Photo

Screenshot of the Week 587

Sheik Dimentio Zaxarone Plutia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 587 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

Dimentio

Dimentio.png

Brace yourselves, Winter is coming. (Again, inspired by a quest I am beta testing. Shoutouts to Mitsukara, for making an excellent game)

Zaxarone

Zaxarone.png

Strange markings on the floor suggest a musical solution...

Sheik

Sheik.png

[v][>][<][v][>][<]

Plutia

Plutia.png

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:05 PM

Voted for Sheik. Very nice use of BS.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

Lots of wonderful shots, each nail what they're going for. But I went with Dimentio simply because it looks like ALBW got a Z1 demake.

I was going to vote for Sheik, but the subtle mountain errors on top left and right mountains and the GB roots kind of killed the mood to an otherwise perfect screen. Plutia's is a bit too green, but the design is nice. Zaxarone's is interesting and the design is good, but it didn't pull as much depth as Dimentio's dungeon did. Still looks like a fun dungeon.

#4 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:44 AM

Plutia is a solid screen but the neon-green only is a bit overkill for me. Dimentio made me a bit confused at first with the height levels, but after I got is I can't understand my own mistake. Why the black line below the four bright blue lines in the lower right. Also the candle one the left is no help since the connection between wall and the moved up areas is for me the best indicator that the upper and lower part have the same height. Zaxarone is again a bit empty but the screen looks great. All the red and orange make the subscreen really chaotic though. I completely fell for Sheik this time, not so sure about the GB-roots though.

#5 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

I like Dimentio's screenshot. It is quite unique! I like the two different "levels" in the screen, adds a nice touch...

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Dimentio - Once again, another really nice classic shot. I still really love those ice tiles and the sense of depth in this screen is really good. Nice job.

Zaxarone - Pretty decent shot. I really like the subscreen, though I do think the screen itself is a little empty with not a whole lot going on. Maybe add more pots or ice or something to make it look more diverse (if that makes any sense lol).

Sheik - Very beautiful shot here. I love the overall atmosphere you're going for and I especially love the use of the BS Tileset. I got no complaints other than the GB roots which look a little odd since I always thought they suited more for a swamp setting rather than a forest setting. Other than that, good job.

Edit: On closer inspection, I noticed that mountain on the top-left is looking really weird and has quite a bit of tile errors. Probably fixing up that mountain a bit can make things look much nicer.

Plutia - I like what you got going here, but like I've mentioned elsewhere, the mix of GB and Koten doesn't look very good IMO. Other than that, the setting is pretty nice and I do like that green palette.

Overall, I voted for Sheik this week.

• Avaro likes this

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

Dimentio- The chest looks like it doesn't match the other graphics because it's barely outlined. Would have liked to see Link in this screen.

Zaxarone- A bit empty, and the logic of the column placement is odd, usually columns are centered or evenly spaced  along walls to support the weight above- here they just visually block the stair paths. All the colors going on in the subscreen are distracting.

Sheik- There is a lot of perspective clash between the exterior ALttP/BS-style view depicting mostly the south-facing side of mountain walls and the typically interior top-down perspective on the log tunnels.

Plutia- I like the layout and the idea, color isn't bad if you're going for a retro feel. Voted.

Edited by Cukeman, 30 November 2016 - 10:53 AM.

• Naru likes this

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

With 65.79% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 587 is Sheik!

Sheik.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Dimentio (4 votes [10.53%])

- Zaxarone (4 votes [10.53%])
- Sheik (25 votes [65.79%])
- Plutia (5 votes [13.16%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sheik, Dimentio, Zaxarone, Plutia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users