Link and Zelda: Panoply of Calatia

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#286 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Do you have the double jump Roc's Cape? Are you on Epona from the minute you start the clock? Do you have the item that let's Epona turn quickly?

Truth be told, the first time I entered this room and got reset I thought that I had to go somewhere else and hit a switch or something to get past. It's a very tricky area, but just barely possible to get through.

Edit: Also, it is not necessary to get to the top of all the blocks in that room. You just have to reach the second set of breakable ones. (The first set is at the bottom, where the first switch is.) Once you can, start dashing through them to reach the far side.

I have the cape. I am on Epona and I do have the special item for her. Even if just jump one level of bricks it still resets before I can do anything else.

#287 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

I have the cape. I am on Epona and I do have the special item for her. Even if just jump one level of bricks it still resets before I can do anything else.

Spoiler

Edited by Dimentio, 10 February 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#288 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

Epona maintains speed between screens if you keep holding the button, which is important here. Don't let go during the scrolling!

Here's a step-by-step description of the puzzle. Good luck!

Spoiler

Edited by Mitsukara, 11 February 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#289 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

Been playing the heck out of this recently (nearing 20 hours now). I've gotten 6 palaces done in Hyrule now, but I have no idea how to open the Three Eye Rock Palace. I thought it would be like every other palace where there's a shrine, but after wandering around the overworld, I haven't found it. Maybe I'm being dumb and overlooked a screen or something, but any ideas as to what I need to do?

• Deedee likes this

#290 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

rain....

• Eddy and Deedee like this

#291 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

Been playing the heck out of this recently (nearing 20 hours now). I've gotten 6 palaces done in Hyrule now, but I have no idea how to open the Three Eye Rock Palace. I thought it would be like every other palace where there's a shrine, but after wandering around the overworld, I haven't found it. Maybe I'm being dumb and overlooked a screen or something, but any ideas as to what I need to do?

To elaborate on the rather vague clue already given, there is a pattern of 3 stones on the overworld which marks the entrance. You have to play the Song of Storms at a certain spot (if I recall correctly, directly between the stones which are shaped like an upside-down T) to get 3-Eye Palace to appear.

#292 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

To elaborate on the rather vague clue already given, there is a pattern of 3 stones on the overworld which marks the entrance. You have to play the Song of Storms at a certain spot (if I recall correctly, directly between the stones which are shaped like an upside-down T) to get 3-Eye Palace to appear.

Yeah I think I got it with just "rain", hence the like :P Thanks anyway.

I have a feeling there probably was a hint on it somewhere else in Hyrule and I just overlooked it completely, or I forgot about it. I seem to be doing that a lot with this quest lol

Edit: New set of problems though. Firstly, where do I even find the Trophy for the first town? Apparently it's out at sea, but I'm not seeing anything. Secondly, I have this doll as a part of the trading sequence but I have no idea where to go with it.

Edit 2: Figured out the trophy is a part of the trading quest. I now have some kind of glass bowl. No idea who to give it to or where to go with it. Tried visiting all the towns but I found nothing so far.

#293 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

One of the towns (Saria, I think) had a hint about a man living in the woods (if you tried poking at him with both characters). That man, Bagu, can be found in a secret hut north of the river by Saria (the river that comes in from the west coast, with a town entrance on both sides of the river).

• Eddy likes this

#294 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:09 AM

Hello again. I'm stuck in the North Palace.

Spoiler

Spoiler

If someone already helped him, sorry. I didn't saw the last page and thought Ninja4Hire's Post was the latest. :whap:  :oops:

Edited by Sparkster, 27 February 2017 - 04:13 AM.

#295 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Hey guys,

I'm in the Maze Palace and there's this room with six King Aquamentuses which I can't seem to defeat.

Edited by Ninja 4 Hire, 27 February 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#296 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Hey guys,

I'm in the Maze Palace and there's this room with six King Aquamentuses which I can't seem to defeat.

Spoiler

#297 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hey guys,

I got a bigger problem. My computer's hard drive bit the dust yesterday. I lost some cool stuff, among them being my saved game. This is really frustrating and as much as I am loving this game I'm not ready to replay it from the beginning just yet. If I have to, I have a long way to go to get back to where I was. Before the crash I was making my way through the Maze Palace. I had already beaten Parapa, Swamp, King's Tomb, and Island Palaces. I hate to ask this, but is there anyone who could help a fellow gamer out? Is there anyone out there who has a save file that was close to being as far along as I was, and if so would you mind sharing it?

#298 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a really great way to share ZC save files. Maybe someone else can chime in on a better way to do that?

However, my first thought on an alternative would be to use the built-in cheat codes.  This will be a little more complicated than most quests because of scripted plot branches and special counters, but it can still work.

First, load up the quest. Play through the intro sequence and arrive in Calatia- the intro scene with the wizzrobe ambush affects how the game behaves, and it'll mess up certain events if you don't do it.

Once you're in Calatia with 3 hearts and no items, pause the game (press Esc) and go to ZC's menu, select "Cheat", and then enter this code:

Spoiler

Unfortunately, since you were pretty far, there's a lot of stuff to fill in and take care of. However, almost all of it can be done from the cheats menu. You want to go to "Cheat -> Link Data...".

Then, under "Equipment", you can go through all the categories and check the checkboxes for every item that you had.

Under "Items" you can set the bombs, keys, and rupees that you had. However, ZC handles bomb maximums weirdly, so if you care about preserving the 999 maximum bomb count, do the following:

Spoiler

If you're not worried about the bomb maximum though, you don't have to bother with that part.

Under "Misc" you can set your heart containers, number of heart pieces, and magic containers. Alternatively, you can also do it from the "Heart Containers" and "Magic Containers" sections of the cheat menu, instead of the Link Data window.

After all that, you're almost done, but not quite. First of all, you need to beat Militron again or else the game won't be winnable in the standard sense. To do this easily, I recommend pressing "G", which will give you a prompt to warp somewhere. Select "13 - L-X Fortress Centrum" (I never updated the names of the DMaps from my early betas), and type in screen "17". This will plop you right into the Militron fight. Now go to the cheats menu again and select "Kill all enemies." Don't go up the stairs to talk to the king and queen or else you'll need to re-do the North Palace.

Here's where things get a little tedious. You probably want to re-get your triforce pieces; to do this from the cheat menu, you need to go to Link Data -> Equipment -> Custom Itemclass 1, and then select the "Triforce (HUD)" item. However, it will only add 1 triforce for each time you check the box, and it will only count one check of the box until you resume the game, then press Esc again, then uncheck it, then resume the game, then press Esc again, and then re-check it. I suggest opening the subscreen so you can see what the number is doing when you unpause, for this to make more sense.

You can get your secret seashells back in the same way, as well as your magic beans, but that's extremely tedious because of how many times you'd need to check and uncheck the box. Honestly, I'd recommend just giving yourself the 40-seashell prizes, which can be found in the Equipment tab under...

Spoiler

That just leaves your experience points. There is an easy way to bypass this, if you don't mind a great big spoiler!

Press "G" again, and go to Dmap "55", screen "11". If you are worried about spoilers, do not leave this screen on this map, and do not go down the stairs. What you want here is to stand on the flashing tiles below the levels, and press Up to adjust your levels to what they were. You may need to press F11 to enable Walk Through Walls, in order to reach those tiles. if you're standing on the wrong part of the screen.

With that done, Press G again, go to Dmap "23 - North Hyrule", screen "76", and you'll be back at the North Palace, hopefully with all your stuff.

Sorry if that's still a lot of work; and there i some risk that if you miss something, you'll need to go back and fix it (or re-get it in the game). But I hope it helps!

Edited by Mitsukara, 02 March 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#299 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thank you very much. I will try what you have suggested. :)

#300 studkid

studkid

• Members

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

I have been stuck in Tezuka palace for the past few hours and I can't find the cane for the life of me.  I found the secret bomb wall but following the path it didn't even give me anything apart from one rupee from killing the two moldorms.  I've been looking around the overworld and completing each of the other dungeons too to make sure I didn't miss anything and still no cane.  Where is it?  I literally am completely out of ideas of where it could be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users