Okay, but seriously.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

How do you make a transparent background on a PNG file so it doesn't make a square around my avatar? I have paint, and graphicsgale, and am not getting another program just for this. I keep taking a transparent selection, and saving it as a PNG, but nope. It's annoying, how do you do it? I always thought white was the default transparent color anyway in Paint.

I just don't want my avatar to look like a white-square-shit-sandwich to dark theme users :P. Thanks.

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Paint.

Found your problem. :P You'll need a different program for that. Paint.net is the one I'd recommend, but I know lots of people prefer GIMP.

• Anthus and Matthew like this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

You know, that makes a lot more sense, cause the instructions I was reading were apparently for paint.net, but I kind of glossed over that and thought regular paint was cool. Thanks. I'll go ahead and use gimp, I forgot I had that already anyway. :)

EDIT: Searching for "paint.net" is interesting. I don't want to buy real paint, internet. :P

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

I highly recommend Paint.net. It is amazing for pixel art and regular art, and comes with more useful tools than Paint.

• Anthus likes this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, this is basically photoshop, to me, at least :P

EDIT: I actually like it better than Gimp, tbh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users