reset screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheLink

TheLink

An octorok under a duck?!?!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

In my quest that I'm making, I have quite a lot of mini-game/similar screens that need to be reset to their original state when the player enters (so that puzzles aren't already solved), similar to the reset room type combo. However, my problem is that I require the screen to be reset only once, because the reset room combo works whenever stood on, and also it only works wherever you place the combo, not across the whole screen.

Idea for the script:

It would reset the screen whenever the player enters the screen. It would probably work best as a ffc script, because I only want certain screens to reset when entered, so then you could just place the script on which ever screen you want.

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, maybe you could have it so that in D0, if the user puts 0, then it will reset the screen every time the player enters it and it the user puts another number, it will reset the room that many times, before not resetting the room anymore. However this isn't necessary, it would just make the script a lot nicer to use.

Another thing that would be quite useful would be if the script would take into account the 'no reset's on Screen Data: S.data 1, but then again this is also not necessary.

Thanks for your time, if it is too hard to make this script, then you don't have to bother, it would just help my quest a lot.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

It's possible to script this, but I just want to make sure if you really need it. Why can't you just use temporary screen secrets instead? Is it because you need things like locked blocks and treasure chests reset?

Edited by Avataro, 26 February 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#3 TheLink

TheLink

An octorok under a duck?!?!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

Yes. I have an ice block puzzle (with this script) that you solve. Because it dosn't work with shutters and I requite a nes dungeon room type, I have it so that a chest appears with secret (flag 16) There is a key inside the chest that opens a locked door.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reset, screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users