• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:29 PM

IPB Image

Miles/Tails can totally PWN Sonic! He's so much faster! Look! He can gather 317 rings AND finish Marble Zone Act 1 in SIXTEEN SECONDS! BURN SONIC!

I'm sure you're played this hack before, if not I suggest you find Sonic Remastered.

Edited by Alestance, 20 June 2008 - 11:30 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

Please tell me where to find that! I love Tails! He is much better than Sonic, and playing through with him sounds awesome!

#3 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

Google is your friend. icon_razz.gif

Also, Super Tails ftw!

Just so you know, if you have the 6 chaos emeralds(I already did, because I finished the game once already) the big rings at the end of the stage count for 50 rings. They carry to the next act, and even zone.

By the end of Green Hill I have over 300 rings, End of Marble: 400, End of Spring Yard: 500: End of Labyrinth: 700, end of starlight about 850. By the time I get to the final zone, I have about 800 rings and a score of OVER NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND!

Just look for Sonic Remastered.

Edited by Alestance, 20 June 2008 - 11:41 PM.

#4 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

How did I miss this? I lurk at a Sonic community that revolves around reverse engineering at random points, but I apparently still missed this. icon_sweat.gif

It's really amazing how far the hacking (if it can even be called that anymore) community has come. I remember when people were doing savestate editing. I also messed with hex from the actual ROMs a tiny bit (with no usable results). Now people are using ASM to pretty much reprogram the games however they like (within hardware specifications?). I really don't know much about what those people do... I'm just amazed it can be done.

I'm rambling again.

As far as playing through Sonic 1 with characters you shouldn't, I played another hack that did such a thing. It makes stuff way too easy. The same with Knuckles. icon_razz.gif

#5 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

You should try Sonic 1 Megamix if you haven't already. Its a VERY sweet deal. I'm impatiently awaiting the next version to come out.

Its almost hard to believe this is still Sonic One.

In Megamix, the case is that Mighty is the ultimate cheat. Since their are plenty of rings, and usually at least two of each shield per stage. You get two lightning shields and you can endlessly climb the skies.

You keep switching between the two lightning shields and you can just keep bouncing up and up. However, you lose 5 rings per switch, so it does come at a cost.

Edited by Alestance, 21 June 2008 - 12:24 AM.

#6 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jun 21 2008, 01:19 AM) View Post

You should try Sonic 1 Megamix if you haven't already. Its a VERY sweet deal. I'm impatiently awaiting the next version to come out.

Its almost hard to believe this is still Sonic One

Yeah. I've played Megamix before. I haven't played the latest public version though (the last one I played was 2.0... I think). I keep getting preoccupied by college. I've also not reconfigured my Wiimote+Classic Controller combo for my laptop yet. It's the only way I know how to play emulated games, anymore. icon_razz.gif

Still. Megamix is really sweet. icon_drool.gif

#7 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jun 21 2008, 01:19 AM) View Post

Its almost hard to believe this is still Sonic One.
QUOTE(Video Description)
What you will notice, however, is a nice surprise near the end--a brand new, completely custom boss! Programmed by jman2050 and designed by Chimpo,
Well how about that.

#8 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

You know I didn't really read the discription. I never do, unless it explains whats going on when the video can't. The video truely speaks for itself. As for jman2050 helping with Megamix. I knew this for some time, as he said something in the chat when we were talking about it some time ago. Remember, jman2050 is AGN's resident sonic fan.

Edited by Alestance, 21 June 2008 - 11:38 AM.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

jman helped program it? Neat.

#10 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jun 21 2008, 12:37 PM) View Post

As for jman2050 helping with Megamix. I knew this for some time, as he said something in the chat when we were talking about it some time ago. Remember, jman2050 is AGN's resident sonic fan.

I've known that for a while, too. Also, I seem to be becoming friends with Tweaker, the apparent leader, quickly. icon_razz.gif Sometimes, he may seem like a bit of a jerk, but when you get to know him, he's kinda nice.. :o

Also, that boss was awesome. I like how the very first hit makes you think he's defeated. XD

#11 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

On Sonic the hedgehog classics games Tails cannot dies because when he falls out of the level or when he ''die'' or when he drown, he always reappear i always wondered if in classic games Tails is immortal or if in classic game Tails doing a cheat.

#12 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

Cedric, you realize this is a 9 year old topic right?

• Jenny likes this

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

Yeah... this topic's nine years old, and was talking about a specific rom hack. The image that was being discussed doesn't even exist anymore. I'm gonna go ahead and lock this topic. Cedric, in the future, you should probably look at when the last post in a topic was. As detailed here, we don't have a strict rule against gravedigging, but we do ask that if you post in a very old thread, you bring something to contribute to it.
  • Binx likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users