What if we played ZC on tablet?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

I was thinking, what if we played ZC on a phone, kindle, or iPad. Think about it. It will be kinda tricky, and fun. But we can still download quests on ZC. What if that was real?

#2 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

This has been brought up before. There is a possible work around for android I think. However ZC would have to be completely remade to work on mobile OS something I'm not sure the community as a hole would like to dedicate dev time towards.

#3 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

This has been brought up before. There is a possible work around for android I think. However ZC would have to be completely remade to work on mobile OS something I'm not sure the community as a hole would like to dedicate dev time towards.

Android you say? I used to had one. 

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

See this thread: http://www.purezc.ne...64#entry1010319

Tl;dr, it's technically possible, but a very specific device is required, and it's hard without a mouse/ keyboard which is required.

#5 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

See this thread: http://www.purezc.ne...64#entry1010319

Tl;dr, it's technically possible, but a very specific device is required, and it's hard without a mouse/ keyboard which is required.

It's not hard if you try without using a mouse or key, but using ur fingers on the screen.

• Anthus likes this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

That would be nice, but the thing is, to my knowledge, computer programs that were designed for computers don't inherit touch support just because they are being used on a tablet/ phone*. I could be wrong about that in a general sense, but everything that has been discussed about ZC points to needing a USB or blue tooth keyboard/ mouse to interface with the program, which in itself kind of makes it pointless to play on a tablet, if you have to use peripherals anyway (Just use a laptop for that). ZC also can't run on most of the CPUs used in tablets/ phones cause of compatibility issues. Emulating it is slow, and really, a small number of Intel based devices can run ZC at all.

Using the editor on mobile would be my biggest desire. I'd like drawing screens with my fingers like Mario Maker, but playing games on a touch screen only? No thanks. :P

Perhaps a dev/ more tech savvy person can shed some light on this.

EDIT: Hey, Zoria, if you read this, has anything come out of the other thread you made back in October? If not, it is understandable, but I'm curious is all. Also, maybe these two threads could be merged? We always get a "ZC on phones" thread every so often. :P

*Actually, Kivitoe confirmed touching does work in the other thread with double taps, but you'd still probably want a keyboard unless tapping a text box in ZQ will bring up the device's on-screen keyboard not unlike a message board. Something tells me though, that ZC itself would need some work to fully optimize this though. Hm.

• Matthew likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users