Big Update & Summer Break Announcement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Realizing not everybody follows my discord servers, and of course not everybody is a beta tester, most of you are probably feeling completely in the dark on where these quests even stand, and may have even been worried. With that said, I have great news for you then.

I've actually been insanely busy with both this quest and HR this year. My son started school this year, which gave me much more freedom to build on my quests at a much faster pace. It's also these quests that are the reason I have been streaming much less this year. Between this quest and HR, I've nearly completed a total of 3 dungeons over the past few months.

I've also been able to add a few new towns, and a few cutscenes into TRIFORCE as well.

Three dungeons and a few towns and areas between two quests doesn't sound like much for what's considered almost a year full of work, however, I will say that I really prefer making very large dungeons, and these 3 dungeons are perhaps the largest dungeons I've made so far. One of the two new TRIFORCE dungeons (3rd dungeon was in my other quest) was actually featured in the trailer I released in this quest months ago.

As we speak, I am currently putting the final touches into Level 4 of TRIFORCE, which is the game's main water dungeon. Final touches will mainly include sideview screens since this dungeon is more top-down focused with sideview screens being the afterthought here (some dungeons focus heavier on sideview screens as it's core experience).

Over the years, I've been studying what made the dungeons in the games like Forbidden City and Isle of Rebirth so great, and I feel I've developed a "dungeon formula" that captures well what made those dungeons so great, and according to quest staff and fan feedback, these dungeons are turning out great. With such large complex dungeons, it's no wonder this quest is taking years to complete.

But don't worry, I have no plans to put this quest on hiatus. Granted, my earlier update of "I can't make promises" is still in effect, because I've completely surrendered on the time of others. These quests are only possible if me and my staff can work together to make it possible. But I promise I will do everything that is in my own personal effort to make it work.

With all that said, after I finish this dungeon, which I believe I'll either have done by the early part of June, I'll be taking another summer break away from Zelda Classic since these breaks are the main thing that prevents me from having quest development burnout. It's these breaks I feel are important to even make these quests even possible.

This has been a great year, and I've made so much progress. I'm almost excited to see what next year will bring.

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 8 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users