Lumins and Shades

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Hello friends! Since I released my last quest, I've been working on a game of my own: Lumins and Shades.

You can check it out here: www.luminsandshades.com

UPDATE: And, you can get a demo for the game here: https://theonly0.itc...and-shades-demo

The reason I post this here is that I think people who have enjoyed my quests will enjoy this game as well. While Lumins and Shades is not an action game like Zelda Classic can be, I am applying many things I have learned over my years spent using and playing ZC. In particular, I am aiming for the kind of flow where puzzles continue to stay interesting as you progress through the game by introducing many natural mechanics throughout the game and compounding them in surprising ways. Of course, I've learned a thing or two about puzzle design itself along the way as well.

To those who were put off by apparent obscurity of secrets and lack of direction in A Tribute to Yeto's Quest, I can assure you that Lumins and Shades in no way follows this paradigm. It is a much much more straight-forward game. However, the spirit of teaching the player mechanics through design rather than text is something that holds here. This is something I have spent a lot of time on by iterating and improving the basic puzzles.

If this seems at all interesting to you, or even if you just want to support me/anyone from the ZC community working on game development, voting for the game on Steam Greenlight would be a huge help! Going the extra mile and leaving a comment would also be awesome. =)
Open Greenlight in your browser

Open Greenlight in the Desktop Client

Let me know what you think. I'm always open to feedback and looking for ways to improve the game.

Edited by TheOnlyOne, 16 June 2017 - 01:43 PM.

• Shane, Avaro, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

Looks like the kind of game I'd like. I'd vote for this on greenlight but apparently I don't have permission for that until I spent at least 5 USD. xd

• Shane likes this

#3 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

Hi again! Good news here. Lumins and Shades has been Greenlit, and, maybe more immediately important, there is a demo released!

If you want to check it out, you can get it here: https://theonly0.itc...and-shades-demo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users