Source Code

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

So, I haven't been around in a while, but I did run across the ZC source code. Has anyone done much with it or is scripting enough to power some of the newer quests?

~pnw

#2 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

I'm interested in this question as well. So many years and so much drama went into the question of when and how to release the code. I think it's better open-sourced regardless of how it is used, but I do hope that someday somebody will take it and go wild with it.

If you look at the code, though, you start to see why 2.50 took so long to release and why updates and rewrites are easier said than done. The code is an interesting digital archaeological site for those curious to delve through it: layers upon layers of features, with different code styles indicating the different eras the code was added. You can even find nuggets of core code that probably dates all the way to Phantom Menace.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

I don't think anyone has officially released any forks yet. There's a few who are trying though (Zoria, and Saffith, to name a few).

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

I don't think anyone has officially released any forks yet. There's a few who are trying though (Zoria, and Saffith, to name a few).

I haven't released it, as it's not ready for release, and I'm trying to see what of the things I want to do, can be rolled into ZC 2.54, or 2.55 first.

If you want to look at anything, or try compiling it, you can grab my fork here:

https://github.com/Z...PG/ZeldaClassic

I make no promises as to whether it will compile in its present state, and if it does, if it would be stable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users