Four Swords Adventures Midi Rips

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

The music from Four Swords Adventures is stored on disc as a .BMS file.

BMS files are understood as being similar to Midi or Tracker music.

Tools exist to convert BMS music directly to midi, but they're spotty and further editing is required to clean up the results.

Using a pre-compiled tool I have ripped and converted one song that nobody else has done before.
Here it is:

Four Swords Adventures Boss Battle Music

Further rips are possible, but the current tools mostly don't work. More than half the soundtrack causes the tools I'm using to crash or spit out corrupted/empty midis.

More updated tools can be found in a github fork, though I am unable to compile them. I don't understand how to do it without the compiler throwing errors or insisting they reference something that doesn't exist.
The source code can be found here.
Someone more skilled than me should be able to compile both programs. If you do that, let me know, and I can try to rip more midis.

• Deedee likes this

#2 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

That's pretty cool!

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

Not necessarily true anymore these days, but in the past mostly all games used music data format similar in function to midi. However, it's not the same thing so tool conversions will always kind of fail in one way or another. The best idea in general if you want a music track from a game is either run the original format natively, or have a musician properly transcribe it (most people who work with music are at least decently competent at this).

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:34 AM

Yes.

YES!

YESSSSSSSSS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users