Photo

What Is The Difference Between Quest-Types?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Heyho, excuse my crappy english (greetings from germany).   :)

I'm fairly new to this side, played ZC-quests since some years, but not excessive... only now and then, when I have my "I wanna play Zelda!!!"-moments.  ^^"
What I wonder... what is the difference between "Nes-style", "Dungeon Romper" and "Story-driven"?

My guess is, "Nes Style" is more open, "Dungeon Romper" focuses more on dungeons than the overworld and "Story Driven" is more a linear experience, but I'm still unsure.
Cause "Stranded" is titled as "NES-style" but plays extremely linear and "Quest 744" feels like a NES-style but is titles "Dungeon Romper".

• Avaro likes this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

NES-styled is meant to be very Zelda 1 like, for those who were a fan of it.

Dungeon Rompers are focused on dungeons. The dungeons are either the main focus, or there are a lot of dungeons.

Story Focused is just that: there is a huge focus on story, if it's not the main selling point.

• Ner0nitas likes this

#3 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

NES-styled is meant to be very Zelda 1 like, for those who were a fan of it.

Dungeon Rompers are focused on dungeons. The dungeons are either the main focus, or there are a lot of dungeons.

Story Focused is just that: there is a huge focus on story, if it's not the main selling point.

Ok, thanks for clearing me up! :)

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hey, I'm from germany too!

Here are official descriptions for the quest types: http://www.purezc.ne...age=help#genres

• Timelord and Ner0nitas like this

#5 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Hey, I'm from germany too!

Here are official descriptions for the quest types: http://www.purezc.ne...age=help#genres

Ah nice!
Next time I'm new to a webside, I look for the big "HELP AND INFO > THIS WAY!!!"...  xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users