Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#16 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yes, Jubbz. Several. It made the final battle all the more impressive, I've gotta say, though I do have to keep it under 7 MB, which is my gracious file-host's maximum file size.

Artistic - Thanks for the bug reports. All bugs fixed, at least to the best of their potential.

Duck - Alrighty, I'll hook you up in a bit.

#17 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Me Again! icon_smile.gif

Finished the Mirage. Report of things I found. Didn't find any bugs that will pull you hair or make you scream come on, I'm stuck! icon_lol.gif

This is more a question I guess. Before you could get the 2nd sword for 300 rupees. But I can't even get it for 600 rupees now. Can't reach it the blocks are blocking you from getting it. I had to wait until I got the whistle to get it. What good is money if you can't spend it! icon_biggrin.gif
IPB Image

-----------------------------------------------

I believe this is the House in Crystal Caverns that sells Super Bombs. It was a pot until I slashed it with my sword. It looks like a part of a door entrance.
IPB Image

There are 4 shops/buildings in Kanavas that the guys are taking the buddy system to extremes. icon_lol.gif I didn't put up the other 3 pictures but if you need them I can.
IPB Image

In the Mirage I pushed the gold block that was below me and a block appeared in front of the door on the left. It looks like a top piece of the wall.
IPB Image

The sub-screen in the Mirage has the double letters and it is a little hard to tell what floor your on. The sub-screen in the Excavation Ruins is double letters also. The other dungeons are probably the same way. I also would like to know if there is anyway to put a marker (a little square) in the map above like there is in the bottom map in the sub-screen. Thank you! icon_smile.gif
IPB Image

These undercombos don't look real bad. If you use your imagination you can see that if you remove a skull that is on the ground it probably is brown underneath it. I think it is the yellow square around it that makes it look odd.
IPB Image

These I made bigger so you could see what I was talking about and I put them in a spoiler so it wouldn't take up so much space.
Spoiler

You have done a wonderful job fixing this quest. I like the shortcuts. icon_thumbsup.gif Enemies don't seems as tough now in some areas. But since I've played it all ready it might be because I know what to expect. icon_eek.gif

#18 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for the reports!

Bug Fixes And Nacho Cheese somewhere.

#19 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

The guy is standing on the table.
IPB Image

--------------------------------

Went in here.
IPB Image

I killed all the enemies to open the path, then went up came back down guickly and got stuck here. But all I had to do was shoot the two enemies with the arrow and the path open again. I tried to reproduce it but couldn't. When I went up and came back down the enemies were gone and the path open up. Go figure! Just thought I would put this up in case it happen to someone else so they wouldn't have to F6 continue and have to start from the start. They can just shoot them.
IPB Image

This same room after the path opens up the two top corners are different.
IPB Image

I went and checked spots where you fixed them, they do look better and everything works. But, here I don't know if this shade of green works. Sorry but I think the mustard yellow that it was before looks better. If you could make it the same shade of green as the ground would be nice. I'm never happy am I.
IPB Image

There is something wrong with the money. If you can get the big money bag in Pulcheria Village. What money bag is this one? In the beginning by the time I finished the Mushroom Hideout I had 499 rupees not 500 rupees it stopped at 499. But when I bought the magic boomerang for 499 rupees I had 1 rupees left. I thought that was strange. Then after, I think it was the Mansion I went Pulcheria Village and got that bag and it took me to 999 rupees. I just thought you changed things somehow. In my sub-screen I have the second bag (the one that is blue).
IPB Image

Sometimes when I come out of this building there is this turning sword and once there was a glimpse of a gold bomb(maybe) before the sword appeared. Just something strange.
IPB Image

In the Excavation Ruins the lens shows a walk through wall here but I can't walk through it. This is as close as I can get to the wall. The name is not on the top either.
IPB Image

Also in there the lens shows a map on the pillar here. Can't seem to get it I bombed, pushed, boomer, arrow nothing worked.
IPB Image

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Ah wow, nice finds!

Spoiler

Bugs fixed

#21 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Some more things noted.

Overworld
9:54 - whirlpool warp is missing that should connect with 3:40

==============

Train Station
17:25 - can make 2nd block from the right pushable multiple times so that can reach door if coming from above. No safe way to cross spikes from top of room otherwise

16:5A - remove the lock block. Boss key block already prevents wasting any keys on the locked door. With both locks present, I'm short a key on testing.

IPB Image

=================

Crypt
20:46 – after pounding tombstone, the resulting space is a warp back outside. Need it to be just a normal space

===================

Blester
23:38 - Can sneak under the ice on the left to skip puzzle. I guess if you want the full puzzle value, you can extend the lower left part of the solid ice to the left until it reaches the diagonal cliff. On the right side, maybe replacing the lower pushable block with solid ice that extends all the way to the right. You would then need to make a pushable block above the current topmost one to keep 3 pushable blocks to reach the key.

===================

Storm Tower
22:69 - if you fall down left half of the hole on 3F, you will automatically move down and get hit into the hole, resulting in lots of backtracking back up. Can just shift the chest one space left to avoid this problem.

==============================================================================
Another set of notes to add from above
Train Station
17:34 – not sure why I still have the door at the top. In Zquest, there's no door up there. I think it might me due to me starting on an older version that still had that door there. So shouldn't be there if I were to start a new file later on

===================

Capitol Port
14:5F - don't really need that hole on the left of the blocks. All it blocks is a bomb upgrade and a potion. Already enough safeguards to prevent any major shortcuts. Anyway, can't access the Hotel or even climb the vines without the stepladder (one can climb to the upper level of that house and go right and see the holes blocking the vines)

What's the purpose, if any, to the Link clone battle on 31:xx-32:xx besides some extra back story stuff?

====================

Excavation
62:01 - just for aesthetics, can block off top path with another torch or two so that you go on the bottom ladder route

63:76 - map there, but looks like you're already given the floor layout when you first enter the place. Compass maybe? Or even just refills?

=======================

Sewers
34:54 - maybe change that map to a compass given you already have the map layout when you first enter. Or can keep the map there and change the chest that had bombs in it to a compass.

34:15 - warp just takes you to some random layer room with 4 bats instead of the start of the place.

=========================

Volcano
- How to get out of Death Mountain after clearing Volcano? Can't whistle warp or go through caves. Maybe can allow for whistle warping out of Death Mountain.

- Volcano map screen issue - Map is actually 6 columns by 7 rows when looking through ZQuest (not 8 rows). Not sure where that extra row is, but if possible, can see if can remove that extra row. Also would need to move Link's position square on the map 1 space northwest to match with the corrected map position.

As in the picture, Link's position is in a blank spot and 8 rows on the map layout, which is not what is seen in ZQuest.

IPB Image

Edited by pixcalibur, 30 January 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#22 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

And another set of notes up until Deku Jungle

Mirrors
43:57 - remove this lock and move lock to 43:30
43:39 - remove this key and put new key at say 43:27 to have player have to explore most of B-1 to find the required key. Would've put it with that weird guy who talked about the red leaf thing, but unless you have the Lens of Truth, may not realize to flute in the room prior.

=======================

Vines
41:11 - can't open locked door with conveyor going right. Can either remove conveyor belt on the space in front of the door or can make the conveyor go left

Elf Caves
44:45 – not sure what this key is used for. Can put a lock on any one door from 44:53 to the mini boss to utilize that key

Marathon
No intro script present at start of Marathon like in other nightmares

48:41 – when going left with orange blocks down, looks ok, but after going back right from 48:40, automatically switches to blue blocks down. Thank goodness for the nice F6-Continue restart point, or it'd be A LOT of backtracking

48:50 - duplicate HCP with 47:50. Can maybe add blue switch blocks around the chest at 47:50 and 48:50 that then requires the player to hit the switch at 48:30 to put blue blocks down to reach the HCP. Given minus one HCP now, to prevent net loss, can put a new HCP into Excavation to make 8 total there. For example, HCP at 63:54 is one possibility.

#23 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi! I put them in a spoiler to make it shorter.

Ooh bug report!

More!

Ooh More!

Edited by Artistic, 30 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#24 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Short post is short. ... only not really.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Updated Quest File

REMINDER: Make frequent back-ups of your zc.sav file!

#25 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Short post is short. ... only not really.

I know! Just so people don't have to scroll though all of my babbling. icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the update! icon_smile.gif I didn't see in your comments in post#24 about fixing the key problem in the Train Station that pixcalibur brought up. It is a problem in RC4 also. I'm short a key too. I've used the last key that I can find to open the lock box. You could put a key in the chest that has the 4 hearts symbol in it, the chest you have use the hookshot to get to on the B-1 floor. I have a picture if you need one. I know I've gotten 4 keys all ready. Are there more?

If you already fixed it, then feel free to just ignore this post. icon_smile.gif

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

#26 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yes, I've removed that lockblock next to the boss lockblock, which unlocks automatically. Or, it should. Try it out!

If you're still having issues with it, please let me know. As in, give me a copy of your save file, and I'll give you a key to go on.

#27 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

The train station works fine now. There are 5 keys in there. Accidentally PM'd the problem instead of posting it in the forum. ST did a bug update that changed the locked block to a row of boss locks since I was short a key (5 keys for 6 locks).

What initially stumped me was the fact one of the keys was changed for a purple potion, so I initially thought there were 6 keys.

Now it's balanced at 5 keys for 5 locks. Boss lock blocks go away once you have the boss key

Edited by pixcalibur, 30 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#28 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Hi!

I can't find 5 keys I only find 4 keys. I got the boss key all ready. I used the last key I had on the lock block that was there if the lock block hadn't been there before I would of had the key for the door here in this picture. I got that purple potion. So where is that 5th key?

IPB Image

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

#29 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

If you already used it on that locked block that's now gone anyway, kinda screwed. Gonna have to come back with an extra key. It was initially 5 keys for 6 locks. 1 key on 1F, 3 on B1, 1 on B2. Removing the locked block made the counts even.

#30 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(pixcalibur @ Jan 31 2013, 12:23 AM) View Post

If you already used it on that locked block that's now gone anyway, kinda screwed. Gonna have to come back with an extra key. It was initially 5 keys for 6 locks. 1 key on 1F, 3 on B1, 1 on B2. Removing the locked block made the counts even.

Where are the 3 keys on B1? I only found two. I found 1 on F1 and 1 on B2. I'm using RC4 I don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users