How was 2016 for you guys?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

2016, for a lot of people, was filled with a lot of missed feelings.  With the loss of many great musicians and celebrities, for example, a lot of mixed feelings were had.

We lost: 

Spoiler

We lost a lot of known actors, celebrities, musicians, and other people of note this year.  However, a lot of people had good experiences in 2016.  I know a lot happened to me this year.

To sum it all up: I got to go to my favorite anime convention dressed up as Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.  I graduated college as an Emergency Medical Technician.  I met the president of the Pokemon Company, Tsunekaze Ishihara and went to the Pokemon Worlds Championship.  I met Veronica Taylor, the voice of Ash Ketchum back in the original series.  I finished making my fan-game, Pokemon Pyrite.  I completed another cover album on my Youtube channel, which hit 2.5 million views, and is getting close to 1400 subscribers.

EDIT: Oh, I also forgot that my family won a court case involving custody of my half-sister.

So, what happened to you guys on PureZC this year?  Anything memorable happen to you or someone you know this year?  Are you just waiting for 2017 to start and make it seem better than the year before it?

Edited by thepsynergist, 31 December 2016 - 12:33 AM.

• Anthus and LinkFan212 like this

#2 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

I can't complain too much. I've done a lot of self-improvement, largely solved an anxiety problem that's been plaguing me for years, lost a bunch of weight, took some substantial steps toward getting a job that I love, learned a lot  ... I've overcome several trying challenges together with someone I love a whole lot and had a whole lot of fun with them, and feel a lot better about myself and my identity through all of this.

Then there were the outside factors I couldn't control, some of which were incredibly upsetting. I won't go into specifics on this one, but ... The year wasn't without it's stressful points, too.

There were some rough spots in the year, but on the whole it's been a year of a lot of progress for me, and I'm looking forward to the future with excitement and anticipation.

• thepsynergist and Naru like this

#3 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Overall, this was a good year for me, but also a bad one. On one end, I've become such a better person socially and mentally, however, I've become a much bigger slouch than I was before.

I've proven to myself that I can have an influence on the world. In some communities I'm in, I've been able to help my friends with many things. The thing that I can think of off the top of my head is when a few months back (About August), my friend needed my help confessing to a girl he liked. It's now December, and they're an extremely happy couple, thanks to my help. To put it simply, I know for a fact that what I want to do in my life is help people, but how to help people is the thing that has me stumped. I want to be a game designer, however, I've been reaching that goal at a snail's pace. I have a huge creative block recently, and my motivation for things like Zelda Classic seem to have completely faded.

All in all, it's going to be a struggle getting things back on track, but I feel like things will ultimately work out in the end.

• thepsynergist and Aevin like this

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

2016 for me has been the most cringiest year in my life as far as politics and just the general behavior of society goes these days. This is something I of course won't go into detail due to the rules of the site. But ya, this year was filled with lots of moments and things said that I just couldn't help but shake my head to.

As for everything else. This year hasn't been to bad. I got into pc gaming and played a ton of games I love. I made progress on my quest. I've got to spend time with family and friends, and my son started kindergarten. I can't really complain one bit. 

• Naru likes this

#5 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

here the report :

Jan : eveything was nice and quiet

Feb : one day I woke up and found the cat dead, according to the vet he died in his sleep due a  heart failure (it was very elderly)

Mar-Apr : usual life.

May-Jun : i risked to lose the job due reduction of staff, 7 of my friends was fired,

Jul :because of layoffs, other colleagues decided to search for another job and the staff shrank again, therefore my peak of work has increased and I have been stressed for weeks, got gastritis.

Aug : vacations and they was nice !

between sep and oct, i don't remembe well, i was assault by a sort of young desperate housewife, but it was funny after all

Oct-Nov : health problems so I spent days among medical analysis, RIM and similar exams

beginning of Dec : a tragic event..someone i knew when i was a small child died, he was a boy that once lived next me, it was totally unexpected due his young age

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 25 December 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

No Zelda, year was objectively shit.

• thepsynergist, Daniel, Anthus and 8 others like this

#7 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Now reading about everything above, a lot of people had a very eventful year. From the famous deaths, memes (harambe), and even the US election crap, it's been eventful. A lot of negatives, but hopefully for most, more positive.

On my side of things, I posted on what most of my year looked like when I talked about where I've been. But to sum it up, the 3 biggest things that happened for me are:

-An amazing girlfriend (Now ex-, but the relationship did a lot of great things to me)

-Became one of the fastest runners in my state

-Learned a lot about myself as a person and who Christ is, which made more maturing in my life happen

This year is ending in trash honestly. I haven't been in a 100% happy mood sense state cross country at the beginning of November, I'm just trying to get through everything now.

Glad to see others had an eventful, and hopefully fun year! I hope 2017 is more positively eventful! :)

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:29 AM

It's been completely mixed for me, a roller coaster if you will. I'd say last year was a better year for me personally but this year had plenty of good too. Breath of the Wild coverage was better this year and has renewed my excitement for it. Two games stuck in development hell finally came out this year and were worth the wait. Met another person that means the world to me. And most importantly I grew as a person and dropped/in the process of dropping a lot of bad habits of mine and things that have weighed me down in general physically, mentally and emotionally.

Hoping 2017 is a good/better year for myself and others. 2016 was a solid year for me otherwise, not the worst but not the best either.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#9 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

2015 was really horrible, but 2016 has been, by far, the worst year of my life :(

2014 was the best year ever I wanna go back

Edited by Cukeman, 26 December 2016 - 01:31 AM.

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:58 AM

2016 has kinda been a mixed year for me. In some ways it was pretty good, but in others it kinda destroyed some hopes for the future ahead. Starting with the positives, I've definitely improved with my confidence on dealing with personal situations, mostly with speaking out for others and myself and trying to end petty drama in other places not related to PZC. I also managed to learn a lot more about my disability throughout the year and how it can affect me in the future, so I've learnt how to control myself in certain situations, why I do things that other people may find "weird", and several more things. So yeah, it's been pretty good for me in those aspects, and has definitely made me realise a lot of things I've never noticed before about myself and other people around me.

As for the huge negative of the year, I ended up barely passing my first year Advanced Level exams with B, D and E as my grades. I was originally hoping to apply for universities that do Astrophysics (since that's what I hope to get into), but sadly my predicted grades for next year are too low to meet the requirements. Therefore, I had to apply for Applied Physics instead (I can still study astrophysics later down the line with this degree, so I guess that's good). I could always find universities outside of London with low offers for Astrophysics, but I don't think I would cope with being so far away from family right now.

But yeah, I'm hoping 2017 will go better in terms of college and universities, but I think 2016 went pretty well compared to previous years.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#11 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

I was able to fulfill some of my resolutions this year.

I've started to implement healthier foods into my diet (could still do much better, but I'll save further improvement for next year).

I found the right period of time to practice my driving, leading to me finally acquiring my G2 license.

Got a good deal of world building done in my manuscript (Wanted to get it done entirely, but you know how these things work).

Got a PS4. 

Overall, I'd say its been a fairly productive year on my part, even if it leaves a lot of room for improvement.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

2016 started off strong: I got away from a state where my life was stagnating, and things drastically improved as I was living with new friends and my girlfriend, in a new, refreshing environment in the mountains.  I was a lot happier overall.  I started on HRT in August and we moved into a really nice apartment, I got the cutest cat in the world in September...

But of course, 2016 has also been truly awful.  The passing of people like David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Prince, Carrie Fisher... we lost a lot of great people this year.  There's the issue of water in Flint, Michigan, and the horrible crimes against Native Americans in North Dakota.  And, well, you know.  There's an absolute sense of dread for when next year hits, considering some things that occurred this year.  2017 will undoubtedly be much, much worse for a lot of people.  It's certainly not going to be magically better just because an arbitrary number changed.

• nicklegends likes this

#13 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:53 AM

It was all right, except the year was getting slowly worse starting some time in July or August. I feel my physical health is getting worse with no idea whatsoever why.

I'm hoping 2017 will be better but I can't tell if it will be or not because I can't see through a crystal ball.

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Highlights are, I got a car in August, I'm keeping a job for close to a year, and I recently started recording LPs.

Family stuff was kind of shitty, and Bowie dying sucked a lot for me. Overall, 2016 could have been better for me, but I tend to be negative a lot sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, you forgot Merle Haggard on your list of people who died :P

#15 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

Personally it's been a rocky year, and the political and social climate hasn't helped either, the Christmas dinner table was awkward this time around.

Big changes are happening in my life in 2017 and I'm already working on building up my health and self confidence.

Wishing everyone well for the new year.
  • Eddy and Dark Ice Dragon like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users