• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

Spoiler

Edited by MermaidCim, 12 August 2016 - 09:07 AM.

#17 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

@MermaidCim- You have to shine spark upwards. Starting at the top of the ledge in Uncertain Climb, speed boost left to just below that gap; press down to charge it and then press R and Up to get through. Fortunately, that is the only vertical shine spark puzzle in the whole game.

• MermaidCim likes this

#18 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

@MermaidCim- You have to shine spark upwards. Starting at the top of the ledge in Uncertain Climb, speed boost left to just below that gap; press down to charge it and then press R and Up to get through. Fortunately, that is the only vertical shine spark puzzle in the whole game.

OK Ywkls, I got it. I didn't realize it was that simple. Just had to press down. LOL. tysm. Now to beat this game.

Edited by MermaidCim, 12 August 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#19 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

I apologize for double post, now im stuck here. I know I got the compressor thing or w/e the color icon is but i cant get through here :( HALP

zelda005.png

#20 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

That barrier is opened by either defeating the boss who guards the Spazer or getting the Spazer itself. (I forget which.)

I should probably make it a barrier that can be destroyed by hitting it with the right weapon instead. The boss in question can be accessed if you have the Screw Attack. Which requires the Space Jump and Phase Modulator. He's on the lower right side of the lower area, which can be accessed via an elevator from the central area.

Anyways, the boss is a giant spider. So if you haven't faced it yet, go do that.

• MermaidCim likes this

#21 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

That barrier is opened by either defeating the boss who guards the Spazer or getting the Spazer itself. (I forget which.)

I should probably make it a barrier that can be destroyed by hitting it with the right weapon instead. The boss in question can be accessed if you have the Screw Attack. Which requires the Space Jump and Phase Modulator. He's on the lower right side of the lower area, which can be accessed via an elevator from the central area.

Anyways, the boss is a giant spider. So if you haven't faced it yet, go do that.

zelda006.png

This is my current inventory. The lower area would be where the Infernus warp is right?

And I dont think i have the screw attack

Edited by MermaidCim, 12 August 2016 - 09:06 PM.

#22 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

zelda006.png

This is my current inventory. The lower area would be where the Infernus warp is right?

And I dont think i have the screw attack

No, you don't. I can tell since you have the plasma beam that you're playing a slightly older version.

There are some vines on the lower left side of the central area that can be burned with the Metroid's fire now that it has reached its final version. The screw attack is hidden there.

The path to the boss with the spazer starts at the Dominus warp (near Ridley) and up through some screw attack blocks to a new area you wouldn't have been to yet.

Come to think of it... you don't have the ice beam either.... and you got to the space jump? I didn't think that was possible. Not that I'm complaining, but I prefer to know how a sequence break of that sort is done.

• MermaidCim and Epsalon ZX like this

#23 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:19 PM

No, you don't. I can tell since you have the plasma beam that you're playing a slightly older version.

There are some vines on the lower left side of the central area that can be burned with the Metroid's fire now that it has reached its final version. The screw attack is hidden there.

The path to the boss with the spazer starts at the Dominus warp (near Ridley) and up through some screw attack blocks to a new area you wouldn't have been to yet.

Come to think of it... you don't have the ice beam either.... and you got to the space jump? I didn't think that was possible. Not that I'm complaining, but I prefer to know how a sequence break of that sort is done.

The simple answer is this

I stumbled randomly on the space jump. LOL

Ok I'll try the vines again.

I tried the vines on the lower left and used fire, but it wouldn't burn. I think I might have to get a different ZC 2.50 engine or something like it, or if it's a bug

Edited by MermaidCim, 12 August 2016 - 09:27 PM.

• ywkls likes this

#24 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Okay well I figured it out, and was able to beat the game. I got 88/100 items, now to find the last 12. Im good at hunting things so let's see how I do here.

(RED=Boss Room)
(GREEN=Save Room)

(YELLOW=Elevator)

#25 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Okay well I figured it out, and was able to beat the game. I got 88/100 items, now to find the last 12. Im good at hunting things so let's see how I do here.

(RED=Boss Room)
(GREEN=Save Room)

(YELLOW=Elevator)

That's right. The white icons are item locations. I should note that there are 3 hidden items not shown by the map, in areas which can be accessed via secret paths. One is in Uncertain Climb and the other is in Forbidden Grotto.

• MermaidCim likes this

#26 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

that one red lightning bolt block (screw attack im guessing) how do I make the jump to get that bomb? Im only missing 5 items and I think 2 of them are energy tanks, 1 is the bomb that's eluding me. The other 2 are a mystery. Hmm

Edited by MermaidCim, 13 August 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#27 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

that one red lightning bolt block (screw attack im guessing) how do I make the jump to get that bomb? Im only missing 7 items and I think 2 of them are energy tanks, I know Im missing a super missile (near the area where I get the screw attack) and that red barrier near Dominus. (i think I got that figured out)

The red lightning bolt is indeed screw attack blocks. That one power bomb in the ceiling is very tricky. Using the hyper grip might help a bit.

The super missile can be reached with the Phase Modulator, I think. I'm not sure what you mean about the red barrier near Dominus, unless that's where Ridley is. The ice beam is inside.

• MermaidCim likes this

#28 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

The red lightning bolt is indeed screw attack blocks. That one power bomb in the ceiling is very tricky. Using the hyper grip might help a bit.

The super missile can be reached with the Phase Modulator, I think. I'm not sure what you mean about the red barrier near Dominus, unless that's where Ridley is. The ice beam is inside.

I got it. I got all the missiles. I just need that power bomb and I think the last remaining item is another energy tank. Once I find those two, I can beat this game 100% (i have 15 energy tanks)

Edited by MermaidCim, 13 August 2016 - 07:49 PM.

• ywkls likes this

#29 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Yes, you are missing an energy tank. I've no real clue which one, however; since they're scattered all over the place.

Edit:

Here's a listing of all energy tank rooms.

Top Area

10:05
10:0E
10:27
10:44
10:49
10:61
10:7C

Central Area

2:05

2:1D
2:27
2:39

Bottom Area

6:05
6:0D
6:1A
6:3D
6:77

Edited by ywkls, 13 August 2016 - 08:09 PM.

• MermaidCim likes this

#30 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:01 PM

I went ahead and broke down and made some changes to the quest I've been meaning to make for a while, but I've been putting off due to how much script rewriting was necessary.

I'm not absolutely certain that this update will be compatible with existing saves. Proceed with caution.

Here are the latest changes.

Rewrote Phantoon script so that he's much easier to dodge.
Rewrote ice beam script to use actual lweapons.
It also covers the entire enemy and is translucent.
Fixed a tile error in an elevator room.
Fixed a sequence break where you can get the space jump without the ice beam.
Changed requirement for getting the Metroid: Fire to the charge beam.
Changed room with cracked blocks normally opened by beating the boss who guards the Spazer beam.
Now, you must hit them with the Spazer Beam to advance.

• MermaidCim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users