76 replies to this topic

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

The Legend of Zelda: The Mystical Seed of Courage
by Christian and ZebraStallion

I reposted this thread because I had no control over the old one. Now I can make edits to this topic as much as I please.

.:Story:.

One day in Hyrule, a strange force drew Link deep within Hyrule castle, where he found the Triforce resting, glittering brilliantly as it awaited him.

"Link... Link... Accept the quest of the Triforce!"

Suddenly, Link was enveloped in a shaft of light, and the next moment, he vanished. When Link awoke, he found himself on the board of a ship he had never seen. Confused, he looked around blankly at the unfamiliar surroundings. He heard voices from within the ship. Link followed the conversation until he entered the inside of the ship. He was immediately struck by the beauty of a young woman who was talking to another woman in a red robe. When the girl noticed Link, she smiled brightly and called to him.

"Welcome on my ship, Link. I am Zelda, princess of Hyrule", she said. "A vision told me of your arrival. This is Impa, my nurse." The older woman looked with her maternal expression at Link. " Welcome, boy. We are on a trip to the island country Naveria. Zelda had a vision in which dark shades descended on the Oracle of Secrets, that keeps the legends and knows the mysterious ways of the sun and the moon. We will take her to Hyrule in order to save her from the shadows."

Suddenly, the sky went dark and there was a loud crash of thunder. The sea became stormy. At the horizon, one could see the black siuhette of a Pirate Ship. The unleashing of a powerful tidal wave blew Zelda's ship far away to be lost in vanquishing blue sea.

When Link awoke, he laid on the shore of a strange land. Zelda and Impa were gone. The sea sang it's calm song, as if it was never stormy.Will Link be able to find his friends? What was this Pirate Ship?

Such is the quest Link must undertake.

.:Features:.

Oracle of Secrets is the unofficial third part of the Oracle Series for the Gameboy Colour. This game will feel like a Nintendo Oracle Zelda! It takes place after OoS and OoA and will be a 'linked' adventure. That means that you can get ready for the showdown with Twinrova!

The country Naveria is one that is formed from islands. Make sure to take your Maku-Raft on your adventure to find the eight Essences of Mysteries!

Daytime got messed up! Fortunately, a book known as the book of secrets, also referred to as 'Farore's Memory' contains the spells to summon the sun and the moon. But where is Link supposed to find that book? Day and Night will feel different: different enemies, different NPC behavior, different paths (for example flowers that turn to stone by night, veins waiting for the sun to grow, mushrooms that are as solid as stone while the sun is shining). The Time of Day will be the great overworld puzzle in Oracle of Secrets.

.:Screenshots:.

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

.:Support:.

Want to support OoSec? Use this bar Rem made. Thanks Rem!

IPB Image

.:Credits:.
Christian - interior and cutscenes
ZebraStallion - overworld
Sheik - plot
Joe123 - tileset and scripts
_L_ - scripts
Gleeok - scripts
lord_jamitossi - MIDIs
octoroc - spriting
Alestance - night palette, villain sprites
Ricky of Kokiri - ripping some tiles
Moo2wo- beta testing
Alex-Link - beta testing
Russ - proof reading
Matt Bick - proof reading
Rem - suggesting to remake OoN and beta testing and userbars
Zephino - scripting
PureZC - being the greatest Zelda Classic forum out here
Nintendo - the Legend of Zelda
Capcom - the Oracle series

You belong here? PM me!

That's it pretty much. Now, suggest, comment, ask questions, criticize, what ever you think belongs here!

Edited by ZebraStallion, 06 June 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

I love the idea. Especially the part about it being an island country. Sounds great. But, if this is the linked game, wouldn't Link and Zelda already know each other? That's the only flaw I see. Otherwise, it's perfect!

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 25 2010, 12:22 AM) View Post

I love the idea. Especially the part about it being an island country. Sounds great. But, if this is the linked game, wouldn't Link and Zelda already know each other? That's the only flaw I see. Otherwise, it's perfect!

It's a linked game from the previous two. I don't think Link and Zelda knew each other though. I could be wrong though. haven't played the oracle games for the longest. Also Zeeb, Can you post the Screenshots?

Edited by Christian, 25 February 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#4 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

This sounds very interesting, a new spin on the old games it seems.

In the linked Oracle games, Link and Zelda knew each other. After level 3 in each game, you would do a short mini-dungeon to save Zelda in a linked game.

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

Well, here's an example of an old map I made. It's outdated now, because recently the quest file became corrupted and I had to use a backup. From there, I'm rebuilding most of it to look better.

Click here

Edited by ZebraStallion, 25 February 2010 - 12:24 AM.

#6 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

I like the map. It looks very identical to the Oracle games. icon_smile.gif

#7 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:49 AM

I'll send you the questfile so you can start importing the Forest and the Overworld. I already finished the titlescreen.

Edited by Christian, 25 February 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

Definatlely a good idea to repost that one, Zebra. I always felt kind of guilty for not beeing able to keep the first post as updated as you guys might have wanted to have it.

#9 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

I love island-themed quests. Usually I am not so fond of Z4/gameboy graphics but these screens looks quite good out of the ordinary. Keep the good work, and those tracks in the cave-screen remembers me of FFA. I hope it will be possible to ride a mine cart in a similar style even in a zelda-quest. icon_biggrin.gif

#10 Adem

Adem

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

Looks great, of course. icon_wink.gif Keep up the good work, guys!

#11 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Feb 25 2010, 12:18 PM) View Post

I love island-themed quests. Usually I am not so fond of Z4/gameboy graphics but these screens looks quite good out of the ordinary. Keep the good work, and those tracks in the cave-screen remembers me of FFA. I hope it will be possible to ride a mine cart in a similar style even in a zelda-quest. icon_biggrin.gif

Yes it will be possible. =)

QUOTE(Rem @ Feb 25 2010, 02:53 PM) View Post

Looks great, of course. icon_wink.gif Keep up the good work, guys!

Thanks Rem!

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the support guys. Christian and I really appreciate it. icon_wink.gif

#13 KenMeister

KenMeister

Letting out my Inner Kawaii Self :3

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

So how much have yall done so far?Yall never mentioned how much of the overworld or how many dungeons yall completed. icon_confused.gif

#14 Polaris

Polaris

Your member title is shown beside posts you make

• Forum Assistants

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

This is good as usually looks like a blast to play through! I got some questions:

- Does the Book automatically give you the power of sun and moon?
- Does the Dungeon use Smooth-Screen Scrolling like OoS and OoA?
- Are the Side-View Areas?
- Are there some items from OoA or OoS like the Rocs Cape for example?

#15 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Mar 10 2010, 01:32 AM) View Post

This is good as usually looks like a blast to play through! I got some questions:

- Does the Book automatically give you the power of sun and moon?
- Does the Dungeon use Smooth-Screen Scrolling like OoS and OoA?
- Are the Side-View Areas?
- Are there some items from OoA or OoS like the Rocs Cape for example?

We haven't actually decided upon most of these. I'll give you the best answers I can though:

- Pretty much. It's up to Christian if he wants to make changes to the scripts, which isn't really necessary at the moment.
- You mean like LTTP scrolling? No.
- There will most likely be a few side-scrolling areas.
- I'm not sure yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users