QPF Openings, Episode #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well, the day has finally come. It has been a long time since we have accepted new members into our Quest Project Forums area. This topic will be used for groups who wish to join to present their group project (which will be the Featured Project of their new forum). Please see this topic for rules for applying to these forums, as well as what to be aware of once groups are awarded one. Failure to follow them will lead to disqualification. One week will be given to present your featured project, unless later on we decide to extend it. Staff will decide privately who is given a forum. There will be at most four new forums, but there could be less than that, depending on the circumstances we see from the presentations. Posts should be reserved for those interested in obtaining a QPF, thus presentations, and questions if anybody has them.

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

I forgot to enable replies, so no wonder nobody could post here. My apologies. If that was a problem regarding time to do this, I could extend this a few more days, perhaps to cover up to the end of next weekend.

#3 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Awakening
I would like to speak on behalf of my group, Zepinho, Shane, and myself. We would like to apply for a spot in the Quest Project Forums to showcase our GB projects. Our featured project is "Oracle of Awakening", which is a GB quest between Zepinho, Shane, and myself. Zepinho, Shane, and myself should be on the mod list for the Quest Project Forum. We plan to use the forum as a place to discuss and share our projects with ease as well as host any upcomming projects between us. We plan on also making a quest template for anyone to make pre-scripted gameboy quests which should proove very useful to the community. We would also like the ability to make hidden topics for us to safely discuss our plans for our projects without loading up the pm box to the full capacity. I understand that this is not a right, but a privilege and, therefore, we will be sure to put forth our best effort to complete any quests that are announced within the forum. We will not abuse the Quest Project Forum as we are aware that if we were to abuse it, then that would not be right as someone else could have used it and use it properly. Therefore, we will be sure to use it correctly and not abuse this privilege. I have talked with both of them and they are both very excited for this opportunity. It would be an honor for us to receive a spot in the Quest Project Forums. I hope you all give us a shot at this as it would be a great opportunity for us all.
Now, on to the good stuff, shall we?
Oracle of Awakening
http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=53257
The Magic Instruments
http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=53322
The Legacy of Light
(Screenshots Only, he hasn't made an announcement thread yet)
IPB Image

More on the featured project, Oracle of Awakening.

It takes place before the events of the two Oracle games, telling the story of the events preceding Link approaching the triforce and being called to the two places in the Oracle games. I am trying not to reveal too much information, but I will try to be as thorough as I can.

The quest will be script heavy and will feature a story that should captivate the player. Some scripted entities include mine carts, power bracelet, enemies wielding swords, ball and chain troopers, 2x2 minibosses, magic powder, potholes, npcs as well as readable signs, and owls to guide you. I will try to balance between combat-oriented and puzzle-oriented gameplay style. I want the player to think as well as focus on ways to elude traps and defeat foes effectively with the equipment available. I also want the player to have to use items in new ways that they never expected to.

I will try to include as many custom enemies as I can without hindering development or adding in things that are unnecessary. Each enemy will have their own defenses and weaknesses. For example, the Peahats have almost no defenses unless flying (which i'm planing to talk to Zepinho about) and some of the Peahats, when killed, split into smaller ones that swarm Link. Gibdos take half damage from the sword, but fire is an instant kill. (or a critical hit if facing one of the stronger ones)

It will take advantage of the many features of Zelda Classic 2.5 and should give that Gameboy euphoria quite nicely!

There will be an option to visit some islands in order to complete some side-quests and collect some hidden items. Maybe even a few bonus dungeons. icon_wink.gif This should give yet another unique feel to the game.

The music will be in gbs format so as to avoid midis and capture the gameboy feeling more firmly.

Thank you for your time,
~Sepulcher

Edited by Sepulcher, 06 February 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Just one entry so far? Hopefully there is more than just one and that we are busy and/or procrastinating rather than not existing. I know of at least one other group working together on something that is interested in having a QPF, but I have yet to hear from them. May the weekend have a better turnout.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm still debating on whether or not I should go for a QPF especially when my quest Golden Memories is reaching a point where there is going to be several different aspects to manage where I might need QPF features.

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Looks very good Sepulcher. Assuming you don't have an explosion of tough competition within the next 24 hours or so, I can almost assure you that you will have a forum.

So that is a reminder for anybody else working on a group project: I will be closing this Sunday night, so if you wish to apply, do so very soon.

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

As I promised, this opening is now closed. Looks like one winner with no competition. I'll open up another round in maybe a month or two, or sooner if I get at least two PM requests (different groups) expressing interest in another opportunity (doesn't have to be a whole showcase thing until I bring up such a topic in this forum). In the meantime, congratulations to Sepulcher, Shane, and Zepinho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users