Favourite Commands

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

this is a topic about favourite commands in ZQ!

IPB Image

What do you like to put there?

#2 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

IPB Image

Most of my shortcuts are there because I haven't bothered to memorize all of the F# keys as they are in 2.50 (they have moved around since earlier ZC versions) or just outright keyboard laziness. I also admit that a lot them are just there as filler since I haven't found better uses for the slots (commands that lack keyboard shortcuts that I use often enough). icon_shrug.gif

Screen Data: I mostly forget to use the shortcut key for this even though I know what it is most of the time.
Save: I actually use F2 to save. This is only here so that I have a visual indicator for if I have changes to save or not.
Secret Combos: I use them a lot and tend to forget the shortcut key.
Freeform Combos: I use them a lot and tend to forget the shortcut key.
Preview Mode: I use this sometimes. I guess the command is there out of laziness since I know the key most of the time.
Compile ZScript: I use this a lot, but it doesn't have an actual shortcut key.
Palette: I use this a lot, but forget the shortcut key sometimes... or I'm just lazy.
Paste Palette: Doesn't have a shortcut key, but it's extremely useful.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I use Small Mode, so I don't have a favorite commands box. But it doesn't really matter, since all but one of the commands Nick posted has a keyboard shortcut. icon_razz.gif

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

Yep, bumping a topic for great virtue.

In ZQuest, go to Tools --> Quest Reports --> _______.

Take a look at all of those wonderful, remarkable testing reports there. I use the "What Links Here" feature a ton in some of the areas I'm using.

The problem is, you have to navigate through every menu to get there every time, and because I use it on over a dozen screens a day, that's a lot of time wasting.

I wonder if there's a way to add this to the "Favorite Commands" list. It's tremendously handy. I'm surprised it's not there already.

( The context of this is that I'm editing C-Dawg's Dreams of Yesterday Redux, and in "The Crypt" level, I have absolutely no idea how anyone is supposed to get down to the lower left area. I'm trying to trace my way back from it, but there's just so many screens...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users