Photo

Sonic Mania

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#61 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

I'm quite fine with a CD-style soundtrack but this remix is pretty solid.

#62 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

I can already tell this soundtrack will be an instant classic. I'm sure the game will be too. :P

• Rambly likes this

#63 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:20 AM

One thing that gets my concern about this, for the pc port, is how well it will work upon release with most processors.  Anyone notice the growing trend of, for example, games not liking Intel processors and crashing a lot?  I'd hate to see something like this crash and burn because of technical difficulties like that.

Edited by Koh, 20 August 2016 - 07:20 AM.

#64 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:45 AM

I haven't seen anything about Intel CPU's being a cause of an issue and that this is becoming a common scenario.

#65 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Now, as this is a planned multiplatform title, you'd think this would be a non-issue, and they'd have everything setup in a way that prevents this sort of thing from happening.  But there are recent examples of things where this kind of stuff happened anyway, like with Overwatch.

There are some minimum standards across hardware and software that are the same (for example, the order in which things happen to start and draw a program window, before the program routines start happening), but what can change across hardware and software is the implementation of everything else, which is where incompatibility can come in.  Some programs might make use of specific routines to an AMD processor, for example, and so if you're an Intel processor user, it won't know what to do and crashes.  

You wouldn't normally have this kind of concern with a game, but since it's been happening more often lately, it's got me concerned.

#66 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

None of those Overwatch issues has anything to do with Intel CPU's though. The closest problem related to Intel CPU's is a driver issue (Upgrade drivers if game isn't using the dedicated video card).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 20 August 2016 - 11:06 AM.

#67 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

Maybe not the hardware, but the driver is still related to that specific brand, which is my point.  Wouldn't it suck to be excited to play this, have it downloaded and such, and then you try to run it and it constantly crashes, even with up to date drivers?

#68 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

This is Taxman we're talking about. The guy who made the flawless remake of Sonic CD for PC, using the engine he created. The same engine is likely being used for Mania, or at least a modified version. I have zero doubt it will run well on PC.

#69 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

Quite late on this, but this is looking pretty good already. Kinda excited to see how this is gonna go since I always liked the classic Sonic genesis games.

• Cukeman likes this

#70 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

This game was just confirmed for Switch. Good news for me.

• Neppy and Cukeman like this

#71 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

Got a real nice animation here... and a date: August 15th.

• Cukeman likes this

#72 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

The trailer didn't mentioned anything about exclusive pre-order bonuses. The current practices when it comes to pre-ordering has gotten so bad that i get happy when i see a pre-order with no exclusive bonuses.

• The Satellite likes this

#73 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Love the Sonic CD and Sonic & Knuckles references (my #1 and #2 favorite games in the series).

#74 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Was gonna try and get the Switch version but then I realized this exists so I may just opt for the PC version.

• Shane and Jenny like this

#75 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

Seeing that new trailer has gotten me hyped for the game, especially after seeing that Stardust Speedway and Flying Battery will make a return. I'm a big fan of classic Sonic, with CD and 3&K being my favourites. I can't wait to see how they'll handle Stardust Speedway. Will the music be the Past theme? Will it be a mix of all the themes? Will the zone just stick with the Past variant of the stage, or will every act have a different time period? As you can see, I'm very hyped.

• Cukeman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users