The Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#376 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

Anyone else bothered by Mario's mouth in the new game?

jofuKYo.pngmWhmbq4.png

Edited by thepsynergist, 13 January 2017 - 07:14 AM.

• Jared likes this

#377 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

Interesting to note that the portable display will support a more appropriate resolution of 1280x720p instead of that weird 854x480 resolution that the Wii U gamepad supported.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 13 January 2017 - 07:17 AM.

• Neppy likes this

#378 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:20 AM

I'm excited for the new Zelda because of this trailer, but that's all. Everything else was just meh and cringy. I mean, they're trying to promote motion controls as if it was 2006 all over again.

Also, wtf is with these prices?

I find them atrocious and even offensive to be honest. They clearly assume their fans don't even have a grain of sense of what things are worth. The dock is cheap hardware that's needed to connect the Switch to the tv, so I guess a near $100 price tag is justified to force your fans to pay premium if one ever breaks I suppose. Also, the prices of those controllers are unacceptable. They're clearly gonna try to squeeze every $$$ they can get out of this aren't they.

• Cukeman likes this

#379 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:34 AM

This is a launch title, guys.  You ready to milk?

#380 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

Nope. :P

I guess this is what they meant when they announced way back that the Switch would be a "quality of life" console or whatever they were boasting? lol

#381 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

Managed to preorder both the Nintendo Switch and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, even though they were running out of stock so quickly. I'm looking forward to the day I receive it! :)

#382 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

That said, don't pre order things, guys. It's a bad habit. In fact, look down at me for doing it. I suck.

I would but I did the same thing myself. :worried:

#383 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

I've become so jaded with game companies, I doubt I'll pre-order anything. Besides, Nintendo wants to make money off their new console, so I doubt it would take long for a depleted stock to replenish.

I know it's not the common opinion, but I'm not interested in the switch, really. It looks kinda awkward, gimmicky, and the prices for accessories are absurd. I'll just get BotW on the Wii U. I doubt I I'll ever pick up the switch, unless we get a lot of really good games.

#384 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

The Switch admittedly is not the best thing ever. I'm in love with it but I can criticize aspects of it. Like 32GB internal storage... that is the line where I admit Nintendo's a bit out of touch. Also showing off 1 2 Switch and ARMS with as much focus as they got but anyways. Maybe it'll be expandable somehow but that's just not enough! And yes, $70 for a Pro Controller is ridiculous! And RIP free online services. :(

But I'm still desperate for new Zelda, Mario, and Xenoblade so hi new system. :heh:

• Anthus and Matthew like this

#385 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

Geez, $70 for a Pro Controller? That's too much. Even half of that price is a bit too much.

After thinking about it, I'll wait to get a Switch because it seems like it's going to be the newest thing that's going to have stock shortages (Gamestop and Amazon are out of preorders already, and not helping is scalpers snatching up preorders just so they can sell them on eBay for $500-$600).

#386 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Maybe it'll be expandable somehow but that's just not enough! 

According to GameStop, it will support SD cards (which is also good news for the homebrew community :D)

Storage: Nintendo Switch has 32GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system, and has the option to expand its capacity using microSDXC or microSDHC memory cards.

Just tried to pre-order one, and wow, they are already sold out on every site. This is to be expected though, since I would assume they're still making the units, so they can only tell stores they have so much available. Furthermore, it's probably part of the hype train strategy, as it makes it look like the system is already the thing to have. :P But it is.

#387 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

According to GameStop, it will support SD cards (which is also good news for the homebrew community :D)

For a person who downloads games regularly off Steam, and currently have a 250gb SSD, a 1TB HDD, and a 4TB external HDD to be able to feel having a comfortable amount of space holding what I like, the concept of 32gb console with SD card support to me sounds horrible! Most games today are at least 20gb to 40gb on average each. lol

With that announcement, and the sheer price of it. Oh man, where I'm from this console will be at least $460 with taxes taken into account. That's way too much money to spend on an under-performing and "unproven" console. I will probably wait until the holiday of 2018 before even considering this now. 

• Matthew likes this

#388 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

The storage space is ridiculous. Skyrim on the Xbox One takes 22gb. Assuming it's around the same size for the Switch, that leaves you with 10gb left. So you get Skyrim and then what, a whole bunch of NES games? :P

#389 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

The storage space is ridiculous. Skyrim on the Xbox One takes 22gb. Assuming it's around the same size for the Switch, that leaves you with 10gb left. So you get Skyrim and then what, a whole bunch of NES games? :P

They even found a way to make NES games over a few megs, when the largest one ever made was on a 512KB cart. :P

#390 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

That's because the emulator is built into the ROM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users