For Whom the Seasons Cycle - development announcement

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#151 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

I DO NOT have the wand upgrade to activate the candle in that warp.  Where can I get that item so I can activate the candle?

Ah now i see you need the book,and the book is located from town go north in spring if i remember it right to a house use wand on statue there.

easthard

Edited by judasrising, 20 November 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#152 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:03 AM

Ah now i see you need the book,and the book is located from town go north in spring if i remember it right to a house use wand on statue there.

easthard

I did notice something on the statue when I active the lens.  However, when I try using the wand on it, nothing is happening.  I hope that I haven't encountered a bug.  Can send you my stave state if you need it.   

#153 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

I did notice something on the statue when I active the lens.  However, when I try using the wand on it, nothing is happening.  I hope that I haven't encountered a bug.  Can send you my stave state if you need it.   

ah you might need the first book also. i check that up for you

okay here we go: the first book is if you leave town in Autumn to the west you should see stairs just before Westhard and you need the hammer

Edited by judasrising, 20 November 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#154 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

ah you might need the first book also. i check that up for you

okay here we go: the first book is if you leave town in Autumn to the west you should see stairs just before Westhard and you need the hammer

Ah, overlooked the staircase here.  Finally got it.  Finally can continue onward. 

#155 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

Ah, overlooked the staircase here.  Finally got it.  Finally can continue onward. 

Great,good luck

#156 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Not going to waste my time doing new game +.  Ludacris that bosses re-spawn in the game (ex: spring dungeon the screen where you need to use the shovel to reveal the switch, then push a block over it) again Ludacris the difficulty. .  Also, I'm not sure what the point is really if you have tons of different endings if the game isn't going to "track" them; but instead start all over.

Any readers actually beat game +?  I would like to see a video walkthrough of it....

#157 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

I just beat winter and spring season dungeons on NewGame+. I fell winter dungeon is easiest. After got a sword item and a blue hat, beating winter dungeon isn't hard even on NewGame+. Spring dungeon is hard on NewGame+.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 20 November 2016 - 08:20 PM.

• judasrising likes this

#158 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

Not going to waste my time doing new game +.  Ludacris that bosses re-spawn in the game (ex: spring dungeon the screen where you need to use the shovel to reveal the switch, then push a block over it) again Ludacris the difficulty. .  Also, I'm not sure what the point is really if you have tons of different endings if the game isn't going to "track" them; but instead start all over.

Any readers actually beat game +?  I would like to see a video walkthrough of it....

yes i beat NewGame+ many deaths and found all heart pieces.I still have one area left todo must figure out how to enter that area.

#159 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

There aren't different endings, if you mean the eight routes in the end. The end after them isn't affected by which you took. They aren't exactly to live through each, only so that the player gets a customized final dungeon depending on actions throughout the game. New Game+ is like an Armageddon version for the hardcore. It's not a problem if you do not like it, it's really just an extra. I didn't recall having New Game+ in any quests, so I made one.

There are 2+1 endings, only. The normal, the new game+ and the special alternate to the normal one.

Actually, if I ever started on a BBVI, the new game+ ending would have been continued. It's feeling would have been much like in CoP, just maybe even more outlandish.

If anybody ever gets interested, I could tell how the series would have continued, since I wouldn't ever start on continuing it anymore anyway. It's sure the following episodes would have been 1000 times better, both considering design/gameplay and story. Looking back, especially to BB, I just don't even... But don't misunderstand, it was godly in comparison when I started, and probably at its release, too, but... Who knew. Surely, if I foresee in 2006, I just make a few almost basic quests and move on.

Aaaaand here we go, I again made a library length post when I planned only a few sentences.

Best press the post button before...

#160 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

There aren't different endings, if you mean the eight routes in the end. The end after them isn't affected by which you took. They aren't exactly to live through each, only so that the player gets a customized final dungeon depending on actions throughout the game. New Game+ is like an Armageddon version for the hardcore. It's not a problem if you do not like it, it's really just an extra. I didn't recall having New Game+ in any quests, so I made one.

There are 2+1 endings, only. The normal, the new game+ and the special alternate to the normal one.

Actually, if I ever started on a BBVI, the new game+ ending would have been continued. It's feeling would have been much like in CoP, just maybe even more outlandish.

If anybody ever gets interested, I could tell how the series would have continued, since I wouldn't ever start on continuing it anymore anyway. It's sure the following episodes would have been 1000 times better, both considering design/gameplay and story. Looking back, especially to BB, I just don't even... But don't misunderstand, it was godly in comparison when I started, and probably at its release, too, but... Who knew. Surely, if I foresee in 2006, I just make a few almost basic quests and move on.

Aaaaand here we go, I again made a library length post when I planned only a few sentences.

Best press the post button before...

I would be interested although I only saw one ending from FFV; so I'm not sure which ending you would continue from.  You probably could get someone else to make it, just tell them what you would like to happen next.    The first two were my favorites to play. 

In the meantime, I decided to return to BBV new game+ and I am making some progress but I am not exactly sure how to get past the dragon in the winter dungeon since I am trying to do the winter/spring w/o the sword.  I was thinking you need to get the hammer from the fall dungeon but I don't know how to get to the fall dungeon w/o a sword. 

I will admit I cheated in getting the hookshot.  Instead of trying to jump around trees (I couldn't do it in summer but was able to in spring), I jumped into the water, went down a screen, fell into water, and was able to get a new jump in when my character returned to where she entered and was able to get another jump in. 

#161 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:52 AM

Without a sword or a hammer, you can beat winter dungeon, you can pass through a invisible secret way in that gleeok room.

#162 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

I would be interested although I only saw one ending from FFV; so I'm not sure which ending you would continue from.  You probably could get someone else to make it, just tell them what you would like to happen next.    The first two were my favorites to play. 

In the meantime, I decided to return to BBV new game+ and I am making some progress but I am not exactly sure how to get past the dragon in the winter dungeon since I am trying to do the winter/spring w/o the sword.  I was thinking you need to get the hammer from the fall dungeon but I don't know how to get to the fall dungeon w/o a sword. 

I will admit I cheated in getting the hookshot.  Instead of trying to jump around trees (I couldn't do it in summer but was able to in spring), I jumped into the water, went down a screen, fell into water, and was able to get a new jump in when my character returned to where she entered and was able to get another jump in. 

Heh, I allow anybody to make a quest into the BB universe and actually, anybody can make a BBVI, too. It's actually very common for an universe to be developed by multiple people, whether being a series of games, books or both together.

BB series continuation plan would have been:

First of all, a spoiler of the BBV endings:

Spoiler

Ballad of a Bloodline VI: The Other Queen

Bell arrives to a very outlandish place, devoid of modern civilisation. This is the continent of the Other creatures. One Other creature turned Coral into crystal between BBIV and BBV and the Guard considers them as enemy to destroy as soon as possible. Bell is considered a deserter, who, instead of using her powers to save her mother, fled to the land of the enemy. Sheela is made to promise to go after Bell and kill her much later.

The quest, itself would have resembled BBIII a bit, considering its dark, rural overworlds. Progress is linear, much like in Ultima VII-2. Emphasis on being good, without compromises, without making anything be second to the story. She retains the season clothes and can change between them anytime at will.

During the quest, Bell befriends the various Other creature races. She changes and the land changes, too.

Maybe she has a small crystal with Coral stored inside, being the true cause of the rage of the Guard and Sheela, I don't remember the exact details of the BBV endings.

Huge Oddworld inspiration.

Ballad of a Bloodline VII: Murder me Sister!

Sheela comes at age and is sent after Bell. She is disgusted by the land of the Other creatures and progressively destroys everything that Bell built, finally confronting her sister.

I never decided about the theme of gameplay, but I would have included some new mechanics or would have themed Sheela's abilities around something. I also couldn't decide who to survive the fight or what to happen. Maybe something would have made them to merge into one or anything. I much like when two persons are together in a way that one os bound into an item or anything. But the sword already was, so that is out of the question.

Ballad of a Bloodline VIII: -TBA-

Anybody survived, she returns to the homeland, only to see it in the chaos of war. As it was hinted in BBV several times, the Subrosians attack. In a way that the BBV New Game+ hinted for. Mostly unplanned, but focus would have been on some good feature that provides enjoyable gameplay. The enemy is more than ante portas, so getting around is difficult and involves secret passages and teleports, instead of marching from one screen to the other from one end of the map to the other.

Ballad of a Bloodline IX: -TBA-

One or more generations later a descendant of the bloodline is a goth-like necromancer girl. The distinguishing feature of the quest is that all items and equipment revolves around necromancy: animating corpses and parts of the dead, taking control of already moving undeads. The principal thing would have been that truly every tool of the player is about actual necromancy, it's not just a goth graphical rework of the already existing items.

Actually, a quest like this could have been a standalone one, not necessarily part of BB.

Ballad of a Bloodline X: -TBA-

Though BBIX's main character is onto death, not life and so is not interested in giving life, she actually did at some point. And the result is a boy (man, during the quest) who is skilled in demonology. Same like above, just with true demonology instead of true necromancy. The plan included huge artistic buildings and deep dungeons, but also some interesting overworlds.

Huge Medievil isnpiration.

Sidequests ad side series:

I also thought about launching another series that spawned from the BB series instead of continuing it and I thought about many sidequests and small 2-3 episode sideseries.

By all means, there would have been one mini-series with the half-vampyre half-sister of Coral, taking place during BBVI and BBVII, during the war. Vampyre powers and weaknesses would have been in play.

Even more important, a minimum three episode miniserie with Reii, the player being able to alternate between her human and supernatural forms, latter being able to fly. I also toyed with the thought of some TouHou type quest with her. After all, she is fully inspired by Utsuho Reiuji.

Of course, these and the main BB series weren't my main plan. I half-finished a very simple quest that wouldn't have been too complicated even for nowadays players and I also started on a totally new quest with amazing new features that don't look that distinguished compared to all the insane scripting wonders of nowadays.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#163 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

Without a sword or a hammer, you can beat winter dungeon, you can pass through a invisible secret way in that gleeok room.

Ah.  Was able to beat it w/o too much problems.  Now in the spring dungeon, w/o sword.  I think there is  a key is in the most south-west room where water surrounds the area (after getting the big key).  Since I don't have the sword so, I can't kill one of the enemies.  How can I get to this key? 

#164 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Ah.  Was able to beat it w/o too much problems.  Now in the spring dungeon, w/o sword.  I think there is  a key is in the most south-west room where water surrounds the area (after getting the big key).  Since I don't have the sword so, I can't kill one of the enemies.  How can I get to this key? 

Unless you have the hammer (which I believe you can't without the sword) or you have some secret weapon that can hurt patras (if any can), you can't progress there without a sword... in New Game+.

#165 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Unless you have the hammer (which I believe you can't without the sword) or you have some secret weapon that can hurt patras (if any can), you can't progress there without a sword... in New Game+.

It sounds like then I am not able to beat the spring dungeon w/o getting the sword even though that one of the challenges was to beat the spring dungeon w/o sword?  Won't that affect the ending if I'm trying to get all of the items in new game+?  (I sure hope I didn't already screw it up by exchanging the berry in the dungeon for the enhanced boomerang) 

Edited by matski, 28 November 2016 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users