Dance of Remembrance and Master Quest demos

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

Here's an easy reference for anyone who wants to find any of the demos I've released. I'll add pictures a little later. For now, you can find pictures by looking through the Blue Crescent Quests hosted forum archives for old topics.

LoZ: Master Quest Demo

Download here!
UPDATE: The full version Master Quest is available in the PureZC database! Since the demo was exactly like the start of the finished quest except that it was incomplete (not to mention incompatible), you should go download the full quest instead.

Dance of Remembrance

Demo #1 -
A "walking" demo where you can explore an early but complete version of Hyrule field, to give you an idea of how Dance of Remembrance will relate to and interpret Ocarina of Time.
Download here!

Demo #2 -
This demo is the "big one:" a fully-playable demonstration of everything you'll see in Dance of Remembrance, up until the end of level 1. It includes dialog, cut scenes, custom and original graphics, and a pleasantly large (but not difficult) first dungeon which uses advanced dungeon design techniques. Also ends with a challenging custom boss!
See DoR's exhibition at the ZC Fall Expo, and
Download here!

NOTE: Don't try to use the download URL on the expo page; it's outdated. The download URLs above should both work.

#2 Guest_freezelda (Guest)

Guest_freezelda (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:35 PM

Thank's for the demo

#3 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

Garr... It keeps saying cant be found ><

#4 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

Same here. He probably removed it. Who knows? Probably 'cause it was the fall expo. That sems to happen alot. People only have demo's for the expo, then deleat them after it is over.

Edited by skipper, 06 January 2006 - 09:19 PM.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:08 AM

Actually, it seems that my web server has gone through some changes, and doesn't like serving QST files anymore. Directory viewing has also been disabled for whatever reason. I get webspace through a multi-webmaster site-sharing arrangement, so my friend who is in charge of the site probably switched us over to another webhost.

Fortunately, zipping up the QST files and posting them as zip files seems to work fine. Try the updated links above; they should work now. icon_smile.gif

#6 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:53 PM

The Demo #1 link is outdated. It says the domain has expired on 3/04/06 0_o. Do you think you can fix it Radien? I want to see how it relates to OoT icon_smile.gif

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

Could you try it again? It worked when I clicked on the link just now.

#8 Shishi

Shishi

• Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

I've tried it once or twice, but my computer likes being a buttmunch. I can download your files, Raiden, but I cant do anything else..

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

From what you've said, it's just a problem getting the program up and running. ZC is kinda cryptic when you first start off, but once you have all the files and know how to get a game started up, it's pretty simple. If you still aren't sure what to do, please PM or email me.

#10 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:04 PM

Awsome! Thanks a lot for the demo Radien. I didn't notice this thread before. I'm downloading the demo of Dance for Remembrance right now and I'll play it later tonight.

#11 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Radien! The demo is awesome! The cutscenes and the custom boss are fantastic! You should be hired by Nintendo or something. PM me if you need a beta tester for the full version of your quest, ok? icon_wink.gif

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrator

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Now that I see this, I can honestly say

OMG

Now, that is to say, I honestly believe you have more than the potential to surpass HoD. The first dungeon is really impressive, and the custom boss is insane, as well. I noticed something too. TP copied off you. When you unlock a door, the lock falls to the ground and the door opens, in DoR. This was a long time before TP. icon_razz.gif

Also, your Hyrule Field is really impressive. I've heard you say somewhere that people think it should be more filled up, but I think it's a perfect representation of OoT's Hyrule Field, and, since this is essentially a sequel to OoT and thus is meant to relate to it, I'd say that the Hyrule Field here is spot on perfect. icon_wink.gif

Though, if I may suggest something: in the Demo #2, everytime you died, you restarted at Serenia's house and had to go all the way back to the forest, having to view that dumb dialog everytime you enter the forest. (That's not to say that the dialog is dumb. It just gets that way when you have to see it several times. icon_sweat.gif ) Instead, you should've restarted at the temple.

Other than that, this demo is perfect! icon_biggrin.gif

#13 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 4 2007, 12:07 PM) View Post
Though, if I may suggest something: in the Demo #2, everytime you died, you restarted at Serenia's house and had to go all the way back to the forest, having to view that dumb dialog everytime you enter the forest. (That's not to say that the dialog is dumb. It just gets that way when you have to see it several times. icon_sweat.gif ) Instead, you should've restarted at the temple.
It's been a while since I played that demo, but I'm sure I died at least once, and I don't remember that ever happening. Are you using ZC 2.10 or higher? Continue bugs tend to show up a lot when you use a different version than the quest was made for, and the DoR demo was made for 1.92b183.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrator

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

... Yes. icon_heh.gif

Apparently so. Ah well. I don't know why it would matter, though.

Regardless, it's still an awesome demo. icon_smile.gif

#15 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

Pretty sweet, Radien. DoR has the potential to become one of the greatest quests ever, and now that I've seen screenshots of the updated DoR tileset, I can see that this quest will not only have good gameplay, but good graphics to boot. Pure insanity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users