Progress on my games

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Instead of making mutiple threads of updates on my games, I will update the progress of my games here in this thread, as well as time to time screenshots. Anyways, here is the first update:

5/19/06 -- School is out, and now I am finished moving, so that means I will have a lot of time to make my games. The Dark Shadow is probably the most wanted game, so I will update what I have been doing with this game. I have been working on the pallete for the longest time. With the new 256 colors per tile, I am actually making all of the tiles in my game with this in mind. I am in the process of adding so many shades of colors and such, and it is just looking beautiful. I have been adding graphics from Minish Cap as well as other games to the tileset of TDS. I actually won't show any screenshots of this game until the Fall Expo, due to fear of people ripping the screenshots. However, I will tell you that it does like great and I will release the tileset.

The game itself isn't in the making yet. The reason is the reason I had been saying along. I am awaiting the final release of 2.11. I don't want any bugs or any additions to 2.11 to pull TDS down. I really do what this game to be a masterpiece.

My other game, the Group Project, The Eye of the Moon. This game is starting back up after the break I had after HoD. I am in the process of writing all of the details in my notebook and presenting them to my group members. So far, the layout is coming along very well and the story is great. It fits in and explains a lot about the storyline of my other games, "The Dark Shadow" and "The Hero of Dreams". I have the structure of the city and the field around it made. However, I need the other plans finished before I make add the detail to the screens.

Also, as you all know, I am in charge of making the first level of Neofirst. Right now, I don't have internet on my computer to get the file on my Zelda Classic, so I can't work on it. However, I probably will in a week or two, and I will give you an update on that. However, that leaves all of my time for EotM. To be honest, when I first started working on the project, I pictured it as a sloppy game that we would put together. However, now I actually want this game to shine bright. I want this to be compared to HoD. And I got a lot of great group members that we see to it that this game will shine.

#2 propdoc

propdoc

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

Shoelace, I can't wait! I'm sure it's EoTM is going to be an awesome quest! Hurry up!

#3 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

Eye of the Moon... aren't you working on that with Taku?

But anyway I'm looking forward to both your quests but mostly I wish for a 2.11 compatible HoD. I can't play that because of the dreaded MIDI Bug icon_frown.gif

#4 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Questions @ May 19 2006, 05:36 PM)
Eye of the Moon... aren't you working on that with Taku?

View Post

To be exact, Shoelace, Sephiroth, Highsight, skateboarder11, and me.

QUOTE(Shoelace @ May 19 2006, 02:03 PM)
I want this to be compared to HoD. And I got a lot of great group members that we see to it that this game will shine.

...Is comparing it to HoD at this point really the best thing to do?

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

...Is comparing it to HoD at this point really the best thing to do?

Yes. I want to put a lot of effort into EotM and I do want it to be better than HoD. That is my goal. Sure it is a high goal but I need to make it my goal if I want it to be as good. I will honestly try to make the game to be a great epic quest. I won't settle for any less.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Since the HoD is the very maximum capacity of 2.10(You used up all Dmaps, you used up all kind of warps on a single screen, you merged horrible amount of tilesets together, etc.) it will be hard to make better quest even with 2.11.
You know, HoD is definitaly better than any Zelda game. And this is a very big thing, to overrun professional videogamers'es skills with free work and other things to do in life. So, I won't be angry, if your other quests will be only near as good. But if it will be better, then... then I will cry and pray to you as the God of Videogames. I hardly can wait. Since I played HoD, I want every game to be as good.
"Hey, CastChaos, if you want a god game, make one yourself!"
Yes, I am making currently a game that I want other people to like almost as well as HoD. However I merge only 2 tilesets together and will use up only about 220-240 DMaps... But... Who cares, be EoTM and TDS be the best, nothing else counts now!
I really hope that everything will go well. And I wait forward the Fall Expo for those maximum-quality scrennshots!
(Oh, my God, Shoelace releases a tileset, I'm gonna faint! *crying*)

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

Wow, thanks CastChaos. That really made my day. Hopefully my next games will continue to feed your needs. icon_razz.gif
Time for an update:

6/13/06 -- The Eye of the Moon. I am so excited about this game. I will probably get a lot of spelling editors for this game because this game has a huge and deep storyline that I want to shine. It is a dark and mysterious storyline that deals greatly on the Major storyline of all of my games. If you have played HoD, you will be surprised on how much this game answers unanswered questions and such. However, I don't want to spoil anything, but rest assure this game will focus a lot of storyline. During planing it was decided to expand the game a lot. Change is a key thing I want to happen during the course of this game. With HoD, I used a lot of the events which lead me to run out of Dmaps. On this one, I decided to use 10x more events in this game, however, using carryovers. That is all the information about the game, I want to release for right now. I will give a update on a later date maybe with screens next time. icon_razz.gif

#8 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Jun 13 2006, 12:30 PM)
  I will probably get a lot of spelling editors for this game because this game has a huge and deep storyline that I want to shine. 

View Post

I would just like to note, that next time I get the game, I'm going to go over the spelling. Unlike HoD, I have access to the strings. And go over them I shall.

Step on the stomp...
*Shot*

Er. Also Shoelace, before we go and design everything, it might do well for you finish adding plot things to the quest. I mean, with what you have planned for the forest now, I definatly have to redo the first level. A abandoned church doesn't really fit right anymore.

...And to the people who played the last EotM demo from... October, I think... Expect changes.

...And I'm not telling anyone any plot info without confirmation from Shoelace, so don't question me. At all. Since I don't really know it all anyway. Shoelace is slowly getting around to it with the changes and stuff.

...Perhaps this post was a litttle too spoilerish...

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:18 PM

Basically I don't think anyone except the group members will see any screens of EotM until July. I am about half way done with the Field now. Anyways, yeah, I do need to go over the storyline with everyone. I say people should play the demo for EotM, because that level will most likely be nothing like the new one, since I am taking Taku will redo the level to fit the vision. Anyways, I am off to chat, to discuss the game. icon_razz.gif

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

8/8/06 -- Updates finally! Well, EotM stopped in progress for a moment because we were discussing about Big Link. I want to use Big Link in the game and I have been making the sprites, however, as of right now big link is buggy, so we have been discussing things. Because I am going to make the sprites of villagers, however, I can't unless I know how big Link will be. However, a lot of things changed in the way the game is being made. So right now, we are discussing on how the progress will go.

Good news though. Screens of the game are coming soon. I sent one in to SotW. However, it was delayed to next week because there wasn't enough submissions. So that means, you have to wait a week. After SotW is on its way, we will show more screens. Also, we will be showing off EotM this coming Expo, so all of the news and big screens will be held off until then.

Anyways, there is supposed to be 4 games in my series. As that is how the storyline is. However, I don't even know if the 4th one will come out because of all of the time this is taking. Who knows. All I am focused on right now is EotM and releasing that.

Until next time. Chow! icon_razz.gif

#11 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:19 PM

Well well, Shoelace finally gets enough energy to post an update. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, first things first, news on EotM. Things are going to be changing on EotM, for the better though. 2.11 has been way to crazy on me, so I have stopped making progress on the game until 2.11 is released. It is just too buggy and also new features are making me keep redoing things, so I am going to wait it out and then make the game. *cross fingers hoping it is stable*

So what have I been doing. Graphics. I have been changing the graphics, making some cool grass tiles, and also making great progress on The Dark Shadow tileset, *drools*. Anyways, that is what I am going to keep doing this until 2.11 comes out. Also, I have been the only one thus far working on the graphics. So EatinCake please get back to me on things, and Darkspawn get me those sprites please. icon_frown.gif

And now for the important announcement. Since I could not show off anything at the Fall Expo. I will now like to officially announce, The Shoelace Expo! yes that is right. Since I don't want to await the Spring Expo, I am going to make my own Expo to show my own stuff. I can do this because I am Shoelace! lol. Anyways, I will make it exciting, I will have major announcements, including a quest that haven't talked about yet! But I can't tell you now. You will have to wait for the Shoelace Expo this Winter.

#12 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Nov 8 2006, 03:19 AM) View Post

And now for the important announcement. Since I could not show off anything at the Fall Expo. I will now like to officially announce, The Shoelace Expo! yes that is right. Since I don't want to await the Spring Expo, I am going to make my own Expo to show my own stuff. I can do this because I am Shoelace! lol. Anyways, I will make it exciting, I will have major announcements, including a quest that haven't talked about yet! But I can't tell you now. You will have to wait for the Shoelace Expo this Winter.

Oh this sounds cool , even if it becomes a Shoelace Spring Expo icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
Sorry but couldn't resist icon_wink.gif
You know that your school is more important so take your time , even though I can't wait to see it icon_razz.gif

#13 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Nov 7 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

I can do this because I am Shoelace!

1 thing to say about that: lol.

Shoelace Expo, you say? Sounds pretty sweet! I can't wait to see what you've been cookin' up lately.

#14 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

Alright! I can't wait to see what you gots to show us. I really liked the Hero of Dreams, and I can't wait to see how you will impress us this time around. icon_cool.gif

#15 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

Now, I am not the greatest at graphics, however, I think that I am doing a good job at the overworld tiles. The tileset for EotM is fitting my image so good that I don't think it could come out any better. The storyline has been detailed again and needless to say it wouldn't be the same game that it would have been if we had released it months earlier. This game will in fact be storyline driven and that is my main focus. But that is not to say that the gameplay will suffer because you guys know that I am big on gameplay.

Maybe I am hyping up this game a little too much, however, I think for me to make it the best possible, I have to set high standards, so that I won't be happy until I surpass them. I do want to show pictures of EotM, however, I will wait until the Shoelace Expo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users