Random Theme Quest contest #3

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

Will do! Themes haven't been attributed yet (I'll get to that once we get going), I will post everybody's themes in the thread so everyone can also see what the others will be working with.

#17 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

Sign me up, but there's a good chance I will drop out because I want to work on my main quest instead :O

#18 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Would it not be better to hand out the themes before New Years? New years leaves people like 4 days to think about their contest before they have to refocus on school. Why not something like the 20th?

Also, is teaming up in groups of 3+ allowed? I know 2 is, but I'm just making sure.

#19 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

Sure, I don't mind handing out the themes before new years. I'd prefer to encourage trying to work solo if you can, rather than making groups the norm, lest everyone joins a big group and we end up with only a couple of submissions.

#20 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:13 AM

I'd prefer to encourage trying to work solo if you can, rather than making groups the norm, lest everyone joins a big group and we end up with only a couple of submissions.

That's a funny way of saying "everyone joins a big group and we end up with no submissions." Bigger groups make coordination harder and also more people tends to mean more ambition and more early gray hairs for the one guy who inevitably has to carry the team. Best to pick one person to work with and best if that person is a close friend who you're okay yelling at. :P

"Russ, what the hell is this? This is not okay. When did you get the idea in your head that this was acceptable? This jump requires absolute pixel precision to pull off AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

• Russ likes this

#21 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

I prefer the dashnet.org/gamegen generator over the other.

#22 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

I'm going to give three of each to everybody. The titles give you the least constraints, since with a little imagination you can make almost any sort of game fit a title (I've also decided to exclude titles that contain completely un-Zelda-like concepts, like "bowling" or "snowboarding", because although these could be fun if you can pull them off, I remember nobody picked these in the previous contest).

The concepts give you bigger constraints, although I'm going to be lenient when it comes to interpreting them, so you'll all have a shot even if you don't write scripts. For example, if you get "a role playing game where..." you don't have to go full RPG with experience points and a random encounter system, you can just include at least a few RPG elements, like having a town with chatty NPCs, etc.

#23 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

Is it too late for me to join? If not, sign me up :)

#24 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

Sign me up, I've been more confident with my work speed this year so I'd like to give this a shot.

#25 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

What the hell, send me some themes. Can't honestly guarantee I'll enter, but it could be fun!

#26 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Themes are up : http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=71370

#27 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:52 AM

I like the idea. I probably won't finish in two weeks time, but I could use a bit of distraction so if you are willing to sign me up under condition that I probably won't make it anyways, I'm in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users