Pokemon Sun and Moon

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#361 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

I finally got a shiney, it's an Exeggcute but I'm satisfied. Also got a Rowlet through Wonder Trade, which was a bit of a surprise.

Edit: Just did a GTS trade my level 32 haunter for another haunter, which I got a level 31 in return which of course as I wanted it evolved into Gengar. I never used it in past games but now I'm finding global trades very handy. Lots of people are willing to trade Pokémon that only evolve by trading.

I haven't tried out the GTS since Diamond and Pearl, but I've been addicted to Wonder Trades since X and Y. Sometimes I do nothing but wonder trades for an hour. It's so stupid, but I just can't get enough. In the earlier games I'd get a lot of obviously hacked pokemon too, like a shiny Deoxys. I don't care if it's hacked or not since I don't really play online ever, so for me this is perfect.

#362 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

I do have to say the GTS is significantly better than it was in Diamond/Pearl, you can filter out people who want legendaries, and while there are a ton of people who want max levels or rarities like Politoed, there are plenty of people who are posting really good deals. I've gotten some super good Pokemon in return for starters, and breeding the rarer species can get you most of what you want. I've even found people who traded legendaries and item-trade evolutions for Pokemon that can be obtained with a reasonable amount of effort.

I've started hunting down Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, I've got Pikipek, Abra, Elekid and Caterpie so far

Edited by Cukeman, 10 January 2017 - 02:30 PM.

#363 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

So S/M is my first time playing Pokemon since D/P, and I was really excited to finally try Alpha Sapphire demo since I loved the original Sapphire so much, but after playing S/M it's just so hard to look at. I don't like the look of the graphics, the cutified characters, and I really don't like what they've done to the soundtrack I always liked so much...

EDIT:

Another odd thing about S/M is that some of the text boxes are blurry while others are clear. I'm on a 2DS, so this isn't a 3D thing

Edited by Cukeman, 11 January 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#364 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

At last.

• Anthus, SpacemanDan and coolgamer012345 like this

#365 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

Apparently S/M 1.1 fixed Kadabra so he/she learns Confusion. That's a good thing.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder likes this

#366 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

I've been working on Island Scan collecting because why not. So far I only have Togekiss, Serperior, Samurott, Emboar, and Cyndaquil though.

• Cukeman likes this

#367 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

Just started Moon and it's pretty good so far. Just got to the first team skull encounter, and woww.

#368 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Oh yeah, Team Skull's in this game. I blocked them out of my mind already :)

Don't get me wrong, Sun and Moon is awesome, but for other reasons

#369 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

Been avoiding this thread for the most part due to spoilers, but got the game recently and I'm so far underwhelmed.

We've been needing some changes to the whole 8 Gyms + Elite 4 thing, but this setup just feels pretty empty with these trials. There's no real buildup to any of them and they feel randomly designed. The Totem Battles I absolutely despise as they just come down to who has the nuke + when they use it (Z-Move) or you have to grind your team because the Totem Pokemon will just sweep your entire team. I'm just at the Ghost Trail and had my entire team swept by Mimikyu because apparently it gets +6 Speed and + 6 Attack along with a billion defense and now have to grind my team up again. I guess I shouldn't of turned off the Exp. Share, but that thing makes it so underwhelming to raise Pokemon that I don't even want it in the game.

I'm hoping it gets better, but got another few hours to grind again before I try that trial again.

#370 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

What levels are your pokemon? I didn't go out of my way to grind, EXP Share off, and I never faced any major issues with any trial or totem pokemon except for in one of the later Grand Trials and that was because my team was weak to it.

Totem Mimikyu gets +1 in all stats except Evasion and Accuracy to boot, which contributes to it's attack and bulkiness. Exaggerating like what you are here is pretty dumb. You can see these stat boosts if you touch Totem Mimikyu on the lower screen. What is more the issue with Totem Mimikyu is that it has an amazing typing -  Nothing you can get in Aloha can resist it's STABs and it only has weaknesses to Ghost and Steel.

The team I had throughout the game:

• Litten (evolved into Incineroar. Did not evolve to Incineroar until after the Ghost trial)
  • Morelull (evolved into Shiinotic)
  • Pikipek (evolved into Toucannon, substituted for Toxapex after the Ghost trial. Pikipek/Trumbeak was useful for the first few trials, though Toxapex was amazing once trained).
  • Grubbin (eventually evolved into Vikavolt. Charjabug was useful for a while because of decent defenses and good defensive typing while Vikavolt proved to be extremely useful in the end)
  • Rockruff (evolved into Midday Lycanroc. Was generally good all round once evolved)
  • Crabrawler (evolved into an abomination of a pokemon en route to the end of the game, warning on this... Was irreplaceable early on)

Edited by Orithan, 19 January 2017 - 03:24 AM.

#371 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:25 AM

I just want Pokebank.  :cry:  I don't even care about other gens ATM I just need space to organize.

#372 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:01 AM

It's up if you're willing to pay $5 a year for it.  Or hack your 3DS and get the homebrew bank.

#373 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

It doesn't work with Sun and Moon until 1.3 (not up yet)

#374 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

What levels are your pokemon? I didn't go out of my way to grind, EXP Share off, and I never faced any major issues with any trial or totem pokemon except for in one of the later Grand Trials and that was because my team was weak to it.

Totem Mimikyu gets +1 in all stats except Evasion and Accuracy to boot, which contributes to it's attack and bulkiness. Exaggerating like what you are here is pretty dumb. You can see these stat boosts if you touch Totem Mimikyu on the lower screen. What is more the issue with Totem Mimikyu is that it has an amazing typing -  Nothing you can get in Aloha can resist it's STABs and it only has weaknesses to Ghost and Steel.

The team I had throughout the game:

• Litten (evolved into Incineroar. Did not evolve to Incineroar until after the Ghost trial)
  • Morelull (evolved into Shiinotic)
  • Pikipek (evolved into Toucannon, substituted for Toxapex after the Ghost trial. Pikipek/Trumbeak was useful for the first few trials, though Toxapex was amazing once trained).
  • Grubbin (eventually evolved into Vikavolt. Charjabug was useful for a while because of decent defenses and good defensive typing while Vikavolt proved to be extremely useful in the end)
  • Rockruff (evolved into Midday Lycanroc. Was generally good all round once evolved)
  • Crabrawler (evolved into an abomination of a pokemon en route to the end of the game, warning on this... Was irreplaceable early on)

Mid to high 30s. I forgot the stat check is a thing and my touchscreen has a lot of issues so I can't really do it too well regardless. Mimikyu must have really high Speed, Attack and both Defenses then if it is that OP at +1.

#375 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

I beat the game last week. My team currently stands as follows:

Oswald (Decidueye) - Level 67

Rory (Arcanine) - Level 65

Jinkies (Kommo-o) - Level 59

Archie (Archeops) - Level 66

Fiona (Milotic) - Level 60

Lulu (Vikavolt) - Level 68

I obtained Lulu as a Grubbin via a trade with a friend early on in the game. I'd been remarkably unsuccessful in my search for one for the Pokédex, and he was having trouble finding Pichu. Thus, we traded! Although I never planned to use Vikavolt, it just sort of fell into my team after I evolved it. That thing levels up fast

My Pokédex is at 94%. I can't imagine it will take too much longer to complete, at this rate.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Moon a lot. My only real complaint was the inverted day/night cycle, but changing my DS clock made for an easy fix. I'm considering buying Sun after I complete the Pokédex. Buying the second game isn't something I've ever done before but I really wouldn't mind playing through the game again with another team.

Also...Pokémon Bank is speculated to finally be updated within the next week, coupled with an update that will add the National Dex to the game.

*cracks knuckles*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users