Conventions Thread

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Neat. I've heard of Youmacon, and people keep telling me I need to go, but it's in Detroit. I will not touch Detroit.

Also, if you do end up doing a day at GRCC let me know. I'll buy you a pop or a beer or something. I still have yet to meet another member of the PZC community.

If you ever stop by Chicago, you should definitely consider Anime Central and Anime Midwest. Though I say Midwest is better because it's less crowd control.

I'll see if GRCC can fit my schedule. It's only 2 hours away from Chicago which is nothing to me.

#17 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

I might have to consider that. I've never been to an anime con. Mihgt be a nice little change of pace.

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

Looks like my next con will be GRCC. I'll be there for just Saturday only. I may run into Jaghnus. I have never met any PZC'ers in person before! :)

I'm excited to meet Trina Nishimura the voice of Makise from Steins;Gate, Mikasa from Attack on Titan, and Mii Konori from A Certain Scientific Railgun.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#19 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

Looks like my next con will be GRCC. I'll be there for just Saturday only. I may run into Jaghnus. I have never met any PZC'ers in person before! :)

I'm excited to meet Trina Nishimura the voice of Makise from Steins;Gate, Mikasa from Attack on Titan, and Mii Konori from A Certain Scientific Railgun.

Same here, bro! I'm stoked to meet my first PZCer.

• Dawnlight likes this

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

This thread has me pumped, and I don't remember why.

I usually attend Otakon in mid-July or early August. I've gone four or so times since 2011.

I met PZC members Xenix and DCEnygma (and his wife) at a MagFest convention in January of this year ten months ago. If Xenis tells you that he is proficient at Smash Bros, please believe him. He is not spinning any yarns there.

I'll be going to BronyCon in 2016, around the same time and place as that Otakon convention. I highly doubt I'll meet anyone there from here. Except possibly Bayta. ... who will be sharing a hotel room with me. So I will very likely run into her there, I suppose.

#21 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Looks like I'm gonna be going to Comic Con London next week for the first time :P I might be going with an irl friend from school so this is gonna be quite a lot of fun. Knowing me though, I'll mostly be going for the Zelda stuff lol.

• Lem likes this

#22 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:59 AM

I'm off to Grand Rapids Comic Con today! Hopefully I'll meet Jaghnus there! :)

#23 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:18 AM

I'm off to Grand Rapids Comic Con today! Hopefully I'll meet Jaghnus there! :)

Shit dude, I couldn't find you (mostly because I didn't know what you looked like :P ) I had a blast though. Hope to see you next year!

#24 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

Most of the conventions I go to all occur in Collinsville, Illinois at the same location. Some are in Saint Louis, though.

#25 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:17 PM

Shit dude, I couldn't find you (mostly because I didn't know what you looked like :P ) I had a blast though. Hope to see you next year!

I had a really fun time! I can't believe I was fortunate enough to meet the super awesome Trina Nishimura especially after meeting J Michael Tatum last month! 

https://twitter.com/...8175872/photo/1

That as well as shopping around the dealers room and meeting Walter Jones made it worth the 2.5 hour trip! :)

My next con will be Youmacon on Halloween. Do I need to being mace and a bullet proof vest with me to this con?

Edited by Dawnlight, 19 October 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#26 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

I saw you around, but I had no idea it was you :P

And if you're coming from Chicago, then you don't have to worry about Detroit. They're about equally as slimy.

My next convention that I'm for sure going to is Shuto Con in Lansing, MI. That's a good five months out, so I might see if I can't wedge one more in there somewhere. Might pad that time out with rock concerts though.

#27 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

I saw you around, but I had no idea it was you :P

And if you're coming from Chicago, then you don't have to worry about Detroit. They're about equally as slimy.

My next convention that I'm for sure going to is Shuto Con in Lansing, MI. That's a good five months out, so I might see if I can't wedge one more in there somewhere. Might pad that time out with rock concerts though.

SHUTO CON!!!!! I'm going to that con as well! I got the VIP pass! I'll definitely see you there! :)

• SpikeReynolds likes this

#28 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

SHUTO CON!!!!! I'm going to that con as well! I got the VIP pass! I'll definitely see you there! :)

Hell yea, I'll see you there for sure.

#29 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

Just got back from London Comic Con, and damn that was amazing. There were loads of Link, Finn and Jake cosplays... everywhere lel. It wasn't really as bad as I had thought but I had a great time. I got to meet Jack and Adam from Rooster Teeth as well as Martyn, Ross, Trott and Alsmiffy from The Yogscast. Martyn also gave me a bit of insight on a video he recorded of Tri Force Heroes, seems like he got trolled pretty hard by Duncan and others from the team :P

Some pictures will be coming soon, just have to find a way to transfer them first lel

I'm definitely going to the next event in May though.

Edit: Have some pictures.

Me With Rooster Teeth (Adam on the left, Jack on the right)

Me with Yogscast member, Martyn

An awesome poster I bought. Signed by Trott, Alsmiffy, Ross and Martyn

#30 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

I just got back from Youmacon 2015! Man was that a great con! :) Autograph haul video coming soon! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users