MegaMan 7

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hello everyone...I want to thank you all for not removing me from Crimoson Quest, despite my resquest. Anyways, just because I don't have internet connection at home doesn't mean I'm not working on the Zelda Editor. In fact, without the internet, I have so much more time to work on my quest, I've decided to start a new with the most recent ZC Editor.
I've decided to put EoV away for awile and am now working on a new quest, "Mega Man 7" for the NES...Yay me! I've unpinned the EoV topics and am now pinning this one.
So far, I've got the boss select screen completed and am now working on the bosses themselves:
CyroWoman, PyroWoman, HydroWoman, LithoMan, AeroMan, SurgeMan, BioMan, & EtherMan...And the dreaded special bosses: Cat Mastar, Auraman, and Hyperion.
Unlike ZC MegaMan games, this one will play like a cross between the NES and SNES series. Thanks to the new addition of having four tile warps per screen, the boss selection (multi)screen was a piece of cake.
Anyways, I'm looking for some beta testers, script programmers, graphic artists, and midi composers.
So far, I've managed to get all the items and weapons I've needed.
As soon as I get a CD and my Criblox server is back up, I'll send screen shots and templates for those interested in assisting me in MegaMan 7.
-Credits-
Also, many thanks to Petoe and his Megaman Dr. Wily's Revenge quest for his Megaman sprite has proved to be extemely valuable. I tried to create and rip megaman and have failed miserably. Thanks a lot Petoe...I hope you don't mind me borrowing your MegaMan...I'll definitely put you in the credits.
So far, here is the Beta Team:
1.) Rose
2.) Mikey035
3.) Daiv
4.) LoveForFire
5.) Shadowtiger
6.) Ninelives
7.)---
8.)---
9.) RexlaNinetales
0.)---
Please let me know if you want to help out. If I don't respond right away, please forgive me for I don't have an internet connection at home and having to rely on the computers at the library.
If it helps, here is the library's open hours so you might know when to expect me online:
Monday: 10AM to 6PM ::: Tues - Thurs: 10AM to 9PM ::: Fri & Sat: 9AM to 5 PM ::: Sunday: Closed
***Library hours are Eastern Time Zone***
---

Edited by rexlaninetales, 29 November 2006 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:09 PM

What time zones are the library hours?

Also, I can't wait to see this. I'm not all to interested in Megaman, but I'd like to see how this turns out.

And good luck to using Beta 14 though, it's known as Bug City roun' these parts.

#3 Jaghnus

Jaghnus

God, Guns, Guitars, and Trucks.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:33 PM

I'll beta test for you.
Yea. Good to see you back.

#4 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

I'll test for you too if you'd like.

What weapons are you going to be using as the robot master prizes?

EDIT: I find it funny that your looking for midi composers, when you are one of the most talented midi composers here.

Edited by Love For Fire, 27 November 2006 - 04:02 PM.

#5 Radien

Radien

Blip! Blip! Blip!!!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hmmm. You are aware that there's a Megaman 7 on Super Nintendo, right? As well as Megaman 8 on Playstation? Did you dislike 7 and want to "remake" it, in a sense?

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

ยท

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

Oh, man, I would love nothing more than to test for you, Rob. icon_smile.gif Best wishes. ^^.

#7 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

squidkidsquidkid

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Nov 27 2006, 06:47 PM) View Post

Hmmm. You are aware that there's a Megaman 7 on Super Nintendo, right? As well as Megaman 8 on Playstation? Did you dislike 7 and want to "remake" it, in a sense?

Darn, I was going to say that icon_frown.gif

Also, you know that Petoe has those graphics in the tileset database, right?

P. S. Welcome back icon_smile.gif

#8 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'll help beta testing, and find bugs straight away if I find some...

I'm a fan of your quests, so I think you will do great on this one!
I got tons a free time, so count on me!

#9 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:28 PM

I know Radien said it but shouldn't this be called Megaman 9 seeing how Megaman 7 and 8 both came out a very long time ago and that this seems completely different than MM7?

#10 King Aquamentus

King Aquamentus

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

Or, considering the more original names for some of the robot masters, perhaps it should be called Megaman 6. As in Gameboy.

Edited by Old-skool, 27 November 2006 - 09:13 PM.

#11 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Nov 27 2006, 10:12 PM) View Post

Or, considering the more original names for some of the robot masters, perhaps it should be called Megaman 6. As in Gameboy.

I kind of agree with Old-Skool. No offense but some of those names sound kind of simply odd. By some I mean CyroWoman, PyroWoman, LithoMan, Cat Mastar, Auraman, and Hyperion.

#12 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

squidkidsquidkid

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:00 PM

I believe that Rockman & Forte was Megaman 9 icon_wink.gif

Edited by Moonwhisper, 28 November 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#13 King Aquamentus

King Aquamentus

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

Actually Moonwhisper, Megaman's creator was interviewed and says he has yet to create Megaman 9.

#14 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:54 AM

Hey I'd love to see another MegaMan quest released some day! Metroid quests seem to be popular these days (everybody's making one for crying out loud) so why can't MegaMan be. icon_wink.gif

And I have nothing against you using my MMDWR tiles, Rexa. If the tiles can be found from the database, then it means everyone can use them freely.

Good luck. If this is a serious project and it starts progressing nicely, I'd be willing to help testing.

#15 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:06 PM

*sweat drops* Whew...Lots to respond to...where to start? Here we go:

Limzo:
What time zones are the library hours?

Also, I can't wait to see this. I'm not all to interested in Megaman, but I'd like to see how this turns out.

And good luck to using Beta 14 though, it's known as Bug City roun' these parts.

Ooops, me forget about time zones. My time zone is Eastern time...I edited my post in case someone else had the same question. As for the bugs...You're not kidding...sometimes the system crashes when I scroll too fast.

Daiv:
I'll beta test for you.
Yea. Good to see you back.

Thanks Daiv...Great to be back.

LoveForFire:
I'll test for you too if you'd like.

What weapons are you going to be using as the robot master prizes?

Thanks for testing. So far, I've decided that all of the level 1 items will be found from all of the MegaMan items and weapons acquired from bosses or their stage (Ring shot = level 1 boomerang, Shadow star = level 2 boomerang, Potions = energy tanks (duh!), Hook shot = Wire shot from diveman stage on MM4, step ladder = balloon from MM4 Pharoah Man's stage, And many others. The final level of each weapon will be my own creation...Many may come straight from my EoV quest.
anyways...Please everyone...I could use some suggestions. Many thanks to Petoe for his MegaMan quest got me started.

EDIT: I find it funny that your looking for midi composers, when you are one of the most talented midi composers here.

Heehee! Thanks. With Espilan's permission, I'd like to use his Combat chambers theme for some of the boss battle music. That song is SWEET!

Radien:

Yes, I did know that MM7 was on the SNES...But what about the NES? There's actually two of each MegaMan1, 2, 3, 4, 5 games...One on the NES and the other on Gameboy...Yet MegaMan 1 on gameboy and MegaMan1 on NES are nothing like each other.
So...I'm continueing the NES trend...And yes...I liked MegaMan7...It had some of the best music of all the megaman games.

Shadowtiger:
Oh, man, I would love nothing more than to test for you, Rob. Best wishes. ^^.

Thankies...*bows forth and flattens my ears, giggling softly.*

Moonwhisper:
Also, you know that Petoe has those graphics in the tileset database, right?
P. S. Welcome back

I do now...Thanks Moonwhisper...And yes, I'm back....For awhile...Until my CPU time expires here at the library.

Ninelives:
I'll help beta testing, and find bugs straight away if I find some...

I'm a fan of your quests, so I think you will do great on this one!
I got tons a free time, so count on me!

thanks Ninelives...I still am greatful for my cameo appearance...How is that quest going anyhow?

deathbringer:
I know Radien said it but shouldn't this be called Megaman 9 seeing how Megaman 7 and 8 both came out a very long time ago and that this seems completely different than MM7?

It is completely different than MM7.

Petoe:
Hey I'd love to see another MegaMan quest released some day! Metroid quests seem to be popular these days (everybody's making one for crying out loud) so why can't MegaMan be.

That makes two of us buddy~Though I still love Metroid.

And I have nothing against you using my MMDWR tiles, Rexa. If the tiles can be found from the database, then it means everyone can use them freely.

thanks a lot...your tiles will come in handy...BIG TIME.

Good luck. If this is a serious project and it starts progressing nicely, I'd be willing to help testing.

Tyhanks in advance...I gtg...My time has expired...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users