Randomizer Outlands Help Topic.

Help

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 ZephyrValgale

ZephyrValgale

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

Okay. I finished the Normal Outlands, now how do I get to the Parallel Outlands?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the instructions on the last page. Disregard.

Edited by ZephyrValgale, 14 August 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#62 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:45 PM

Not sure what's going on here

Lens reveals this, but how come the candle does NOT work here?  I have the flashy one (L5 I think).  Odd thing is that the gold candle DOES melt the ice.

Need to fix this so that any candle higher than red candle level can melt ice.  In this case, can't get to the right with L5 candle

Video clip showing this issue

zelda001_zps69ugj8wy.png

Edited by pixcalibur, 16 August 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#63 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:00 AM

Not sure what's going on here

Lens reveals this, but how come the candle does NOT work here?  I have the flashy one (L5 I think).  Odd thing is that the gold candle DOES melt the ice.

Need to fix this so that any candle higher than red candle level can melt ice.  In this case, can't get to the right with L5 candle

Video clip showing this issue

zelda001_zps69ugj8wy.png

As long as this issue is ongoing, try to melt the ice blocks with your wand and magic book. I hope you have both of them.

#64 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

As long as this issue is ongoing, try to melt the ice blocks with your wand and magic book. I hope you have both of them.

Well, at least wand + magic book fire works, even with L5 candle.  Lantern doesn't work either.  Luckily, magic book wasn't behind this point.  

To be safe, should hold off on getting L5 candle when you find it until you have wand and magic book

#65 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

It's an issue with script-created fire not triggering red candle triggers. Din's Fire should also work on those if you have it. HeroOfFire said he'll be fixing this in the next update.

#66 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

It's an issue with script-created fire not triggering red candle triggers. Din's Fire should also work on those if you have it. HeroOfFire said he'll be fixing this in the next update.

That's some good news.

#67 Artix3

Artix3

• Members

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

Alright, so I'm a bit stumped on 308/309 items. And the problem is the map maker, who has my last item. I'm at 78/80 maps. I have 308 out of 309 items, as I mentioned above, and I cannot for the life of my figure out what two maps I'm missing. Lemme just tally this up. In spoilers, don't click on this if you haven't found everything.

Spoiler

I've gotten the maps in every one of those dungeons, and my tally matches up with the Map Maker's tally of 78/80. Does anyone have any ideas what two maps I'm missing?

edit:

Searching around a bit, I found one map in E1-D I'd somehow walked past, so that brings me up to 79/80. I've double checked every dungeon in both overworlds, so I'm not sure where the last map I'm missing is, or what dungeons I'm missing from my tally above. Maybe the Parallel Tower map counts as one?

Edited by Artix3, 07 September 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#68 Varn

Varn

• Members

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

The Ladder ... the Ladder.  If this ever gets updated, I'd highly recommend guaranteeing the ladder drops in one of the first few dungeons; the first 15 or so seem to need it.  It's not fun at all to basically clear all of them out with 3 hearts, a green tunic and no sword ... but be unable to claim most of the treasures because you don't have the stupid ladder.  I'm thinking of just restarting to see if the damn thing rolls in a more accessible spot.

#69 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

i think one of the teloport guys is broken. where the spiky trees are. it won't warp me

#70 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

I've looked around most of the overworld and I can't find Extended 1-A. I also seem to be stuck in Extended 1-N unable to get into the upper-left section of the map.

The Ladder ... the Ladder.  If this ever gets updated, I'd highly recommend guaranteeing the ladder drops in one of the first few dungeons; the first 15 or so seem to need it.  It's not fun at all to basically clear all of them out with 3 hearts, a green tunic and no sword ... but be unable to claim most of the treasures because you don't have the stupid ladder.

I agree entirely with this. It took me a while to find the ladder.

#71 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

There should be more candle level triggers and also more sword level triggers. Would make things in ZQuest a lot easier.

#72 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

I've looked around most of the overworld and I can't find Extended 1-A. I also seem to be stuck in Extended 1-N unable to get into the upper-left section of the map.

I agree entirely with this. It took me a while to find the ladder.

Exp 1-A is near 1-1.  Couple screens right of 1-1 is an item, below that should be Exp 1-A.  I think needs a candle

In Exp 1-N, on upper right section, go left as far as you can, should have regular key in the room.  You can walk through the wall to the left.  Need to do this to get the boss key as well.

For the ladder, yeah, have to search a bit sometimes.  Good to find where all the low levels are, as they'll generally have your essentials.  Many times, you'll need to reenter levels to complete them after getting a ladder

#73 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

Oh man, thanks. For some reason I never thought to check there/try that. Or I thought I already did. ...Whatever.

Because of the sheer amount of content in the Randomizers, I've been compiling dungeon/secret location guides for each one as I play through. Outlands is by far the most challenging of the three I've played, and it doesn't help that I never played the original Outlands. This is one crazy quest.

#74 Robotron64

Robotron64

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

S'cuse me, but I'm currently replaying this quest, and I've forgotten a couple normal overworld locations, and have had the worst luck finding them (I can access all dungeons, by the way.)

-Expanded 1-2 (Found this one.)

-Expanded 2-8

Any hints or help on this would be appreciated.

Edited by Strange Knight, 20 October 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#75 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

ogK4Kw9.jpg

The lens shows a staircase here but I can't activate it. What am I missing?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users