• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

That time is finally here for the first demo of Mystical-Harps.*

Look into the quest you will see everything i have created and worked so very hard on, so far.

(Mp3's are now being installed into their own twin file.)  

http://www.mediafire... (T.L.O.Z.).zip  

^Mp3 mostly.

http://www.mediafire... (T.L.O.Z.).qst 

^Updated qst file- Use this quest file only.   

Mp3's have to be in the same exact folder you load the game inside of.

-Delete the quest file that came with the mp3's & only use this one latest.^

~Its that time, my first ever Demo of Mystical harps is finally here.*

The very project i have been working so very-very hard on for a long-long time now.

There may still be some odd bugs that may still be in the demo, including some overlayer issues as well still.

The first Dungeon ( Fruitbats-Palace ) is Absolutely playable and solvable, as well as Link switching with the Mermaid player mechanics.* 

The Rest of the area's are sealed off until Level-2 and other dungeons are complete for my Demo 2 release later this year.

(Mp3's are much needed to experience the first demo fully, as playing without them may be a music-less playing experience.)

(Some the tunes are in fact real songs.)  

'Some of them are my remixes of midi's'.  Music that is not performed by me, all belong to their rightful original owners not by the maker of this game title.)

Enjoy guys..*//

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 29 May 2017 - 05:08 PM.

• Jenny, coolgamer012345 and Matthew like this

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Theres is now uploaded finallys.*

I am currently trying to load the file into my project game title but it gets stuck as i try uploading it. 

http://www.purezc.ne...projects&id=124

So use Mediafire tell me if the link a page above works ok guys?* ^

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 18 May 2017 - 04:03 AM.

#3 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

so a slight tip for enhanced music quests:

MP3's are relatively large in file size. and as such it steers many people away from downloading quests with MP3s. however, OGG formats are just as good and they take up less space. you dont have to change anything either, if you have audacity you can just convert all your mp3s to oggs.

(but ill still download mp3s for now, this was merely a suggestion for future demos and possibly release.)

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

MP3's are relatively large in file size. and as such it steers many people away from downloading quests with MP3s. however, OGG formats are just as good and they take up less space. you dont have to change anything either, if you have audacity you can just convert all your mp3s to oggs.

(but ill still download mp3s for now, this was merely a suggestion for future demos and possibly release.)

I don't know about most people, but MP3's tend to point to a higher quality quest for me, so they attract me (plus Midis aren't great).

#5 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

Thank you guys, i have been playing my demo since i released it publicly to check for any bugs since i gave the file to ZORIA To put in some his Latest scripts.'

I found a first major error and am now uploading a repaired .qst file that fixes the problem preventing the player from entering the mermaids aquashrine out of the ocean tower entrance that was bugging out.  

http://www.mediafire....L.O.Z.)(2).qst

^Replace the old .qst file with this one, give it the same name - removing the (2)

I Cannot fix any new things in the game file until Zoria is finished with it howevers.*

(So i will do as slight as i can to fix the easy bugs.)

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 19 May 2017 - 12:03 AM.

#6 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

So I am playing through the demo and I am the screen with Princess Arianna after saling through the unknown locations.

I can't pass the screen though cause I can't move past the sand combos in front of me. Is this an intentional block off or is there more to it?

I haven't seen Fruitbat's Palace. Is that this or did I skip it accidentally?

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

So I am playing through the demo and I am the screen with Princess Arianna after saling through the unknown locations.

I can't pass the screen though cause I can't move past the sand combos in front of me. Is this an intentional block off or is there more to it?

I haven't seen Fruitbat's Palace. Is that this or did I skip it accidentally?

I am fixing that now.*  I am now uploading the update file.* Thank you for testing it for me, I was not sure if the game worked for people to see and play it until now.

The demo does not end until you beat the first dungeon and get the candle from the village however. 

^Fixed.*

.qst file alone.*^

There, i also need to find a way to make the mp3's smaller, .ogg you say? I will look into this or a converter.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 18 May 2017 - 04:09 AM.

#8 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

I am fixing that now.*  I am now uploading the update file.* Thank you for testing it for me, I was not sure if the game worked for people to see and play it until now.

The demo does not end until you beat the first dungeon and get the candle from the village however. 

^Fixed.*

.qst file alone.*^

There, i also need to find a way to make the mp3's smaller, .ogg you say? I will look into this or a converter.

No problem. I like to play demos and give feedback where I can. It's about the only playing I can really do since I am working on my own quest.

Alright, now the issue I am seeing is that she says stand back so she can open the way, but then I'm kind of just on the screen and nothing happens. Can't really walk anywhere either, except right up to her.

#9 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

No problem. I like to play demos and give feedback where I can. It's about the only playing I can really do since I am working on my own quest.

Alright, now the issue I am seeing is that she says stand back so she can open the way, but then I'm kind of just on the screen and nothing happens. Can't really walk anywhere either, except right up to her.

oh shoot, i will fix this. hold on,

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 18 May 2017 - 04:27 AM.

#10 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

wait a sec hold on.

Therez  

Should totally work without renaming

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 18 May 2017 - 04:49 AM.

#11 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

I am about half way through Fruitbat's Palace. I will say I think the screens are very, pretty. It's really easy to get lost cause some of them look the same. I am assuming by design.

I would normally call that bad, but it has a bit of a mystifying quality. If anything, I would say that the mermaid village could use Moosh's NPC script.  So you can place your NPCs around anywhere and give them things to say. Just to add some more life outside of the houses.

There is one big thing so far, this screen right here.

Link walks under the stairs. I died once not knowing where he was.

jWf2WYl.png

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

This quest is beautiful. You're genius.

• Shane, Jared, Joelmacool and 3 others like this

#13 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

First off...will this quest really have 95 dungeons? I think your quest description may be a little off. That sounds endless. 

I like the quest overall. I see there is a high amount of exploration involved...and I love quests like that. Its also graphically interesting...which is what drew me to begin with. Its a good and bad thing though...because the same graphics unique use of tiles is also overwhelming...and makes it difficult to tell where you're going, and also easy to miss things on the screen.

These things are small issues...but make the game overly easy. No rupee or ammo limit for bombs and arrows? The green ring so early? The boomerang already damages enemies? I'll be spamming that and not use my sword at all. Not sure you're intentions here. I don't think you intend to make a easy quest.

Now my problems...one...the Mp3 files aren't working. I downloaded the zip in the earlier posts (since I didn't see a updated on in the later posts), and used the latest quest file...and pasted it into the folder with the music files. Still no music...aside from house tune...and waterfall sounds. I'm not sure what the problem is here...or if others are experiencing the same issue.

The other...I'm stuck. I found the mermaid and 'drowned', and she said she would save me. Then I'm thrown into a conveyor belt room...but whether I go Up or down...I'm put back underwater....and she repeats everything about saving me for helping her. 

You said this was playable until after the first dungeon....So I don't think this situation was intended. I'll keep my save for now. I want to finish. Generally...I like what i see so far. I also love the story. Very mysterious. 

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 18 May 2017 - 11:10 AM.

• Avaro and SkyLizardGirl like this

#14 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

First off...will this quest really have 95 dungeons? I think your quest description may be a little off. That sounds endless. 

I like the quest overall. I see there is a high amount of exploration involved...and I love quests like that. Its also graphically interesting...which is what drew me to begin with. Its a good and bad thing though...because the same graphics unique use of tiles is also overwhelming...and makes it difficult to tell where you're going, and also easy to miss things on the screen.

These things are small issues...but make the game overly easy. No rupee or ammo limit for bombs and arrows? The green ring so early? The boomerang already damages enemies? I'll be spamming that and not use my sword at all. Not sure you're intentions here. I don't think you intend to make a easy quest.

Now my problems...one...the Mp3 files aren't working. I downloaded the zip in the earlier posts (since I didn't see a updated on in the later posts), and used the latest quest file...and pasted it into the folder with the music files. Still no music...aside from house tune...and waterfall sounds. I'm not sure what the problem is here...or if others are experiencing the same issue.

The other...I'm stuck. I found the mermaid and 'drowned', and she said she would save me. Then I'm thrown into a conveyor belt room...but whether I go Up or down...I'm put back underwater....and she repeats everything about saving me for helping her. 

You said this was playable until after the first dungeon....So I don't think this situation was intended. I'll keep my save for now. I want to finish. Generally...I like what i see so far. I also love the story. Very mysterious. 

The Graphical tiles were all overhauled and i even changed the grass because it would have made people screen sick.

But i also railroaded the player a bits, so they would not get too lost.

The game is Easy at first, then as you move deeper and deeper in it starts getting very hard like around the 6th 7th dungeon.

I use an effect called 'easy'ing the beginning' to make the player feel comfortable when they first start playing/exploring.

-The enemies as you go on get stronger with the weapons as you gain them, basically the enemies have a much much higher hp as you move onward, don't be fooled by the easy-ness at first,  its to comfort the beginning players. I will increase the drop rate so that it takes just a -bit longer to get rich of rupees as Its already at 950. The green ring will actually feel weak as you proceed to dungeon 7

Yes some over-layers are still giving trouble and will all absolutely be fixed including the stairway in the last game.

Also i am not kidding about the 95 dungeon thing, its going to happen.

It i can keep releasing updates for a few or 5 dungeons each time, it will all be finished in no time at all.*

I will fix the mp3 files, or maybe even Zoria can demo play and tinker with some problems if he likes.

it should work fine. Make sure you get the latest download, don't lose your save files also if it works.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 18 May 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#15 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

-Oh shoot, i just realized i left some the rest of the dungeon locations open-ended.

Level-2 is open, the master key in front from trying to test-run some things early this-last year. It's still buggy and probs level-3, .. There are some areas that may not be connected right, because i had to change the first overworld map because i didn't feel the first version looked right.

The one you see now is perfect, i just have to fix all the warps and bugs later on after Zoria finishes as i said i would not change anything once he gets to code this demo.

Also guys, remember to quit and save your game file if you guys get stuck inside walls or black areas and reset a-new.  Tell me just how far you guys get, or if you are making any cool video play-thoughs.* I'd like to hear and see opinions.

~thank you.//

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 18 May 2017 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users