4-5-6
7-8-9

Map 4:
https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Map 5:

Map 6:

It's for a quest that's going to end up being a mix between LttP, Z1, and BotW. More non-linear like Z1 and BotW, but a similar game flow to LttP / OoT.

The map is heavily inspired by BotW, but only because it had a topographical map that I could photoshop down to some very useful lines. And water.

See? https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

I'm just hoping to make a good adventure game. I'm not departing too heavily from what you'd expect from a Zelda game in terms of content, locations, themes, items, etc. But hopefully it's a good blend of things.

Anyway, the maps aren't done. Obviously. But I'm really proud of where it is right now. :)

Edited by Reflectionist, 21 June 2017 - 12:51 AM.

• Anthus, Eddy and Lüt like this

#1112 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

here's the new map i done. 
Sky Island + Celestia Citadel.

sky_is10.png

Edited by Cedric, 22 June 2017 - 07:47 PM.

• Anthus, Eddy, Jenny and 4 others like this

#1113 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Finally completed something after God knows how long...

Map

• Anthus, Shane, Matthew and 1 other like this

#1114 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

It's for a quest that's going to end up being a mix between LttP, Z1, and BotW. More non-linear like Z1 and BotW, but a similar game flow to LttP / OoT.

Your general outlines show a strong start, and the screens you've added detail to look fairly solid so far. If all screens are consistently up to that par, you'll have some very nice looking maps. I do hope you're going to upgrade all that grass to the 2x2 tiles when you've finalized the designs though.

Also what's with those stray rocks across the grid? Markers?

here's the new map i done. 
Sky Island + Celestia Citadel.

It reminds me of the entrance to Eastern Palace in LttP. That was the scene that made me love huge entrances all those years ago, so this one looks really fun too.

Finally completed something after God knows how long...

Nice mix of familiar and fresh.

May want to use CSet 4 on the top of that leftmost ladder though.

Map

Spoiler

• Shane and Eddy like this

#1115 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:21 AM

Your general outlines show a strong start, and the screens you've added detail to look fairly solid so far. If all screens are consistently up to that par, you'll have some very nice looking maps. I do hope you're going to upgrade all that grass to the 2x2 tiles when you've finalized the designs though.

Also what's with those stray rocks across the grid? Markers?

Thanks! Yes it's real low on details right now save for a few specific spots where the gameplay mechanics need attention. I really wanted to emphasize verticality with Moosh's Cliffs scripts. I want to be able to get as much crap busy work done before really settling in to finalize screens. I think it'll help me out a lot to be able to actively walk through the entire quest without in its most basic form, then work at the smaller scale.

Non-Linearity is rough to plan well, but I am proud of how it's going so far!

And yes, just marking out screen corners with the 2x2 rocks. Trying to figure out how little I can get away with for the field. I'm not actually that worried about the other two areas.

#1116 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Reflectionist, I gotta admit, that's a huge map, and I can see how you derived it from BotW's overworld. Obviously it is not finished, so I won't comment on the current emptiness, but my only concern with such a huge map in a 2D game engine like ZC is that, well, it's a lot of space. Not that I'm doubting you, but you'll have to jam a lot of stuff in there to make it interesting to explore. ;)

Now, here are some really old, shameless "hey, me too!" maps I made like four years ago, and can't remember if I posted them in here or not. These were from Link's Hangover, and are the only two fully playable dungeons that exist.. That was, until I screwed up the desert area, and started changing graphics for like no reason. The desert one was particularly fun to design, cause it makes heavy use of using the hookshot to maneuver across various sand pits, and has lots of shifting floors, which is what the off center tiles are, but you can't tell cause it is still. It was actually based off of the one dungeon quest I made that can be found in my signature. /shameless plug

azy8nvy.png

6qeyMoT.png

• Shane, Eddy, Naru and 1 other like this

#1117 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

I already posted this a while back on the "What did you accomplish today in ZC?" thread, but I figured I'd post it here for extra critique. This is the overworld from my current quest project compared to the original classic tileset version. Other than a perspective issue with one of the cliffs near the southwestern town, what do you guys think?

Spoiler

Original:
Spoiler

• Shane, Eddy and Jenny like this

#1118 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

^ I think it is a pretty good transition. The newfirst cliffs actually don't look half bad, and seeing as how you'd never transition between the north and south screens on the south part, there's really not much to be critiqued, and you did a decent job getting the mountains to work as well as they can.

#1119 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:09 AM

scftklu.pngI aimed to copy the original LA-style as closely as possible. (And yes, this might finally be something from me, I hope)

• Anthus, Bourkification, Shane and 7 others like this

#1120 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

This is the best thing and I am your biggest fan. Lot's of love! :love:

• runaru likes this

#1121 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

I love how it looks like just another Z1 recreation, but when you look closely, there's enough changed to totally throw off anybody who's expecting all of the same stuff from Z1. I honestly really want to play it, if only to just explore the map.

Wasn't the unreleased third Oracle game supposed to be a sort-of remake of Z1?

• Naru likes this

#1122 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Oracle of Seaons was supposed to - hence some of the familiar topography and almost all the same dungeon bosses. Oracle of Ages was supposed to be a Zelda 2 remake and the thrid Oracle game was supposed to be a third independent story.

#1123 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Still bummed that they didn't do that third game with Farore, specially after reading what they were planning to do with it. It was a little too ambitious for the Gameboy though, so i understand why they cancelled it.

Edited by Norzan, 12 July 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#1124 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

I made this map from the Water Temple the 6th dungeon of my project quest here. 

2017-010.png

I just started the map however.

Edited by Cedric, 18 July 2017 - 08:24 PM.

• Anthus and Matthew like this

#1125 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

All of these recent maps are spectacular!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users