3 Small script request

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaX

OmegaX

Leader of Omega GamingHunters101

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

Well...This sounds like a lot but it isn't but I'm here to request not 1 but 3 scripts request.

1st Script

This script will be difficulty settings in my quest, i plan on having two different modes Normal and Hero Mode, On Hero mode the enemies will do twice as much damage, and if so the bosses behavior will change slightly (You don't have to add that last part if you don't want to).

2nd Script

This script is a little trading sequence, you get a certain amount of an item to receive rewards. (In my Case, the item is Magic Crystals)

5 Magic Crystals you will receive a reward

10 Magic Crystals you will receive a reward

20 Magic Crystals you will receive a reward

30 Magic Crystals you will receive a reward

40 Magic Crystals you will receive a reward

50 Magic Crystals you will receive a reward

that's all the reward

3rd Script

This one is similar to the last one, but this time you receive a amount of an item to open up a bonus Dungeon. The amount of the item link needs is 20. if link doesn't have all 20 of the item then the Dungeon can't be accessible. if link does have all 20 of the item, the dungeon can be accessible.

That's all.

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

Difficulty settings could be easily done with a global script that changes damage alone, but different boss moves is exponentially more complex, and pretty advanced.

The second one might not need a script if a) you talk to an npc for the quest, and b) the item is obtained through a message string. ZC has something called "string control codes" which allow for things like trading sequences, and different strings (messages) to play depending on if Link has certain equipment. You can even add or remove items from his inventory this way. These can be viewed in "strings.txt" in your ZC folder. They are hard to understand at first, but pretty easy to use. The only part that might require a script is setting up the counter for the magic crystal item, but someone else might know more about custom counters.

The last one is easy, and requires an ffc script which sees if Link has 20 of x item, and if so, triggers screen secrets (opens the dungeon).

I might be able to help with the last one, but I'm still a scripting n00b myself.

#3 OmegaX

OmegaX

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

I didn't say new boss moves i said boss behavior (Example: On hero mode the bosses get faster and more aggressive), well i didn't need that part anyway. For the 2nd script you don't talk to npc's to get the magic crystal items, they could be found only in treasure chest, killing enemies, and possible mini games.

Edited by MegaX, 19 October 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#4 MrPow

MrPow

Initiate

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

This http://www.purezc.ne...=scripts&id=196has a secret seashell feature like in links awakening. Pretty sure that's what you want for number 2. I haven't used it. Sorry for format, I'm on mobile.

#5 OmegaX

OmegaX

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

@MrPow Thanks, this will do nicely

@Anthus thanks for help but where did you find those scripts for #1 and 3. I looked in the database for it but i couldn't find it.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

@MrPow Thanks, this will do nicely

@Anthus thanks for help but where did you find those scripts for #1 and 3. I looked in the database for it but i couldn't find it.

They're not in the database, but from my basic understanding of scripting, those two should be relatively easy, if you were to make a request. I cannot guarantee that such a request will be met though.

#7 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

Script 3 Request

Those should work for your third request. 

#8 OmegaX

OmegaX

• Members

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, this will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users