Three new quests by Green Lantern and me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:11 PM

Hello ZC community, I'm some loser named Jish. I somehow became interested with Zelda Classic a few years ago, and I ended up making a couple quests. I got my friend Green Lantern to be interested in it as well, and he made one so far.

Enough backstory. GL sent our games to the site, and they have been posted. However, there hasn't been an update or anything saying they are there. They are also supposed to be getting better screenshots for their pages sometime soon. The games are Bikdip's Adventure, HADHAD's Adventure, and Mitch. All three were made with ZQuest 1.90.

I will openly admit that the first two may be below the average ZC user's standards. I'd appreciate it very much if you would give them a chance, however. So far, HADHAD has recieved one very bland review of 3 stars and Bikdip recieved a less-than-stellar 2 star review. I'll try to make them sound interesting now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bikdip's Adventure is my first quest. As a whole, it plays like a standard Zelda-type quest, except it is quite linear. There aren't too many outstanding parts of the game, but it is certainly not made badly. I took great care in making sure the game plays smoothly and there are no problems. The one problem I found was a bad under combo about halfway through the game. Not a big deal. Try this game if you want one that is short and simple.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HADHAD's Adventure is Green Lantern's first quest. We have a bit of an argument going on over which on is better, but I'll take care to mention the good things of this one. It is very ...interesting, to say the least. Many of the areas are bizzare and funny to play through, and the game never seems to take itself seriously. It is another linear game, and has only six dungeons in it. Play this one if you want an original game with plenty of creative ideas.
Mitch is my second game. After making Bikdip's Adventure, I had a better knowledge of the ZQuest program and I was therefore able to stray further from the standard Zelda feel. Throughout the game, you will have to gather a lot of rupees in order to buy the rings, shields, upgraded swords, and other items. Luckliy, there are plenty of areas where you can make money by killing all the enemies on the screen. As you get farther in the game, the amount of money you get increases. This quest also has many unique twists in it, but it starts off a bit slow. In my opinion, this quest is the best of the three, but GL thinks it is too difficult, tedious, and the buy-your items idea is bad. I'll leave this up to you.

That's it, basically. I'd like to mention at this point that I am making a sequal to Bikdip's Adventure, and it will require knowledge of the the first game to get through parts of it. In fact, the two games will be directly connected. In one place after level 2, you will be told to find a hidden area in the first game, and in there you will find out how to proceed in the sequal. Things like that should show up a few more times through the game as well.
Green Lantern is currently making a new quest which is barely developed so far. It may or may not reach a finished state anytime soon.

Edited by Jish, 24 September 2004 - 05:27 PM.

#2 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:50 PM

Hello, Jish, welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will enjoy your visit to these lands.

All three of those quests sound fun (well four technically I guess). I really like that connection thing between the game and its sequel. I'll have to check out your quests.

If a quest isn't showing up, and you submitted it, they probably just haven't processed your submission yet. Give it another few days, and it should show up.

Don't be discouraged about 2-3 star ratings. They are just people's opinions. Some of the best/most addicting games I've played haven't received anymore than 4 stars.

#3 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:47 AM

*bump*

Over at the Zelda Classic Forums, Elise, Bobbie, and some others have been playing my quests, and gave their reviews on them. Seeing as how only one person replied here, I'm not sure if anybody has tried them yet. I really wish someone would.

According to them, they are generally good quests, considering the fact they were made with an outdated ZQuest. Like I said in the first post, Bikdip's Adventure and HADHAD were our first quests, and are kind of generic for that reason. Actually, HADHAD has a lot of glitches in it as well. Green Lantern should get around to fixing those sometimes soon.

As for the trilogy as a whole, it seems like they put you in the dark too often - you might end up having no idea what to do. This is especially true in Mitch. Seeing as how I built the quest and I knew everything about it, it was impossible for me to know if the general public would find it to hard. Well, apparently they do. If you end up playing it at some point, and get stuck, you can just post here and I will answer the question as good as possible.

One last thing. You should use the Zelda Classic 1.90 player for these. It seems to cause bizzare glitches for those who don't. This should be changed in the future, but for now just play it save and use the old one.

#4 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:42 PM

Just finished Mitch and it's a very fun good quest but without help I never good have make it
Some puzzles are tooooooo puzzeling
But with helping eachother and help from mitch we made it icon_smile.gif
So just try it and when your stuck just ask Jish is a very good help icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:58 PM

How do I get to lv7 in the desert? I couldn't find any clues for directions and I just keep going to the same places. Fun quest!!! but I need some help. icon_confused.gif

#6 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:16 PM

Stand in the middle screen of the "desert" and play the Ocarina. This will open the staircase leading to the next area.

This is assuming you meant in Bikdip's Adventure, if you meant in Mitch (which I realise you could), you need to use the Lens of Truth in the most Southwest part of the desert, then shoot an arrow at the object that has a staircase under it.

#7 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:22 PM

I need help for Mitch. I can't get to lv7. The only areas I can get to are the fairy pool, lv4 and an are that I can get money and hearts. (that's by the logs that look like a frown. I played the ocarina to open it. I need directions to lv7, the lens of truth doesn't show me anything. I can only get to the places I mentioned. icon_cry.gif

#8 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:16 PM

At first, I wasn't really sure what you meant by what you said, but then I realised. You are actually in the correct area. You're in a place with lots of bushes, right?

You need to cut the bushes, then carefully walk between them to get out. If you are going up or down, walk between the stumps and you will not be warped. If you're going left of right, walk on the top half of the tile to not be warped. By this, I mean to walk so the Link sprite is covering the top half of the stump, along with the bottom half of the bush above it.

This skill will be needed a few more times throughout the game, particularly in level 9. Be sure to remember it.

Edited by Jish, 05 October 2004 - 01:17 PM.

#9 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

I still can't get to lv7. I got to a place with a green ladder when I went down. Going up gets me back to my starting point. Going right warps me back to the bushes and you can't go left because there is a wall there. Could you give me exact directions to get there. You could pm me if you would like or send me an email. I really wan't to finish this quest. It's been fun.

#10 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:25 PM

I posted this exact walkthrough at Zelda Classic forums. Now here it is again for your enjoyment. You said going to the right warps you back. Well, it shouldn't. Were you on the battle screen when this happened? (you need to leave when not on the battle screen, since all battle screens have side warps)

- Here is a full walkthrough for the level 7 area.

You will enter in a screen full of bushes. Cut them and walk between in them to avoid warping. To the south is a gray screen with a ladder that is the warp to the battle screen. When you go back up, you will be trapped on a bush. To escape, turn around a little and then slash to warp into the battle screen, which you can then leave. In the bush screen, cutting the off-color one will get you a heart piece.

to the right of the bush screen in a fairly useless screen with fireplaces and other interior tiles. There is nothing of importance here other than a battle screen. Go right to another useless screen, in which you can climb up the mountain from the left, then push the rock to find the battle screen.

South of there is a water area that says "CAT". There is once again only a battle screen here. To the left is a hodgepodge of tiles, which can be confusing to navigate. You can try to get into the battle screen here, but you will probably warp a few times by accident while you are in it.

To the south of that one is an ocean screen with a little island with a compass. The compass has no point. Find the battle screen, then head right to another water screen with a strange pattern. Go in the staircase for an easy 50 rupees from a guy who says Douglas for no reason.

Going left twice from there, you will enter the apparently dreaded "blue raft" room. YOU CANNOT GET ANYWHERE BY RAFTING, SO DON'T TRY. Evidently, this fooled many people. Just walk off the right side to appear on the left, and then get the rupees by rafting off. You'll have to do the trick again to appear back on the left. Once you are there again, go left to arrive at a new screen.

On this screen, just go in the staircase to get ... nothing of importance, but you can super bomb the rocks in the cave to get a heart piece. Leave that room, then go right to a screen with lots of shops with terrible colors. Enter one of them to get to the battle screen, where you will fight an Octorock on Crack. When its dead, get your prize and leave the screen. Slash the bushes on the bottom of the screen to find Level 7.

With all that over with, I'm going to ask you for a favor. Could you give a rating to Mitch on the main PureZC site? It doesn't have any ratings, and seeing a good rating would maybe attract other people to play it. You don't have to give it a 5, just be honest.

#11 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the help on getting to lv7. I actually was there once but couldn't get there again. Now I am stuck in lv7. I'm in the room just above where you get the brown round thingy. There are a bunch of blocks that I can get to move but none of the doors will open. I used the lens and it shows the blocks missing. I tried all my stuff on them but nothing.

Will be happy to rate this quest if you tell me what screen to do it on. I looked and couldn't find it.

Edited by Crackers, 06 October 2004 - 06:15 PM.

#12 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

In that room, the doors aren't supposed to open. The room is a dead-end of sorts that will just bring you back to the start, as you will need to do this.

As for your other question, I'm not sure what that meant. I haven't rated any quests before, so I don't know how to do it anyway. If you figure it out, please rate it, but its nt a big deal if you can't.

#13 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE(Crackers @ Oct 7 2004, 01:09 AM)

Will be happy to rate this quest if you tell me what screen to do it on. I looked and couldn't find it.

http://www.purezc.co...ge=quests&id=94
go to the comments part and you can rate it

#14 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:17 AM

Elise, I used your link, thanks for that, and got to comments. I clicked on that and it gave me hide comments. Didn't see anything to rate it. Did I miss something? Nothing shows up for comments or rating.

Also need help on lv7 again icon_frown.gif It wouldn't give me the triforce and I also don't know how to get to the left side of the dungeon in those other rooms (shown on dungeon map). There are 3 levels with 2 rooms each. Since I'm at it where is lv8? Need to start having more fun than lv7 is giving me icon_sweat.gif

#15 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

bwahaha, this is the most annoying part of the game. I tried to make it quite clear that you cannot get the Triforce at that point. He wasn't lying. You will later enter the far left screens through level 9, and you can then get the Triforce after you beat that segment.

As for Level 8, I thought that this wouldn't be that hard to figure out, but I was wrong once again. You need to go to the Star Road (use the ocarina) and then use the Level 8 warp. If you've been there before, you may have noticed that both levels 7 and 8 require the wand and book (guitar and bagel) to enter. Well, you have those.

I understand that this could be difficult to figure out, so I was planning on making a small change where a person in level 7 (the one who currently says "Message String #35 not found. Backup string: 'Hey there baby...'") will tell you to shoot for the stars to find Level 8. That would be a pretty good hint, IMO.

Edited by Jish, 07 October 2004 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users