I need a help for the script.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:45 PM

Hi i'm Cedric but all my friends call me Red... i need a help for my quest project. You see... i was working on my game (The Legend Of Zelda the dark treasure) but i have somes problem.  I was already the freefrom shutters but weeks agos  the freefrom shutters doesn't work now. i don't know the problem i was put the shutter on the Script 1. it's was working before but it's no work now... so i need a help for the Oracle of Age/Seasons shutters style scripts to continue my project but i have an other problem... I can't do any scripts because it's no work ever if i copy the right code... i also need a lavapits and a pits scripts. I also need more scripts but i will notice what i need more.

#2 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hi huh... i need a help for the script. 

1- Oracle of Ages/Seasons shutters script style.

2- Lavapit, and pits scripts.

3- Mini boss portal scripts. (Appears after defeat the mini boss) 

4- Custom boss and battle phases scripts.

5- Events scripts (i will tell you)

6- messages scripts (talks with peoples or read signs) 

7- flamethrower scripts. 

8- earthquake scripts. 

It's for my quest (The Legend Of Zelda the Dark Treasure) i need helps with thoses scripts because i cannot do any scripts because whatever i do they send me a error ever if i do the good codes... (also i have a problem with previous shutters scripts and i need to replace it.) thanks for reading i hope you will help me. 

i will send you the quest on the private messages

Edited by Cedric, 20 September 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#3 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

7- flamethrower scripts. 

8- earthquake scripts. 

It's for my quest (The Legend Of Zelda the Dark Treasure) i need helps with thoses scripts because i cannot do any scripts because whatever i do they send me a error ever if i do the good codes... (also i have a problem with previous shutters scripts and i need to replace it.) thanks for reading i hope you will help me. 

i will send you the quest on the private messages

Hm do you have all those scripts?

i could help you to setup some of those

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

These two are global scripts that must be combined into one file for them to work.

You actually don't need a script for this. It can be done with regular screen secrets and room state carry-overs.

People will be unlikely to answer boss requests. Custom bosses are one of the most sought after types of scripts and they can also be the most complex. People can spend months on a boss. You'd be wise to look at ghost.zh, enemy-combine, and bigenemy scripts, and show people that you are able to learn these things cause a firm grasp on one or all of those will be required on your end. ;)

Same as above. However depending on the complexity of the events you may not need a script cause room secrets, and screen carry-overs can be used here too.

This is an easy FFC script. It exists in the script database already. It's a good beginner script.

7- flamethrower scripts.

8- earthquake scripts.

These are possible, but people will need more details in order to know exactly what you need.

Replies in bold. The most important thing is to be clear, and polite with your requests. Honestly, people are less likely to help newcomers with lots of requests like this unless they've shown that they can understand some basic ZC benchmarks.

I don't know how much programming knowledge you have, but if you need this much help it might be good to scale down the scripts you think you need. Start smaller, and learn the basics. You'll be helping yourself too, cause you'll have more fun and be more likely to finish it if you start small. :)
  • Avaro likes this

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

the bigger problem it's i'm not very good on the scripts :/ that why i need a help. but i can give you my quest i no put a password yet. i was working on the 7th dongeon (Time Temple) but it's when i started to get the shutters problems. For the event i means what happens on the dongeon exemple you find a door somewhere on the dongeons and you cannot open it until you defeat the boss to get on the next room etc 

Edited by Cedric, 21 September 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#6 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

I was already the freefrom shutters but weeks agos  the freefrom shutters doesn't work now. i don't know the problem i was put the shutter on the Script 1. it's was working before but it's no work now...

If scripts stop working, there are two likely causes.

Are you putting all the scripts together in one file? If you're only compiling one at a time, they won't work. They all have to be compiled together. If you load a script, then you compile a second script later without including the first one, the first one will be unloaded, even though it looks like it's still there.

Sometimes when you add a script to a quest, saved games become invalid, and that may cause scripts to stop working. When you add new scripts, start a new game.

#7 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

i don't exactly know to be honest 

Edited by Cedric, 21 September 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#8 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

For Anthus: I need the flametrower script because i want use the wall with face to relase flames like Link Awakening and the only way to pass it it's the Mirror Shield to progress to the secret dongeon ''Tower Of Darkness (on the Death Mountain ) and to the final level (Ganon's Castle). And the earthquake script for if we solve a puzzle (on the Ganon Castle) exemple for the lava level used by the Ganon's statues, create the trap where a giant rock fall to progress on the secret dongeon (on the sideview gravity) and other events can cause the earthquake. 
And for the mini boss portal where i must do for that and talks with peoples or read signs ? 

Edited by Cedric, 21 September 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

Here is Joe123's signpost/ npc script. In ZC, use the "~" key to show the grid so your FFC is directly on top of the sign, or character, otherwise it won't work.

http://www.purezc.ne...e=scripts&id=98

And as Saffith said, make sure to include this in your main script file, and don't import it seperately cause it will unload your other scripts from the quest, causing serious issues.

As for the boss teleport, I can explain it later but I have to go for now. It's way easier than you'd think though, and should not require a script if I'm understanding your needs correctly.

#10 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

huh... i have problem the script no work. 

Edited by Cedric, 22 September 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:39 AM

Can you post the error message? Did you atatch it to an ffc and place it and set the arguments for a string, and button to press?

#12 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

well it's always send me that error 

''Unable to parse instruction 1 from script (whatever the name and the script format) 
The error was: invalid instruction!
The command was (Script)  (Signpost{,)'' (or other)
it's the same if i use the correct script

Edited by Cedric, 22 September 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#13 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

It's ZScript, but you tried to load it as ASM. You want Quest -> Scripts -> Compile ZScript...

#14 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

it's too much confuse for me i'm not very good on the script :/ 

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

This is the script buffer in the quest you sent me:

Cqgth87.png

It looks like you may have re-compiled, and removed something. This might sound complicated, but when importing scripts, it is best to keep them in seperate files, and have one "master file" that you add scripts into. It would looks something like this in the zscript buffer (Quest-> Scripts-> Compile ZScript):
import "std.zh" //Include this only one time. If it is here, you won't need it in each script you import.
import "scripts\signpost.z"
import "scripts\itempickup.z"
import "scripts\Attatch.z"
import "scripts\itempickup2.z"
Importing the whole script(s) into the buffer directly will get messy, and be confusing. Furthermore, this example won't do anything if you try to use it unless you have these files, and use the same file path, so you'll have to make your own.

For your quest, you'd want something like this, but make sure the file path is right (from the ZC folder).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users