Randomizer Returns

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

I started playing this quest and got through levels 1, 2 and 3. I've tried going through the rest of the levels and can't reach parts of them without the ladder.

I think the ladder may be in one of those areas. If this is the case, then I guess I'll have to restart the quest. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

Well, I don't think anyone can help you, given we don't know what dungeons you have. :P
I'm fairly sure the randomizer can't generate impossible scenarios, but what you need might be found on the overworld rather than in a dungeon. Note that every screen on the overworld has a "secret".

#3 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:41 PM

Well, I don't think anyone can help you, given we don't know what dungeons you have. :P
I'm fairly sure the randomizer can't generate impossible scenarios, but what you need might be found on the overworld rather than in a dungeon. Note that every screen on the overworld has a "secret".

I've gone through the overworld and found every "secret". Unfortunately there isn't a shop the sells the ladder.

#4 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

There are also two items per dungeon, so if you haven't found two items in each of the previous dungeons, then you're missing something. :P

#5 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:13 PM

THIS IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. Random dungeons at last! And you donĀ“t have to play 500 dungeons in one play to finish the quest! SHORT AND UNIQUE EXPERIENCES EVERY TIME.

I can't believe it, it's a dream! 

#6 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

122c96o.png

I'm missing a item in "my L4" :'( I suppose that I need a passageway but I checked everywhere.

I hope I don't need the item to finish the quest... I finished L1-5 so far, and I found every dungeon in my "all random" play.

#7 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:49 AM

I streamed my second playthrough of this quest, and I just got finished with it. The recordings are avalible here: [Part 1] [Part 2]

I really like this randomizer, it has some quirks such as the over flood of secret rooms on the overworld (with not much substance to it), but this is definitively what I wanted to see in a randomizer! Can't wait for the planned expansions to hit HoF.

#8 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

a57yoo.png

I finished my first "ALL RANDOM" run, it was a blast! I can't wait to start another run.

Btw, there are hints about a second world. Is it a red herring or is it serious? o.O

Edited by Air Luigi, 22 October 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#9 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

I've gone through the overworld and found every "secret". Unfortunately there isn't a shop the sells the ladder.

Look for a Ladder in a Dungeons 1 through 8

#10 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

So for those who have not kept track of the Quest Project Threads, there has been a 1.1 update. This adds much more content such as more overworlds, more dungeons, more items, and more extra options. When choosing custom options, you are given the choice if you want to limit which worlds and dungeons show up. Dungeon sets are split into groups of 7, with all the dungeons of that group sharing the same 9 palettes.

There are a few changes to gameplay balance.

The Blue Candle is now multi use again, and the Red and Gold Candles are stronger. This does mean you can now only find a Gold Candle randomly in the curiosity shop.

As Ex3 shows a helpful map to keep track of where you have been, Ex4 shows how many items you've collected. Note that the Bomb and Quiver upgrades are not counted for items for an area, since you can encounter them multiple times but only purchase them once.

A 1.11 patch is on the way that fixes a few bugs. It also makes the Ex3 map freeze all action so you don't have to worry about being hit out of it anymore, and adds a difficulty option. This option does not do much with the randomizers, but it makes secrets easier or harder to find. The Easy option also adds a few shortcuts to the more complex overworlds.

The 1.11 patch will also change some of the overworld hints to be more clear or useful.

Anyway, good luck and have fun. At this point, you really won't know what to expect when you play. And play again.

#11 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for the update, Hero, and I feel honored that you added three of my dungeon sets (Mini 1, Mini 2 and New 3) to RR, great stuff. :)

#12 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

I just updated this quest and found a major bug. Everytime I exit a cave, I get a black screen. I have to F6 to continue. And I'm not starting at the beginning of the map.

Edited by Spelunker, 01 February 2017 - 06:55 PM.

#13 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

I haven't had that bug so far, I've played through "custom" and then Deluxe 1, 2 and 3 dungeon set and first quest overworld.

#14 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

I started another quest and the bug went away. Could have happened because I upgraded in the middle of a quest.

#15 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

That's a high chance, yeah. Some don't even work after a version change and you would have to restart the quest sumtimez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users