Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

Yeah, the thin walkways are lovely. :)

• vravelo likes this

#167 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

Hi. there's any item I need to collect on this dungeon,,?? ,,, found the door boss for accident and I'm searching for the boss key to finish up!.. haven't found any item so far....! :-/ :-/

#168 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

The stepladder is in Ballsuck ... sorry ... Bhalstok Castle. I just hate that dungeon so much. *lol*

• ShadowTiger, Russ and Evan20000 like this

#169 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:06 AM

The stepladder is in Ballsuck ... sorry ... Bhalstok Castle. I just hate that dungeon so much. *lol*

LOL,, I know! your irritation........Bhalstok castle, is a place beside this one or I need to go there and get the ladder before??

• judasrising likes this

#170 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Bhalstok is Level 3 and the stepladder is the main dungeon item of Level 3, hehe. :)

• vravelo likes this

#171 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

well the floor on this dungeon is so crepe and faulty,, that I ordered a joystick at amazon, it take a week for delivery so meanwhile I'll be snooping a bit " :P

#172 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

Wow, you're so dedicated! Buying a joystick for a Zelda quest, hehe. :)

• vravelo likes this

#173 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

Wow, you're so dedicated! Buying a joystick for a Zelda quest, hehe. :)

Hi Matthew"" Well to be honest , the arthritis is getting to my fingers and make me fail to much, so then I came with the idea of a joystick would be better -been thinking of this for a long time now.. this is no a % for sure,  good thing you are on my side to give me push,..... thank you friend "  (thanks  RUSS   too) :shrug:

• judasrising likes this

#174 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

Hi Matthew"" Well to be honest , the arthritis is getting to my fingers and make me fail to much, so then I came with the idea of a joystick would be better -been thinking of this for a long time now.. this is no a % for sure,  good thing you are on my side to give me push,..... thank you friend "  (thanks  RUSS   too) :shrug:

I wish you luck with Lost isle ,you are gonna love lvl4 :bounce:

• vravelo likes this

#175 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

I wish you luck with Lost isle ,you are gonna love lvl4 :bounce:

judasrising"' :wow:  my friend! glad to see you around,, feel better now, know you give me solutions and hint  love Matt and RUSS guidance, still waiting for my joystick ----------------- call you at any problem :bounce:

#176 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

well  they send me the joystick but this don't work with window 7, so need to keep using my keyboard , at level-3 I'm stock at a room where when steeping  one switch on the floor,,, one statue get activated and some bats come out of there,,, after killing all bats and hitting the statue with the boomer.. a little pause and the a big sign that say.. you are to slow   and don't even deserve our item.. I guess this is the place to get the raft, don't know what else to do, can't figure out... :confused: :confused:

#177 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

You have to keep hitting the statues with the boomerang. Don't worry about the bats, they're just there to waste your time by getting in the way of the statues and bouncing the boomerang back.
  • vravelo likes this

#178 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

You have to keep hitting the statues with the boomerang. Don't worry about the bats, they're just there to waste your time by getting in the way of the statues and bouncing the boomerang back.

Thanks RUSS, I was killing all bats, and thought that was all..LOL . after reading your post went back and started hitting

those statues.. Yikes " I need to trow the boomer side way, to many time, failed,, but will keep doing.........

#179 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

Keep going, vravelo, you're doing great, and seem dedicated enough to beat the quest! :)

Since there's some nice discussion going on about the quest I guess this would be a good timing to ask some specific feedback about the dungeons in the game. Of course you can comment on the overworld as well, I'm sure Wolfie would appreciate it, but as the dungeon designer I'm most interested in the pros and cons of each level.

Here are my own feelings of the 4 main dungeons and the three bonus dungeons:

1st Dungeon - Even today I think this is overall a pretty nice dungeon. But as a first dungeon it could have been a little shorter and maybe there was too much Raft-related stuff going on. I know some players gave up at this point already because it was too tough/confusing for some. Though Lost Isle is a challenging game so making the 1st level too easy would have given a false sense of security...

2nd Dungeon - I had a blast designing this one and after all these years I'm still satisfied and proud of this floating garden. The level looks great and it feels super confusing even though it's actually not that hard to figure out. The only thing I would fix are some badly placed warp portals, but other than that this is the standard I want for my dungeons if I ever work on another Zelda Quest or another game.

3rd Dungeon - We had a debate with Wolfie about this, which I unfortunately won. She wanted this to be like levels 1, 2 and 4 with only a couple of keys and the whole dungeon being a one big puzzle but I wanted the castle to be a more ordinary level with lots of keys and locked doors. I think this one ended up decent, but it could have been better if I followed the original plan. Also, I went too crazy with all the broken floors. I know some even gave up on the quest because it was so tough to navigate through some of those broken floor rooms. Really sorry about that. I personally love a challenge but sometimes I tend to overdo it. :D

4th Dungeon - Just like the floating Garden, I think this is a great level and even today I'm very happy with it. This seems to be the favorite level for most even though I personally like both level 2 and 4 equally.

The Ice Dungeon - This dungeon seemed to really divide people. Some liked it but some hated it. I think it was a decent one for a bonus dungeon. It looked pretty and had a nice atmosphere. Nothing special, could have been better, but a nice addition to the game I think.

The Crazy Dream - I had a blast doing the Windmill Dungeon. I've always wanted to go batshit crazy and do something like this. I'm glad Wolfie agreed and did let me go wild with this one. Everyone seemed to have fun here even though the place doesn't make any sense. But why should it if it's just a dream... ;)

The Red Mail Dungeon - Well this one was really short and underwhelming. But this one was added at the late stages of production and we just wanted the quest to be released. So there was no time nor strength to build a better dungeon. I wish I had the patience to make this one bigger and better, and even add a custom boss. But that's the life of a ZQuest creator. You have limited free time so sometimes the work suffers because of it.

Edited by Peteo, 20 May 2017 - 07:57 AM.

• Nathaniel, vravelo, Air Luigi and 1 other like this

#180 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

I am mostly not in your group of interest since I am not a too big fan of many things others love this quest for. I actually only started lvl 4.

#1 is actually very easy, straighforward and not much of a labyrinth. It is well designed, there were some secrets that seemed useless or without reason and the big statue confused me a lot, mostly because they were a bit unrefined based on ZC-limitations. I had troubles with the raft paths since I suck at remembering screens and locations. Also, since I suck at gaming I died rather often and while it is easy to get back to where you were, it takes some time.

#2 this indeed can be called a labyrinth. Since I am neither good at remembering screens nor at how you get to them I was running around in circles a lot (and while beautiful the map was useless to me). I personally didn't enjoy it too much, it was mostly like running around a lot to find one switch over and over again. But I am certain to the ones that at least can roughly sketch a map in their head and remember the next places possible to advance to love this. Regarding the looks I really love this one.

#3 the lower area was a bit empty and annoying, I think half of it could be removed. A lot of backtracking. While it indeed was not as much of a labyrinth as #2 I think I wouldn't be the only one that had quit here if it would be, coupled with the broken floor rooms. It is not too obvious with the sprite where the feet have to stand to be still safe from falling and it often is quite limited how well you can control its movements and the blurry-broken floor tiles didn't help. And while limited abilities to control your charakter's movements sure can be challenging, it is not the kind of challenge I cherish.

Ice Dungeon/Dream - I just looked through the LP and honestly I barely remember the boss of the ice dungeon and nothing about the actual dungeon. I think I was a little bit annoyed by it, but like I said, I don't really remember. In the dream I got pretty far, I think I was confused to the end because I didn't realize that these little side paths were considered as dead ends. Most of the Let's play I knew already and I remember overall that I enjoyed it. I mostly gave up since I wasn't even sure if it was intended to be solveable with a reward since it was thought to be crazy ;)

While it isn't really a dungeon, I was rather unsatisfied with the caves. There are a lot, some are pathways, some hold a treasure. Some cannot be finished with the equipment you have atm, some have to be finished since you need the treasure to progress further, but are of no use afterwards. I didn't make a map or so and in the end it is rather annoying if you look through different caves multiple times to find the right one, my stubbornness helped out with this, but it certainly was frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users