Photo

A blast from the past (kid who attempted to troll this website)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

I remember you, a little bit. Welcome back. :)

And... yeah, we all (maybe?) have dark, trolly pasts. I was a HUGE asshole in like 2005, and got banned for like 3 years, than stopped being a complete shit head (I think?) so here we are. I never threatened to hack (here) but I DID threaten to run someone over with a car. Which I did not own. Go angry, 15-year-old me. :D

Nah, but seriously, it does feel good to look back and acknowledge that you may have done dumb stuff, and come to terms with it. We're not perfect, and as the generation that pretty much grew up with the internet, we all have dabbled in the self-perceived power that comes with the anonymity of it, I'm sure.

• Daniel and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#17 LinkFan64_Reformed

LinkFan64_Reformed

Game Developer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

but I DID threaten to run someone over with a car. 

You may already be my favorite person on this website. 10x funnier than threatening I would drain everyone's bank accounts and turn off their computers LUL.  As many have said here, just being younger (a young teen mainly), probably isn't a good idea to be around forums with adults because there's a level of maturity as a standard you cannot match.

#18 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

I remember you! I'm pretty sure I was the person who you talked to, or at least one of them. The part about someone telling you to stay away for a while sounds awfully familliar. If it was me, then it probably happened in the IRC chat, at least. There's another guy here who goes by Russ so I imagine you may have talked to him too if you recall that name. I think I would have gone by Migokalle back then, though I've had a few different nicks as well so I'm not sure at this point.

Don't worry about the past, I doubt many people remember anything specific, trust me there's more than enough stuff going on here in terms of drama so a lot of it gets lost in the noise after a while. Cool to see you're back!

#19 LinkFan64_Reformed

LinkFan64_Reformed

Game Developer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

I remember you! I'm pretty sure I was the person who you talked to, or at least one of them. The part about someone telling you to stay away for a while sounds awfully familliar. If it was me, then it probably happened in the IRC chat, at least. There's another guy here who goes by Russ so I imagine you may have talked to him too if you recall that name. I think I would have gone by Migokalle back then, though I've had a few different nicks as well so I'm not sure at this point.

Don't worry about the past, I doubt many people remember anything specific, trust me there's more than enough stuff going on here in terms of drama so a lot of it gets lost in the noise after a while. Cool to see you're back!

Holy shit it's you! Migokalle and Robin both sound so awfully familiar. I think I spoke to Russ but not in the conversation you've referenced. I remember so much talking with you: I remember I was a kid and you talked about marijuana and I was like DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS ARE BAD!!, kind of funny how now I smoke pot. You told me about 4chan, saying that you knew hackers on there (idk about that btards hehe xd) but yeah, I remember you telling me a lot of stuff. I also had a website I hosted and I came back known as the "Riddler" (1 batman film and now I thought I was a riddle genius and could troll PureZC once again!!) and I sent you the website I had hosted with clues in it trying to find out who I really am (pretty sure you knew from the start) but yet you still easily figured out the riddle and knew it was me eitherway. Everything was also in IRC. I can't even remember what I originally got banned for on this website lol. Anyways I would love to have a chat with you!

#20 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

Hehe, I think you probably must have talked to others as well, because I've never been to 4chan and I can't say I've ever known any hackers - or if I do then I don't know that they are. :P Or if that really was me, then I must have made it up. Sorry about that, haha. The marijuana parts definitively sounds like me though. I may have been a little too enthusiastic about that stuff back when I 'discovered' it, heh.

But sure, hop into the chat sometime, I'm still fairly active in there.

Edited by Robin, 21 December 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#21 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

Way back when (around 2003-04), I was around as Nintendoodle_man.  I don't remember ever posting my quests, but I did make a couple, one called Elec's Journey, that was one dungeon that I did for Physical Science class, because my teacher didn't think I could make a video game in a week for extra credit.  I remember LinkFan64, way back when, a little bit, but not much.  A lot can happen in 13 years.

#22 LinkFan64_Reformed

LinkFan64_Reformed

Game Developer

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

Way back when (around 2003-04), I was around as Nintendoodle_man.  I don't remember ever posting my quests, but I did make a couple, one called Elec's Journey, that was one dungeon that I did for Physical Science class, because my teacher didn't think I could make a video game in a week for extra credit.  I remember LinkFan64, way back when, a little bit, but not much.  A lot can happen in 13 years.

I definitely was not here around that time. 13 years ago I would've been 6 :P 

#23 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:25 PM

I remember you, a little bit. Welcome back. :)

And... yeah, we all (maybe?) have dark, trolly pasts. I was a HUGE asshole in like 2005, and got banned for like 3 years, than stopped being a complete shit head (I think?) so here we are. I never threatened to hack (here) but I DID threaten to run someone over with a car. Which I did not own. Go angry, 15-year-old me. :D

Nah, but seriously, it does feel good to look back and acknowledge that you may have done dumb stuff, and come to terms with it. We're not perfect, and as the generation that pretty much grew up with the internet, we all have dabbled in the self-perceived power that comes with the anonymity of it, I'm sure.

This.

A good number of us older members used to be pretty big e-thugs back in the day and caused lots of e-drama. Naturally we all grew out of it as we got older and the staff is rather forgiving on events from years ago. I can personally testify that Anthus was a huge dick in the early years as was I in return, back when religion and politics were open to discussion things got very heated when our teenage egos came into play. And back when our chat server was on Initialized many of us less pleasant members were on a channel called #snoball and later #Suburbia, we caused massive drama on IRC that flowed onto the forums resulting in several members being banned, and a few who registered our trolling accounts through proxies *cough* to get away with our shenanigans. 

The community has matured a lot and you'll find people here don't hold e-grudges from past behavior. I certainly don't have any hard feelings for past internet enemies such as Anthus. And I still find my past behavior rather embarrassing.

Edit: Just realized I still had an Adolf Hitler quote in my sig  from years ago..... 

Edited by Daniel, 24 December 2016 - 08:30 PM.

• Anthus and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#24 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

I thought you'd been here all along

#25 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

I thought you'd been here all along

No, you're probably thinking of another LinkFan. I've counted 2 LinkFans so far.

Anyways, I'm not much for greetings, so hello?

#26 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

There's another guy here who goes by Russ so I imagine you may have talked to him too if you recall that name.

Sounds like a different Russ. Unless he's very, very good at hiding it, this one is male in real life.

#27 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

Sounds like a different Russ. Unless he's very, very good at hiding it, this one is male in real life.

Could be mixing him up with Robin back when he was playing the "Haha, I'm actually a girl" trick on people.

#28 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

Could be mixing him up with Robin back when he was playing the "Haha, I'm actually a girl" trick on people.

That was like... a week. It's possible, I suppose, but yeah. :P

#29 LinkFan64_Reformed

LinkFan64_Reformed

Game Developer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

That was like... a week. It's possible, I suppose, but yeah. :P

Yes, it was you Robin. I 100% remember :P

#30 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:43 PM

What I want to know is, who hasn't pretended to be a girl at one point or another? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users