1 reply to this topic

#1 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

http://scrapzelda.com/

REG_Zelda_PromoGraphic_verSilver-600x480 

Ever fancied some Zelda-esque exploration, adventure and puzzle-solving in real life? Well, Nintendo has got you covered!

Nintendo just announced Defenders of the Triforce today. It's a partnership with the award-winning escape room designers SCRAP "to create a unique multi-city Puzzle Tour inspired by The Legend of Zelda series".

The news post described Defenders of the Triforce as "so much more than" an escape room experience:

Instead of escaping from a locked room, participants work in teams of six to solve a mystery in a huge area, all within a set time limit. The experience will let guests interact with classic items and characters seen in The Legend of Zelda series like the Goron, Zora and Kokiri tribes. Discovered items can be used to solve puzzles and move forward into other areas, just like in The Legend of Zelda games.

“At Nintendo, we’re always looking for ways to offer new experiences for all of our fans, and expose our characters and franchises to new audiences,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Partnering with SCRAP allows us to offer a new perspective on this legendary series.”

“We wanted to make sure ‘Defenders of the Triforce’ felt as authentic as possible,” said Doc Preuss, Real Escape Game Producer for SCRAP. “Fans of The Legend of Zelda series will adore the tour and won’t want to miss it.”

The “Defenders of the Triforce” Puzzle Tour will be hitting eight cities all around the U.S beginning in January. Tickets for the first wave of locations are available today and can be reserved here.

The full schedule is as follows:

• San Francisco – Jan. 31-Feb. 5
  • Los Angeles – Feb. 10-12
  • San Diego – Feb. 24-25
  • Seattle – TBA
  • Phoenix – TBA
  • Houston – TBA
  • Chicago – TBA
  • New York – TBA

After completing the main puzzle experience, attendees will enter an area with amazing photo opportunities and a promotional lounge, where fans can purchase exclusive merchandise based on The Legend of Zelda.

Yet another approach by Nintendo to diversify its reach beyond that of the console market. And it strikes as a positively surprising one. Too bad it's U.S-only as I'm sure hordes of fans would be interested in trying those Zelda-scape rooms (rhymes, right?).  I'm going to the San Fransisco event, hopefully, with my friend, and this would be a perfect meetup for people in the area.

So, are you ready for this time-based real Zelda puzzle game?

• Eddy likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:28 AM

This sounds really cool actually. I would've definitely gone for this if I could, but it does suck that it's US only and I just don't have the money to travel over there. Would've loved to give that a shot over here :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users