What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#3976 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Dunno if this counts really, but I converted a bunch of old tileset entries that are saved as unusable graphic packs to usable quest files in 1.92 b183. I sent them to Moosh, so hopefully we can keep these older entries available. The quest files saved in the older version will open in newer versions of ZC, however, older graphics pack files cannot be opened in newer versions. If anyone has the means to run 1.90, or if you're a creator of an old tileset, I implore you to save it as a quest file to keep it up to date lest it be forgotten with the passing of ZC versions. :) 

• Jared and Naru like this

#3977 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Did some insane amount of ZC work today. Got a lot of Level 7 done for AR3 and I should be aiming to finish this by the end of next week!

• Shane, Deedee, Naru and 2 others like this

#3978 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

I have a wide variety of scripts, some of which you've already requested. Others are in the database. I also have plans to work on some things that I haven't made yet.

If you'd like a comprehensive list of the enemy script (which haven't been released) I can provide one.

Yes you can pm me a list ,i might find more cool enemies in that list.

#3979 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

24-hour quest.

Which I suppose makes this what I accomplished in the last two days in ZC.

#3980 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Yes you can pm me a list ,i might find more cool enemies in that list.

Actually, looking at my list of enemy scripts; I realized that most of the ones I haven't released aren't based on LTTP.

In fact, Arrghus and Mothula are the only ones not in the database. I believe I already sent you my Arrghus and Mothula was in the recent EOTM. Everything else is from another game, or is an original enemy.

Perhaps you'd prefer to look at a list of those, since it's considerably longer? Some are inspired by the foes in the 3d Zelda games.

I do have plans for a custom Trinexx in the future, though it won't entirely resemble the original. But that's still a ways from being created.

• judasrising likes this

#3981 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

Got another dungeon done (for the most part since there are some things I'll need help with).

It always gives me a boost of pride and satisfaction to finish a good dungeon mainly because I am happy with how each and every new dungeon is turning out. I wasn't very good at dungeon design before I played quests like Isle of Rebirth and Forbidden City, so to find myself today producing at least very competent dungeons makes me feel much better and confident than I ever was before with Zelda Classic.

It also feels very satisfactory because each dungeon is time consuming and quite a challenge to craft and just it just feels very accomplishing to get it done right. 

• Anthus likes this

#3982 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

I always favored dungeon designing, but overworlds can be fun. I laid down some more screens for my, uh, 124 hour quest (which, spoiler, is one massive dungeon).

#3983 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

I finished a waterlogged rapids area. I think I've finally figured out what I want to do with my next quest. The recent screens I've posted here are probably gonna be recycled into what I'm working on now.

Spoiler

Edited by Matthew, 30 March 2017 - 05:47 PM.

• Anthus, Eddy and Jared like this

#3984 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

Spent almost the whole day working on AR3 and it was quite worth it in the end. I managed to finish off Level 7 and I'm now working on the path to Level 8. I imagine I'll get Level 8 started in a few days or so since there's quite a bit to do before even getting anywhere close to Level 8 in terms of story and overworld stuff :P

• Avaro likes this

#3985 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Guess that discord's doing its job.

Finished turning my 24-hour quest into a 36-hour quest. Gonna give it one more run-through tomorrow and that should be it. Then I just have to wait for the contest to end so I can actually post it :P

• Eddy, grayswandir, Matthew and 1 other like this

#3986 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

I'm working on a secret quest project, and I've spent the last hour or so working on a dungeon. The dungeons will be (hopefully) better than in Another Land, trust me.

(by the way, this project isn't the Generic Quest remake I posted a screenshot of a while ago)

Edited by Bombos, 03 April 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#3987 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

Today I finished off the things needed to access Level 8 in AR3 (massive thanks to Polaris for some amazing graphics for one area). Still waiting on a few more things before one area is fully completed, but I might get started on the dungeon tomorrow or at a later date while I wait. I've also been beta testing another quest alongside quest making :P

• Shane and Matthew like this

#3988 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

Finished up primary worked on a scripted minimap system. It's very touchy and somewhat hardcoded; but it works. Behold!

PtaS5u4.png

I still need further testing to make sure there aren't any ways to break it, but otherwise I'm glad that particular problem is behind me.

• judasrising, Jared, UZF and 1 other like this

#3989 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

So far, I have been working on creating a level 1 for a quest I started inspired by Dark Souls' world building.

Created the borders of the level, working on the puzzles and overall layout of the main part of the level now, starting with a drawing. Afterwards, I'll decorate the indivudual screens. I want to finish level 1 today and work on another one.

#3990 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

[removed]

I started working on a demo quest for Thunderbird, my custom BS Zelda tileset, again. My demo quest is slightly more imaginative than a remake of Zelda 1, but only just. I'm transposing Z1 stuff on a heavily modified LTTP-inspired overworld. The map here is far from complete. It mostly has shapes blocked in, which I will detail further later. Eventually, I will have this map completed. Then I will work on the next one. There will be 4 total overworld maps, obviously, because LTTP's map takes up 4 times as much space as Z1's, give or take a map.

EDIT:

Vot9Pfa.png

Some more progress.

Edited by Alestance, 12 April 2017 - 10:58 PM.

• Russ, Eddy, Sheik and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users