Zelda Deluxe 4th Quest - Shattered Hearts

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Greetings everyone, it's time for the final leg of the strongest Link's journey to glory and Zelda's eternal freedom! Zelda Deluxe - 4th Quest: Shattered Hearts has been released just before. All nine dungeons from each of the three previous quests have been restored by Ganon, and some of them altered (not just locations of entrances). Items have been moved, shops closed down ... it's terrible! You can now only buy basic items in the shops such as the magic shield, keys for levels, super bombs and fairies or hearts. You can still also get capacity upgrades for arrows (quivers) and bombs (bomb bags). They are a lot more expensive now though, since there is nothing else to buy anymore. Everything is now hidden in one of the 28 dungeons ... yes, twenty-eight ... dungeons.

In each dungeon, you will find only ONE special item. If there were usually two or more items in a dungeon you might know from earlier, check out the secondary locations as well, you might find additional heart pieces! Fifty-two (52) of them are shattered all over the place, including the mirror. Welcome to the shattered hearts, oh strongest Link! icon_smile.gif

New Enemy (Updated in all previous quests as well): Aquamentus L2 - Cannot be killed by ordinary sword attacks! The color of his skin gives you a hint as to which weapon he might be vulnerable against. In the first quest, Aquamentus L2 will be the new boss of Level 7 and the Gohma L3 will go to Level 6 instead, kicking out the Manhandla L2 from there which is now only a miniboss. In the fourth quest, Aquamentus L2 will be encountered more than just once. Watch out!

New Item: Skull Ring - Red bubbles are no more of a horror for Link, as their jinx effects will turn temporary with this ring. Rumors say it will be available in one of the later (mirror hyrule) dungeons. By the way: The skull ring is replacing the item spot in the passive inventory of the wallet(s). Link will now start with the maximum capacity of 2500 rupees. Happy money-making! icon_smile.gif

New Combos: High-end damage spikes and walltraps will turn Link's life to hell in Level X and also in some of the Level 9 rooms ... watch out for these as well!

This is the initial release, so if you find any bugs ... please let me know! I have tested everything thoroughly, but as you know first-hand if you're doing quests yourself, bugs do slip through and I'm glad to get feedback if you spot one. And now, please have fun and enjoy the final Zelda Deluxe quest! icon_smile.gif

PS: And as usual, you find all other quests, most updated of course, in my signature. The PureZC quest database is not up-to-date by now. It usually takes a week or more for them to update.

~ Matthew Bluefox

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 01 March 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

thanks for another of your work Mathew,,good,,
I finished level 2 --1 -- now wheres is level 2 -2,,, finished level 3--1,,, level 3 -3 I was told is around the fairy pound
do I need the flute to open level 3-3 ?? ,,, where's that flute at???
thanks

#3 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

The flute is in a level you claim to have finished already. icon_smile.gif Check again if you missed something. ^^ Level 2-2 is the second quest Level 2 and it's where it's been in the original. That's why Level 3-3 had to move it's main entrance. And yes, you need the flute to open Level 3-3, correct. You also need it to open Level 3-2, by the way. Did you see Level 2-3 yet? There is an item you might want to pick up before engaging Level 3-3, hehe, or it might be a hellride. icon_smile.gif

Vravelo, thanks for playing all of my four quests so far. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 March 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Man, already stuck trying to find 1-3. Got a guess where it is, but I have no magic to use the candle.

I assume the blue ring is in one of the levels.

#5 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Oh ... wait a minute ... you're right. Let me check, I'll get back to you on this one.

PS: *bangs head on desk* I'm such an idiot, I uploaded the WRONG version. The right one is on the way.
Until then, there is definately no way to get to Level 1-3 ... I wonder how Vravelo was able to get to 2-1 and 3-1 without magic or bracelet. Did you cheat, Vravelo? *lol*

PPS: New file is in my signature now. Really sorry guys! Please re-download, and then you can eventually proceed to Level 1-3. Thanks for playing my fourth quest as well, Pixcalibur!

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 March 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#6 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

any clue for a hidden piece of heart ??? - I need just one to complete the whole five and get
the white sword which is dead"'
PS... burning around with my blue candle , found one already, but nee just one more piece"" icon_blink.gif

#7 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Vravelo, how did you get to Level 1-3 without any magic to use the candle on? icon_smile.gif It was a bug which is now fixed, but I wonder how you got around it before the fix was up. icon_wink.gif

The heart pieces are mostly in screens which you get heart containers in the first two quests, just not at the very same spot. Normal Hyrule HPC: Two are ladder-only, two are whistle-only and one is hammer-only. Two can be found under burnt bushes, while the remaining two are in bombable walls. One of the burnable bushes is close to the start, even closer than the usual heart piece screen (and that is tricky to find). So, you can find four heart pieces with bombs and the blue candle quite early and get five hearts and the white sword BEFORE entering Level 2-1 even. After Level 5-3, you should have ten full hearts and access to the magical sword.

#8 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Mathew I don't know how that happen I saw a red line where the magic bar supposed to go
I just started using my blue candle Also burned many spots around!
maybe this happened C'uz I'm using that lasted built released --think is RC5 or so..!
For the strength of this quest, I don't need to cheat ,, so I'm not cheating -- (((A least no yet icon_lol.gif )))
replaced the quest with the new one you just uploaded to you sigs
I'll keep fighting icon_blink.gif
-

QUOTE(Matthew Bluefox @ Mar 2 2013, 09:36 AM) View Post

Vravelo, how did you get to Level 1-3 without any magic to use the candle on? icon_smile.gif It was a bug which is now fixed, but I wonder how you got around it before the fix was up. icon_wink.gif

The heart pieces are mostly in screens which you get heart containers in the first two quests, just not at the very same spot. Normal Hyrule HPC: Two are ladder-only, two are whistle-only and one is hammer-only. Two can be found under burnt bushes, while the remaining two are in bombable walls. One of the burnable bushes is close to the start, even closer than the usual heart piece screen (and that is tricky to find). So, you can find four heart pieces with bombs and the blue candle quite early and get five hearts and the white sword BEFORE entering Level 2-1 even. After Level 5-3, you should have ten full hearts and access to the magical sword.

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Level 3 is down. Back to the excel spreadsheets to map out stuff. Luckily I'm fresh off the 3rd quest, so most stuff there I can remember.

So far, money only really used for bomb bag and quivers for the most part

#10 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

That's why the guy in Level 3-1 says, money is a minor issue in this quest, haha. icon_smile.gif Nice to see you're going strong, Pixcalibur! icon_smile.gif And Vravelo, no problem, lucky you then. icon_smile.gif

#11 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

icon_smile.gif

Hi Matthew

I am trying this quest also but does this work with Final Zc 2.5 ?

#12 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hi Judasrising!

It has been made with ZC 2.5 RC5 ... yes, and it says so in my signature. ^^ It definately works with the final 2.5 version.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 March 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#13 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Bluefox @ Mar 3 2013, 01:11 AM) View Post

Hi Judasrising!

It has been made with ZC 2.5 RC5 ... yes, and it says so in my signature. ^^ It definately works with the final 2.5 version.

Oh great , then i just play more icon_smile.gif just beat lvl 1-1 only icon_smile.gif

#14 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

So? What? No Triforce's in this game? Just finished level 1-1 and 1-2 and uploading the revised for 1-3 (I suppose that is where the triforce piece is). Having fun Thanks for the new game!!!

#15 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

The Triforce pieces are in the Levels 2-3 up to 9-3, but not in 1-3 ... and no Triforce pieces at all in the *-1 and *-2 levels. They are mainly here for item hidings and heart pieces guarded by the individual bosses. icon_smile.gif Level 9-3 is not the last level ... Level X is. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 March 2013 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users