Difference between Amulets?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Does anyone know what the difference is, between a Level 1 Amulet item, and a Level 2 Amulet?

Amulets reveal invisible enemies, but i don't know how level 2 powers it up.

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

There's no functional purpose to it.

It's likely a placeholder that never got removed.

You could perhaps get creative with scripts. Amulets don't currently reveal enemies that are truly invisible - only the blurred ones you get by marking a room with invisible enemies. Maybe somebody could come up with a reveal-truly-invisible-enemies script to attach to it.

But for now, just disregard it.

• Zagut likes this

#3 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

I think Dark Nation's old intention was to make it reveal Gannon, but it never happened (although some scripted quests have had a visible Gannon by other means). Citation needed, though.

Edited by Mitsukara, 23 April 2017 - 08:04 PM.

• Zagut likes this

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

I think the different amulets are similar to the Whisp Ring in concept, how the L1 Whisp Ring makes you immune to temporary bubbles and renders permanent bubbles temporary only, and the L2 Whisp Ring makes you immune to both.

The L1 Amulet makes "L1 Invisible" (Not actually a concept yet) visible and the similarly non-existent L2 Invisible enemies to have that cloaked effect, and the L2 Amulet would render all invisible enemies fully visible.

So there would've been a second, more substantial form of enemy invisibility where they wouldn't even leave that shimmery cloaking effect behind.

If memory serves, of course. It's been quite a while.
  • Zagut likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users