Zelda Classic Frame Bug

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

I've been noticing this while I play quests. Moosh has mentioned that this happens only to users who play on Windows 10. He says it has to do with frames, but ZC does say I'm running at 60fps, and I do have a computer that should certainly run it.

What happens is when I attack enemies, they disappear for a brief moment and that's kinda almost ruining the enjoyment of Zelda Classic for me a bit. Wizzrobes become especially cheap because you only see them half of the time.

Has anybody noticed this behavior and have any advice how to fix it? 

#2 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Do you have vsync enabled?

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Well, I was told since uncapping is technically disabling vsync, I wouldn't dare do so considering how ungodly fast uncapping tends to be. :P

#4 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:00 AM

Uncapping is unrelated to vsync. You might want to try toggling various options and see if any of them help. There's also a Windows 10 thread around somewhere that might have info about compatability settings.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:14 AM

Well, I was told since uncapping is technically disabling vsync, I wouldn't dare do so considering how ungodly fast uncapping tends to be. :P

Is this while you are streaming/recording, or not streaming/recording?

We have a test build with fixes for Win 10 that you might want to try.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 24 February 2017 - 05:15 AM.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

I use various versions of ZC for Lets Plays, depending on the ones that are recommended by quest authors actually, so I haven't tested which versions this will happen in, I know for certain in happens in ZC 2.50.2

Also, I'll be honest I don't even know how to edit ZC settings to turn off vsync and stuff. I know it has something to do with allegro or whatever, but I've never even tried it actually. 

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:32 PM

I use various versions of ZC for Lets Plays, depending on the ones that are recommended by quest authors actually, so I haven't tested which versions this will happen in, I know for certain in happens in ZC 2.50.2

Also, I'll be honest I don't even know how to edit ZC settings to turn off vsync and stuff. I know it has something to do with allegro or whatever, but I've never even tried it actually.

Let me clarify: Do you also encounter this if you are not streaming or recording?

This can be caused by video capture rates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users