How did you discover Zelda Classic?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Chetnik

Chetnik

Proud Serb

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

I found out about ZC around three years ago via watching BikdipOnABus's Let's Play of his quests. Soon after, I downloaded the program and started messing with it a bit. About a week ago I found this website, and decided to make an account just the other day.

#17 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

Thanks to ZeldaUniverse, they once posted a playthrough of Pineconn's famous End of Time DX. I was like, cool! I started searching, found a download link and told my dad to download it (back when I was a noob to PCs and crap :P ). So... the first day... I didn't know how to load the quest. :lol: I was literally trying to open it via ZQuest thinking that was how you would open it. After literally hitting every key on my keyboard, I found out about the "A" and "B" buttons, and that was the "ohhhhh" moment. Gosh, those first days...

But yeah, my first attempt was ridiculous. XD

• WhippyBoi likes this

#18 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:51 AM

Thanks to ZeldaUniverse, they once posted a playthrough of Pineconn's famous End of Time DX. I was like, cool! I started searching, found a download link and told my dad to download it (back when I was a noob to PCs and crap :P ). So... the first day... I didn't know how to load the quest. :lol: I was literally trying to open it via ZQuest thinking that was how you would open it. After literally hitting every key on my keyboard, I found out about the "A" and "B" buttons, and that was the "ohhhhh" moment. Gosh, those first days...

But yeah, my first attempt was ridiculous. XD

Sounds pretty similar to my first time with ZC actually lol. Though the only difference was that every time I came across a passworded quest, I ended up rating the quest 0 stars :P (thankfully most of those reviews have been removed by now)

• Avaro and Demonlink like this

#19 lincolnpepper

lincolnpepper

epic gamer

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

i had always wanted to be a game designer. ive downloaded many game makers such as game guru , SMILE (super metroid game maker, which i had to get since super metroid is my favorite game) and of course, zc. i even downloaded music composers so i could make music for my own games. so i found this in the easiest way possible: i looked up " game makers" and found some zelda engines. but you had to buy all sorts of stuff for them, so i kept searching, and searching until i found this.

• Evan20000 likes this

#20 drav35

drav35

• Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

i remember looking for ROMs years and years ago around mid to late 2001ish i remember finding this by pure accident and fell in love with it ever since

#21 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Watched MetroidMST on youtube, and then heard about this "eppy" person. Watched Zelda Classic, downloaded it, and now I'm a random guy who rarely shows up to watch eppy's streams and tries to convince him to try Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland :P

#22 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:51 PM

I happened upon an LP by TeamUDF and watched said LP. Looked up the game. Found it here.
  • Evan20000 likes this

#23 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

I happened upon an LP by TeamUDF and watched said LP. Looked up the game. Found it here.

I too happened to get a Youtube recommendation for TeamUDF... At first for Parallel worlds on ZSnes...

Then he went on to ZC, and from there, after downloading, I was hooked!

• Evan20000 likes this

#24 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

I ran across ZC by accident back in 2002 I believe, on a website that had no connection to ZC, but was just hosting various PC games to download. I was originally trying to find Mario games for the computer, since I had found one previously, and it was pretty fun. I tried ZC, and ended up trying to play Z1 on it for a while, but back then I wasn't that great at the game. I had no idea that you could play custom quests, and had messed around in ZQ a bit, but in the end I had forgotten about it. About a year later I came across PureZC when I was searching for Zelda romhacks, and I had seen the QDB, and proceeded to download Hidden Duality by DarkFlameWolf, and played it through. It was great, and I wanted to play more of the custom quests, and I did... a LOT. I ended up joining the forums after lurking for a month or so. I went on to beta test quite a few quests like Hero of Dreams, Link's Birthday DX, Ganon's Claim, and several others. I haven't played ZC in a long time, and haven't used ZQ in forever. 

#25 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

I opened up a box of cheeze-its and it was just hanging out in there. Little bastard ate all the cheeze-its but I had another box so it was cool. We've done lots of things together ever since-much better than a dog for sure. ..At least that's how I remember it.

On second thought, I may of just found it by accident while searching for an rpg-maker that wasn't rpg-maker, after looking at wizardry legacy, which coincidentally was also using allegro.
  • Magi_Hero, The Satellite, Evan20000 and 1 other like this

#26 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

I think I was just randomly skimming youtube videos when I somehow stumbled onto TK's IoD or CoP LP.  Decided to look up where this came from and stumbled into first the Zelda Classic site and then found this site.  After a look around and peeking at some random quests, I decided to give ZC quests a try.  Started with the original quests to warm up, then did alphadawg's 3rd quest (quite the steep curve there).

Eventually started recording some of the ZC quests in the database just for fun.  Still going at it at this time  :bounce:

#27 Krieger

Krieger

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:29 AM

Wanted more Zelda but ran out of games, that's when I discovered the world of fan games, first through multiple iterations of Ocarina of time 2d :P Which somehow ended up dropping me in ZC.

• Avaro likes this

#28 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:21 AM

I was browsing YouTube once, and I (somehow) found some quests and tutorials for something called "Zelda Classic". I had no clue what it was referring to, and I thought maybe it was a hacking tool for Zelda 1. I looked it up, and there it was. So I downloaded it and I have to say, it's a really good editor once you get around its somewhat confusing layout.

#29 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:07 PM

I discovered Zelda Classic many years ago from a ROM collection my dad downloaded onto our computer. It also contained many classic SNES roms.

#30 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I came across Zelda Classic when I found a walkthrough for Link's Nightmare on Youtube.

I thought "Wow, this is pretty cool" and I wanted to Download the game.

and that's when I came across ZC.

lol it took me about 1 or 2 years to finally find Link's Nightmare so I could actually play it! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users