow it...

Edited by Demonlink, 09 January 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#24 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

Fixed

yup.

still having the same issues with being crushed when walking between a solidffc and a solidcombo and turning towards the solidffc as reported above.

also, in regular gravity.  i have a solidffc moving on the y axis, and if i put link in its way, he just gets abruptly moved out of the way to the side, instead of being pushed by it.  didn't try the x axis.

in sideview. i'm riding a moving solidffc, works great. i can jump onto and off of it.  but when link hits a regular solid wall he gets stuck in it.  getting crushed by the moving solidffc while standing on solid ground works fine.  i can still jump up halfway through a solidffc, while you can't jump halfway through a solidcombo in sideview gravity.

more: falling onto a solidffc in sideview gravity sometimes makes link stuck in his jumping animation frame on the solidffc until i jump off.  and if i am jumping and get crushed by the solidffc at the same time, i'm still jumping when i respawn - causing me to jump up into the sidewarp i have set at the top of the screen i'm entering from.

Edited by justin, 09 January 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#25 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

Please make sure that these solid FFCs wont push you through a wall, if it's set to move around and bounce off changers.

That's the plan, he get's crushed instead

Just tested the new version and it fixes the Ladder issue and runs better. :) However, a few issues found. Link can jump super high while using Roc's Feather on the FFC on sideview gravity, and it doesn't drag Link yet (which I think is supposed to do). It either pushes him back or you still need to follow it...

What are you using for your D0 argument?

Try using a new save for the dragging.

yup.

still having the same issues with being crushed when walking between a solidffc and a solidcombo and turning towards the solidffc as reported above.

also, in regular gravity.  i have a solidffc moving on the y axis, and if i put link in its way, he just gets abruptly moved out of the way to the side, instead of being pushed by it.  didn't try the x axis.

in sideview. i'm riding a moving solidffc, works great. i can jump onto and off of it.  but when link hits a regular solid wall he gets stuck in it.  getting crushed by the moving solidffc while standing on solid ground works fine.  i can still jump up halfway through a solidffc, while you can't jump halfway through a solidcombo in sideview gravity.

edit: duplicated the problem, seems to happen intermittently probably has something to do with Link's step speed be 1.5 "Why couldn't the developers have him move at a step of 1" Couldn't duplicate the abrupt movement though.

Sideview bug not sure about that one, still gonna need a example quest.

Edited by Mero, 09 January 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#26 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

What are you using for your D0 argument?

Try using a new save for the dragging.

Screw me, I forgot to setup the D0 (edited to be D1) of Roc's Feather. Still, tried a new save and the dragging doesn't work for me :( If you want more specific details, the FFC is moving at its x axis at a speed of 0.5; when it reaches a changer, it waits for 60 frames and goes in the opposite direction with the same speed and viceversa. What happens is that when it's moving right, you have to follow it, but when it's moving left, it pushes you in the same direction, kinda like a conveyor belt. 

I tested the crushing and it works fine, except for the fact that it sends me to the middle of the screen after that. 

#27 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

It should send you to where ever you entered the screen? It's hard programmed to do that; so that probably has something to do with holelava I bet.

#28 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Probably, because I do have the HoleLava script in that same screen I forgot to add :P

#29 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Updated, character's limit been reached apparently so I've went ahead and resorted to pastebin.

Also as for the Holelava stuff, can you PM me your global script Demonlink.

#30 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Dragging works now and I see that it can now collision smoother when it's moving, right?

As for my global script, I'll send it to you right now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users