Wand script requests, along with others

Ice RodCustom Items Boss Defense 2x1 Swords

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brae13

Brae13

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

Okay, been searching everywhere, and trying to understand the scripting tutorials. I don't understand a word of it all. So, I'm just gonna break down and flat out ask for help here. I need some scripts. And before someone asks, yes. I've looked at the current script database and the old archived. And yes, even though the forums where some are peppered in. Unfortunately, none of them fit what I'm looking for exactly. If someone does write these scripts, I would like a breakdown on how they work and what the hell they mean, so in the future I could possibly write my own. So, here goes:

Items

1: Ice Rod- One that has been asked probably 50 times. Some asked for the same I am about to. I need one that is simple. Freezes enemies. Freezes water.

Freezes enemies- Not stun, freeze. Until you leave the screen. Just the enemy, no frozen blocks. I've seen the examples of the ice rod scripts. I don't want the enemy to be turned into an ice block. I tried Acullard's std.weapons example and the ice rod doesn't freeze them, it just turns them into an ice block for a period of time, and they continue to move. I want them to FREEZE. Animation stops, collision stops. Everything stops. Nothing fancy, just frozen.

Freezes water- Just water. Again, no ice blocks. Don't need ice blocks. Water turns into a walkable surface. No slipping. Nothing fancy (sorry for reapeating, but damn...so many stupid reqests). It doesn't need to stretch across two screens, nothing like that. Simple.

2: Fire Rod- Again, I know. Asked before. But the whole Magic Book/Magic Rod combo kinda conflicts with this whole thing. If you allow "Use magic w/o book", then it just turns into a simple damaging magic sprite. It doesn't trigger anything. I need the actual "Fire" to trigger flags etc. It also needs to burn enemies. (Basically, a Magic Wand with the Magic Book, but without the Magic Book.)

Burn enemies- Nothing fancy, just burns enemies. I realize I would have to make sheets of sprites to accomplish this, no biggie. Just trigger a simple animation to each enemy burned.

Burn Bushes/trees- Needs an exclusive burn trigger, that way the candle won't trigger it. It would be easier just to use trigger 74- Wand Fire Trigger as normal...but without the Magic Book.

3: Wind Rod- This is kind of complicated to explain. But really, it's just a knockback magic. It does damage, but mostly knockback effect. I want the magic to always push the enemy away. And also have it put out fire.

Knockback damage- Knockback is all over the game at random times. It sometimes happens with the sword, or wand, for no reason it seems. If I could, I would eliminate ALL knockback in the game completely, so that way the weapon made more sense, but I don't think that's possible. (Yes, I realize ANYTHING is possible, but...at the cost of endless lines of scripts?) But simply, this weapon should push the enemy away as well as a little damage.

Put out Fire- I don't know if you would consider this a flag trigger or not, but basically the idea here is to close off a path with fire, and the only way through is to put it out. No torches, nothing like that. Just simply fire blocking the path, blow it out with the Wind Rod. I don't think I need to make a flag for it, that should be simple enough.

4: Clock- I need it to be a B button Item, not a collectable. Obviously, it needs to use magic. And I don't want the same effects as the original Clock item (Freezing all enemies on screen, and making link invincible.) I need the effect to slow down the enemy animation speed. You can still be hurt by the enemies, but they are slower. (I seen a request similar to this one, but I don't need Link's animation to speed up). This one I would request to be a bit fancy. When the magic is used initially, the screen should indicate, like a whirling effect or something similar to say: Super Mario Bros. 2, when you use a level warp. Something. Anything. And the item's effect should only last as long as you're on the screen. And as far as enemy defenses go, I don't want this item to affect certain enemies. To let you know what enemies are immune or not, and indicator is needed. Maybe a flashing effect, or changing their c-set.

Enemy Defenses

1: Patra- I'll explain best I can. I need the outer "small eyes" to be immune to everything. That way it is impossible to damage the "big eye". And the only way to damage the big eye, is to knock back the smaller eyes with the Wind Rod's magic. The knockback should only last for a few seconds, before the form back into a circle.

2: Gleeok- Not really a defense. I want him incased in ice like kholdstare in LttP. And the only way to break the ice is to use a super bomb (Flag 11- Super Bomb). Until the Ice is broken, he can't move, and you can't damage him.

3- Lanmola- I wanted to use two of them as the boss. Both immune to everything, except the Fire/Ice Rods. The Blue one- weak against Fire Rod. And the Red one- weak against Ice Rod. Similar to the Trinexxx from LttP.

4- Manhandla- I really only need the script for the Clock Item. He is the boss I had in mind for the weapon.

Other

2x1 Swords:

Sword 2- White Sword- 20x16

Sword 3- Magic Sword- 24x16

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:02 PM

Here's the clock:

item script clock{
    void run(){
        item i = Screen->CreateItem(I_CLOCK);
        i->X - Link->X; i->Y = Link->Y;
    }
}

I have some of the others, but not handy.

Here also, is the same for keys:

item script keymaker{
    void run(){
        item i = Screen->CreateItem(I_KEY);
        i->X - Link->X; i->Y = Link->Y;
    }
}

Edit: I misread what you wanted for the clock.

Perhaps this...

const int CMB_FFC_BLANK = 1;

item script SlowManhandla{

void run(int dur){

ffc f;

int ff[] = "SlowManhandla";

if (NumNPCsOf(NPCT_MANHANDLA)){

for (int q = 1; q <= 32; q++) {

f = Screen->LoadFFC(q);

if ( f->Script != 0 || (f->Data != 0 && f->Data != CMB_FFC_BLANK) || f->Flags[FFCF_CHANGER] )

continue;

f->Data = CMB_FFC_BLANK;

f->Script = Game->GetFFCScript(ff);

f->InitD[0] = dur;

}

}

}

}

ffc script SlowManhandla{

void run(int duration){

int timer = 100;

while(duration--){

if ( timer > 0 ) timer--;

if ( !timer ) timer = 100;

for ( int q = Screen->NumNPCs(); q > 0; q-- ){

npc n = Screen->LoadNPC(q);

if ( n->Type == NPCT_MANHANDLA && timer % 3 == 0 ) n->Stun = 1;

}

Waitframe();

}

this->Data = 0; this->Script = 0; Quit();

}

}

Try that. Using the item should effectively slow a Manhandla by 1/3.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 November 2016 - 01:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users