Selling stuff online.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Have any of you ever tried selling stuff online? I have a bunch of old DS and PS2 games I'm trying to get rid of. Plus some, erm, prop swords and other stuff. I'm using the 'letgo' app, and was wondering if anyone here had tried it, or has a better alternative. There's a lot of old gaming stores around here too that I could check out, but I figured I would see here, given most of us play, and probably eventually sell games. :)

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:28 PM

I've used eBay for a few things, but that was years ago, and mostly CDs and some book packs.

I have a bad habit of finding the value in everything, so I rarely sell anything :P

Besides, for how little most people pay for used stuff, I figure I might as well keep it. Not even worth the hassle of packaging, taking to the post office, waiting in line, etc. for only that. (Though if you can sell local and the person wants to come by to pick up, that's a lot better. I've been considering a few Craigslist ads with that in mind.)

• Anthus likes this

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

I can't recall anytime I tried to sell something online more than once. It was my original DS system, with all the components and such. Tried auctioning it on eBay. Turns out the guy who won the bid was unable to pay for it. So that soured my experience. The system ended up going to my niece instead as a Christmas present, and I never tried selling anything again.

• Anthus likes this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

It's turning out to be a positive experience so far. This guy is buying my complete, stickerless Heart Gold box for 65$. I've seen them go over for over 100 on some sites but between 60 and 70 isn't bad.

#5 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

I've sold a handful of things over Buy-sell-trade groups, as well as by word of mouth at work. Either way, if whatever you sell is desirable, someone will want it.

• Anthus likes this

#6 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

I sell on eBay regularly. Sold and shipped four items this month. I prefer it to selling locally, mostly because on eBay I can list things for their highest current value and someone out there will eventually pay me for it. Even given the cut eBay and Paypal take from the final sale price (10% and 2.9%+$0.30 respectively), it's worth it. Also I don't have to meet up with anyone if I just ship out a package and that's a plus.

• Anthus likes this

#7 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

DS and PS2 are starting to become "growing markets" for collectors. It's best to find your most valuable/most sought after games, and hold onto them. .hack is a great example of PS2 games going up in value.

#8 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I sold my textbooks from college online to try to get some of the money back. Now I don't really sell anything online, although time to time, I will buy stuff off Amazon.

#9 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

I sell some stuff on Amazon when I have no use for it anymore.  I sometimes buy on there too.

#10 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

I wouldn't know where to start.  I'm always afraid of taxes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users