• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

EDIT: NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER! WOOO icon_biggrin.gif

I'm finally announcing something that I've been holding a secret for a while... it's a ressurection of the very first quest I ever made! It was never finished, and while this new version bears the same name, it'll still be a lot different than the original idea.

WATCH THE TEASER TRAILER!
Watch in HD! And turn down the sound a little... the midi to MP3 conversion didn't go as perfect as planned.

I don't think I really have to tell you that this teaser trailer is heavily inspired by the fantastic quest, Lost Isle by DarkFlameWolf and Peteo, because it's rather obvious.

And believe it or not, but that's all I'm going to say about it for now. Feel free to speculate what this might actually be. And no, I will not say what tileset it's using either... but feel free to discuss.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

Looks good so far Robin, and from what you've told me this is gonna be cool =)

#3 Twilight_Knight

Twilight_Knight

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

Good titlescreen and fitting music to an eerie and mysterious quest.

I assume this will be about an isle. icon_razz.gif And maybe you will use Pure, even more inspired by the fantastic work of DFW and Peteo.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

Do you realize every project you announce you give very little information about? I'm starting to get really angry at you.

Well, the title screen looks good, but I can't really comment on anything else. icon_razz.gif So I'm assuming the game takes place on an island.

#5 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 27 2010, 05:04 PM) View Post
Do you realize every project you announce you give very little information about? I'm starting to get really angry at you.

Well, the title screen looks good, but I can't really comment on anything else. icon_razz.gif So I'm assuming the game takes place on an island.
Haha! Well, it takes place on an island, but not in the same way such as Lost Isle, if you want a comparison. The game is very much inspired by it, but that's only the feel of the quest. I'll be revealing more one I've got it, but don't expect a demo. This game won't be much longer than Minish Cap, so a demo would ruin a lot of the game.

#6 Twilight_Knight

Twilight_Knight

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

Was the Minish Cap short?

#7 Jaghnus

Jaghnus

God, Guns, Guitars, and Trucks.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

Yea. Disappointingly so.

Looks nice, but I wanted to see some action there, bro.

Edited by Fausch, 27 January 2010 - 12:53 PM.

#8 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Fausch @ Jan 27 2010, 07:53 PM) View Post
Yea. Disappointingly so.

Looks nice, but I wanted to see some action there, bro.
Yeah, but I want you to speculate a little before I release any more information. Twilight_Knight has got the right idea icon_wink.gif Don't worry though, I'll have some more information and screens pretty soon. icon_smile.gif Hopefully.

#9 Polaris

Polaris

• Forum Assistants

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

The Title Screen Background was outstanding but... Is the green patch of the island forest? I also like how you did the reflection of
the stars and the moon in the water very outstanding! ~ Midnight_King

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

Seems like a dark and eerie type quest. I'm guessing that this is going to be about a mission to defeat Ganon at his lair or something, one and for all. Or some type of evil. icon_razz.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing more on this. icon_smile.gif

#11 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Blaman @ Jan 28 2010, 01:50 AM) View Post
Seems like a dark and eerie type quest. I'm guessing that this is going to be about a mission to defeat Ganon at his lair or something, one and for all. Or some type of evil. icon_razz.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing more on this. icon_smile.gif
Yes, it's a very dark quest... but I can't express with words how wrong you are when it comes to the plot. As I've said, I don't want to reveal it right now, but I can promise you that you have never seen a plot quite like this in ZC icon_wink.gif

Oh, and it doesn't take place in Hyrule, but I may have already said that icon_razz.gif Anyone care to try and figure out what Salow Cut is, or means?

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Well, I'm just shooting what I think it may be on the spot. icon_razz.gif I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you've got behind the scenes. icon_wink.gif

#13 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Blaman @ Jan 28 2010, 02:14 AM) View Post
Well, I'm just shooting what I think it may be on the spot. icon_razz.gif I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you've got behind the scenes. icon_wink.gif
Hehe.

Well, to give you all a little hint... this will take you deep inside someones mind. Have fun figuring out what the heck that's supposed to mean icon_razz.gif

#14 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

Reap Your Rewards

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Salow Cut sounds like a blade-type weapon...though I'm probably wrong. So. I'm guessing either Vaati's or Shadow Link's minds.

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

I'm actually going to take a guess at it being a quest within his own head. Like, something in his mind is causing trouble, so he has to work some way of ridding of this trouble. And maybe the island is a representation of his ideal world, but this...thing...inside his head is messing everything up to stop Link from stopping him or something...I dunno, I'm just shooting crap again. icon_razz.gif

As for the Salow Cut, while a blade does sound logical, I'll take a wild guess and say maybe it's more of an injury that Link receives and needs to be cured. (Probably the reason why what I said above would have happened.)

Yeah, I'm probably far off with these crazy ideas. But I'm just speculating and guessing. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users