Item/ message - play SPC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

I can't find sound effects on the net for Final Fantasy V. I'm trying to instead play an spc when you either pickup an item or play a string. Bonus points if you can choose if the spc loops or not. Sometimes I may want it to change the song completely or just playing item fanfare spc once.

Edited by Omega, 15 February 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

Playing enhanced music works in one of two ways: It plays until the player leaves the screen, or it is changed for an entire DMap.

Here is a script set that does the former, or, optionally, the latter. The DMapEnhancedMusic set of scripts, does some magic to resume the standard music after a specified duration: It stores the present enhanced music file, and track; then plays the item jingle by changing the DMap music to it.

When the timer expires, it resets back to the music that was previously set on that DMap.

This is the best that you can do in 2.50.x.

Spoiler

That's how you can do it with an NSF, but I would suggest, as an easier (and far cleaner) alternative, to cross-record the NSF to a WAV file, and use the WAV file as a Sound Effect. I don't know your purpose for using an NSF here.

#3 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Final Fantasy V doesn't have WAV files online, or I'd use those instead.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Final Fantasy V doesn't have WAV files online, or I'd use those instead.

Use a recording tool, or a cross-encoder, to convert them.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

Here is an old utility to convert SPC files to WAV files. I'm not sure if it will run on your OS, but perhaps it is worth trying.

Potentially better still...

Super Jukebox v3.3 Windows Installer | Source Files

This player can convert SPC files to WAV files and runs on Windows, rather than DOS, and may serve you better. I might go through the source and update it at some point, if it has any trouble on Win 8+. 

I had to dig through my archives for this, so you might want to grab it:

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 19 February 2017 - 05:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users